Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Something Not Quite Right Here

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Bosch-10-in-Carbide-Tipped-Table-Saw/1208633

"Carbide-Tipped Table Saw"

Just thought that was funny.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/16/2018 11:09 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Bosch-10-in-Carbide-Tipped-Table-Saw/1208633

"Carbide-Tipped Table Saw"

Just thought that was funny.

I find this reasonable. The carbide tips are on the corners of the
table. This permits them to gouge you more frequent, deeper and many
more times before they need to be replaced.

--
2018: The year we learn to play the great game of Euchre
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/16/18 12:29 PM, Keith Nuttle wrote:
On 4/16/2018 11:09 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Bosch-10-in-Carbide-Tipped-Table-Saw/1208633

"Carbide-Tipped Table Saw"

Just thought that was funny.

I find this reasonable.Â* The carbide tips are on the corners of the
table.Â* This permits them to gouge you more frequent, deeper and many
more times before they need to be replaced.

Great feature!

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/16/2018 10:09 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Bosch-10-in-Carbide-Tipped-Table-Saw/1208633

"Carbide-Tipped Table Saw"

Just thought that was funny.

Cracks me up, the people in charge of advertising.

I'm sure you have seen the Chevrolet truck commercials.

They show a $40K+ truck and with incentives and rebates you get $8000
total value. I would hope and or think for at least a $40K value truck
with an $8K discount.
Posted to rec.woodworking

-MIKE- wrote in news
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Bosch-10-in-Carbide-Tipped-Table-Saw/1208633

"Carbide-Tipped Table Saw"

Just thought that was funny.

Ever run a board along an edge to knock the sharpness off? Do you have
an otherwise good cut but with some roughness due to splintering? With
Bosch's new carbide tipped table saw, simply run the board along carbide
tipped edge and it'll knock those sharp edges or smooth rough splintered
boards off in no time!

Always use the hand guard.
If in doubt, hire a professional.
Do not catch flying carbide inserts with eye.

Puckdropper

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Monday, April 16, 2018 at 11:09:08 AM UTC-4, -MIKE- wrote:
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Bosch-10-in-Carbide-Tipped-Table-Saw/1208633

"Carbide-Tipped Table Saw"

Just thought that was funny.

I wonder if the cross cut version of the saw is also carbide tipped.

Apparently, this one only has one function:

"Motor generates 3,650-RPM to easily rip through woods"
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 16 Apr 2018 10:09:04 -0500, -MIKE-
wrote:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Bosch-10-in-Carbide-Tipped-Table-Saw/1208633

"Carbide-Tipped Table Saw"

Just thought that was funny.

25-in maximum left rip capacity and 25-in maximum right rip capacity
makes large cuts with ease

Haven't been here in quite a while; seems pretty slow Steve Turner[_3_] Woodworking 14 October 15th 13 02:24 AM
Looking for something like a window stay - but not quite [email protected] UK diy 7 September 30th 13 06:18 PM
Quite on here Kipper at sea UK diy 17 August 2nd 11 06:14 PM
Quite a few board feet here damian penney Woodworking 1 March 22nd 07 06:58 PM
Strange not-quite-240 high-voltage smoke problem... short? circuit breaker? Kent Monroe Home Repair 10 February 22nd 04 03:42 AM