DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Something Not Quite Right Here (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/609091-something-not-quite-right-here.html)

-MIKE- April 16th 18 04:09 PM

Something Not Quite Right Here

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Bosch-10-in-Carbide-Tipped-Table-Saw/1208633

"Carbide-Tipped Table Saw"

Just thought that was funny.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Keith nuttle April 16th 18 06:29 PM

Something Not Quite Right Here

On 4/16/2018 11:09 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Bosch-10-in-Carbide-Tipped-Table-Saw/1208633

"Carbide-Tipped Table Saw"

Just thought that was funny.

I find this reasonable. The carbide tips are on the corners of the
table. This permits them to gouge you more frequent, deeper and many
more times before they need to be replaced.

--
2018: The year we learn to play the great game of Euchre

-MIKE- April 16th 18 07:03 PM

On 4/16/18 12:29 PM, Keith Nuttle wrote:
On 4/16/2018 11:09 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Bosch-10-in-Carbide-Tipped-Table-Saw/1208633

"Carbide-Tipped Table Saw"

Just thought that was funny.

I find this reasonable.Â* The carbide tips are on the corners of the
table.Â* This permits them to gouge you more frequent, deeper and many
more times before they need to be replaced.

Great feature!

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Leon[_7_] April 16th 18 08:36 PM

On 4/16/2018 10:09 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Bosch-10-in-Carbide-Tipped-Table-Saw/1208633

"Carbide-Tipped Table Saw"

Just thought that was funny.

Cracks me up, the people in charge of advertising.

I'm sure you have seen the Chevrolet truck commercials.

They show a $40K+ truck and with incentives and rebates you get $8000
total value. I would hope and or think for at least a $40K value truck
with an $8K discount.

Puckdropper April 16th 18 08:47 PM

-MIKE- wrote in :

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Bosch-10-in-Carbide-Tipped-Table-Saw/1208633

"Carbide-Tipped Table Saw"

Just thought that was funny.

Ever run a board along an edge to knock the sharpness off? Do you have
an otherwise good cut but with some roughness due to splintering? With
Bosch's new carbide tipped table saw, simply run the board along carbide
tipped edge and it'll knock those sharp edges or smooth rough splintered
boards off in no time!

Always use the hand guard.
If in doubt, hire a professional.
Do not catch flying carbide inserts with eye.

Puckdropper

DerbyDad03 April 16th 18 10:27 PM

On Monday, April 16, 2018 at 11:09:08 AM UTC-4, -MIKE- wrote:
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Bosch-10-in-Carbide-Tipped-Table-Saw/1208633

"Carbide-Tipped Table Saw"

Just thought that was funny.

I wonder if the cross cut version of the saw is also carbide tipped.

Apparently, this one only has one function:

"Motor generates 3,650-RPM to easily rip through woods"

OFWW[_5_] April 17th 18 01:07 AM

Something Not Quite Right Here

On Mon, 16 Apr 2018 10:09:04 -0500, -MIKE-
wrote:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Bosch-10-in-Carbide-Tipped-Table-Saw/1208633

"Carbide-Tipped Table Saw"

Just thought that was funny.

25-in maximum left rip capacity and 25-in maximum right rip capacity
makes large cuts with ease