Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cutting boards made of UHMW???

On 3/29/2018 5:30 PM, Jerry Osage wrote:

One can purchase a board, or the plans to make it yourself. This is one
of my favorites.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVd-jxTmq4g

I only make cutting boards out of trees I cut down in my yard or friends
yard. To me, you can buy working (not art) cutting boards pretty cheap.

Now this guy makes fancy boards, but I'm more impressed with his tools.
Hell of a bandsaw, hell of a planer, hell of a table saw. This guy has
every right to be a "tool snob". Not easy to make me jealous (don't
care a lick about festering tools) but his tools are the bomb....
--
Jack
http://jbstein.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/11/2018 8:35 AM, Jack wrote:
On 3/29/2018 5:30 PM, Jerry Osage wrote:

One can purchase a board, or the plans to make it yourself. This is one
of my favorites.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVd-jxTmq4g

I only make cutting boards out of trees I cut down in my yard or friends
yard.* To me, you can buy working (not art) cutting boards pretty cheap.

Now this guy makes fancy boards, but I'm more impressed with his tools.
Hell of a bandsaw, hell of a planer, hell of a table saw. This guy has
every right to be a "tool snob".* Not easy to make me jealous (don't
care a lick about festering tools) but his tools are the bomb....

Like O.M.G, you said, his tools are the bomb! You sound just like a an
old guy wanting to sound like a teen. ;~)

Tool Snob, some one who makes cynical remarks about some one elses tools.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/11/2018 10:37 AM, Leon wrote:
On 4/11/2018 8:35 AM, Jack wrote:
On 3/29/2018 5:30 PM, Jerry Osage wrote:

One can purchase a board, or the plans to make it yourself. This is one
of my favorites.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVd-jxTmq4g

I only make cutting boards out of trees I cut down in my yard or
friends yard.* To me, you can buy working (not art) cutting boards
pretty cheap.

Now this guy makes fancy boards, but I'm more impressed with his
tools. Hell of a bandsaw, hell of a planer, hell of a table saw. This
guy has every right to be a "tool snob".* Not easy to make me jealous
(don't care a lick about festering tools) but his tools are the bomb....

Like O.M.G, you said, his tools are the bomb!* You sound just like a an
old guy wanting to sound like a teen.* ;~)

Tool Snob, some one who makes cynical remarks about some one elses tools.

Wait... THEY don't say "the bomb" anymore?
@#$%! I just got out of the habit of saying "the bee's knees".
What do THEY say now?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/11/2018 8:35 AM, Jack wrote:
[...]

Not sure but probably, but when it comes out of an old guy is just
sounds out of place. Cool, seems to still work well. Some words have
stood the test of time. MY BAD went down flaming. LOL

What irks me these days is the suffix "ality" tacked on to words that
work just fine all on their own. When does "function" EVER need to be
use as functionality???
Posted to rec.woodworking

shiggins1 wrote in news
Wait... THEY don't say "the bomb" anymore?
@#$%! I just got out of the habit of saying "the bee's knees".
What do THEY say now?

Dope. Chill.

I'm of that generation and I DON'T GET IT EITHER!

I still haven't figured out if chill means just "hang out" or if it means
"go someplace and smoke pot". It's just like "watch a movie" means
"start a movie and have sex." What do you say when you want to watch a
movie?! Even more confusing is "Netflix and Chill" means "have sex" but
has nothing to do with smoking pot?

And we thought hardwood vs hard wood was difficult!

Puckdropper

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/11/2018 8:35 AM, Jack wrote:
On 3/29/2018 5:30 PM, Jerry Osage wrote:

One can purchase a board, or the plans to make it yourself. This is one
of my favorites.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVd-jxTmq4g

I only make cutting boards out of trees I cut down in my yard or
friends yard. To me, you can buy working (not art) cutting boards
pretty cheap.

Now this guy makes fancy boards, but I'm more impressed with his
tools. Hell of a bandsaw, hell of a planer, hell of a table saw. This
guy has every right to be a "tool snob". Not easy to make me jealous
(don't care a lick about festering tools) but his tools are the bomb....

Like O.M.G, you said, his tools are the bomb! You sound just like a
an old guy wanting to sound like a teen. ;~)

Tool Snob, some one who makes cynical remarks about some one elses tools.

Wait... THEY don't say "the bomb" anymore?

Depends on your definition of "THEY".

@#$%! I just got out of the habit of saying "the bee's knees".
What do THEY say now?

Whilst I don't recollect every using "the bomb" before, I figured it
would bring the cynical, negative curmudgeons out of the woodwork.

It means the same as the bee's knees or the cat's meow, but like way newer.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/11/2018 8:35 AM, Jack wrote:
[...]

No, what actually brought out the cynical was hearing you start with,
referencing tool snob, and not caring a lick about a particular brand tool.
And now you are not so much impressed with his work as you are with his
tools. Talk about tool snob.

It means the same as the bee's knees or the cat's meow, but like way newer.

Yes, we all know.

And once again your comments, to draw attention , have served you well as
"click bait".
Some one needed to tend to "that" person in the room. This time it was
me.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/11/2018 2:40 PM, Leon wrote:

What irks me these days is the suffix "ality" tacked on to words that
work just fine all on their own.* When does "function" EVER need to be
use as functionality???

It doesn't for grammarality, but that's just a technicality.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/12/2018 8:40 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/11/2018 2:40 PM, Leon wrote:

What irks me these days is the suffix "ality" tacked on to words that
work just fine all on their own.* When does "function" EVER need to be
use as functionality???

It doesn't for grammarality, but that's just a technicality.

I think it is used by those that don't have a grasp of the true
definition of a word, or how to use it in it's past, present, or future
tense.

No kidding, I have read "obsolete" with ality some how tacked on to the
end. ;~)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/11/2018 2:40 PM, Leon wrote:

What irks me these days is the suffix "ality" tacked on to words that
work just fine all on their own.* When does "function" EVER need to be
use as functionality???

It doesn't for grammarality, but that's just a technicality.

I think it is used by those that don't have a grasp of the true
definition of a word, or how to use it in it's past, present, or future
tense.

No kidding, I have read "obsolete" with ality some how tacked on to the
end. ;~)

Once awhile ago, is was explained to me, English is a living and
dynamically ever evolving language.

But I have been butchering english for all my life, numbers are no
doubt my best mastered laguage.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/11/2018 2:40 PM, Leon wrote:

What irks me these days is the suffix "ality" tacked on to words that
work just fine all on their own.Â* When does "function" EVER need to be
use as functionality???

It doesn't for grammarality, but that's just a technicality.

I think it is used by those that don't have a grasp of the true
definition of a word, or how to use it in it's past, present, or future
tense.

No kidding, I have read "obsolete" with ality some how tacked on to the
end. ;~)

Once awhile ago, is was explained to me, English is a living and
dynamically ever evolving language.

But I have been butchering english for all my life, numbers are no
doubt my best mastered laguage.

LOL, there is that. Spelling gets harder for me and probably why I am
amazed at the younger generations trying to complicate matters with
adding unneeded suffixes.

Give me numers over spell'n. ;~)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/12/2018 10:59 AM, Leon wrote:

Give me numers over spell'n.Â* ;~)

Who was it who said it was a mighty poor fella' who couldn't think of
more than one way to spell a word? Mark Twain, maybe???...can't recall.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 12 Apr 2018 09:40:06 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 4/11/2018 2:40 PM, Leon wrote:

What irks me these days is the suffix "ality" tacked on to words that
work just fine all on their own.* When does "function" EVER need to be
use as functionality???

It doesn't for grammarality, but that's just a technicality.

That's just a generality.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/12/2018 11:34 AM, dpb wrote:
On 4/12/2018 10:59 AM, Leon wrote:

Give me numers over spell'n.Â* ;~)

Who was it who said it was a mighty poor fella' who couldn't think of
more than one way to spell a word?Â* Mark Twain, maybe???...can't recall.

--

YES... Him and that Samuel Clemens guy. ;~)

The way I heard it was that it takes a pretty intelligent person to be
able to spell a word more than one way. LOL
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thursday, April 12, 2018 at 4:53:46 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
On 4/12/2018 11:34 AM, dpb wrote:
On 4/12/2018 10:59 AM, Leon wrote:

Give me numers over spell'n.Â* ;~)

Who was it who said it was a mighty poor fella' who couldn't think of
more than one way to spell a word?Â* Mark Twain, maybe???...can't recall.

--

YES... Him and that Samuel Clemens guy. ;~)

The way I heard it was that it takes a pretty intelligent person to be
able to spell a word more than one way. LOL

Then again, misspelled words could indicate a lack of attention to detail. I want
any document that I get from my attorney or tax guy to be dead nuts perfect..

Spelling errors are a big red fleg. ;-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 4/11/2018 2:40 PM, Leon wrote:

What irks me these days is the suffix "ality" tacked on to words that
work just fine all on their own.Â* When does "function" EVER need to be
use as functionality???

It doesn't for grammarality, but that's just a technicality.

The reality of diminished morality and spirituality in this era of
inequality and individuality, regardless of the neutrality of one's
nationality, locality (principality or municipality) is a quality
originality abnormality.

Perhaps the banality/triviality outweighs the practicality.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 12 Apr 2018 22:11:05 +0000, Spalted Walt
wrote:

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 4/11/2018 2:40 PM, Leon wrote:

What irks me these days is the suffix "ality" tacked on to words that
work just fine all on their own.* When does "function" EVER need to be
use as functionality???

It doesn't for grammarality, but that's just a technicality.

The reality of diminished morality and spirituality in this era of
inequality and individuality, regardless of the neutrality of one's
nationality, locality (principality or municipality) is a quality
originality abnormality.

Perhaps the banality/triviality outweighs the practicality.

The above is pretty close to linguistic bestiality.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/11/2018 8:35 AM, Jack wrote:
[...]

Ahh, there he is, the negative, cynical leader himself, out from under
his woodwork and piles of festering tools.

It means the same as the bee's knees or the cat's meow, but like way newer.

Yes, we all know.

And once again your comments, to draw attention , have served you well as
"click bait".

Well, I could have drawn attention with stellar off topic issues like
irksome word suffixes, or shudder, proper punctuation/capitalization
rather than wood working tools that impress.

Some one needed to tend to "that" person in the room. This time it was
me.

Of course it was you, since festering tools were mentioned nothing gets
by you, particularly when a descriptive term like "the bomb" was used to
describe non-festering tools.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/12/2018 11:34 AM, dpb wrote:
On 4/12/2018 10:59 AM, Leon wrote:

Give me numers over spell'n.Â* ;~)

Who was it who said it was a mighty poor fella' who couldn't think of
more than one way to spell a word?Â* Mark Twain, maybe???...can't recall.

--

YES... Him and that Samuel Clemens guy. ;~)

The way I heard it was that it takes a pretty intelligent person to be
able to spell a word more than one way. LOL

Then again, misspelled words could indicate a lack of attention to detail. I want
any document that I get from my attorney or tax guy to be dead nuts perfect.

Spelling errors are a big red fleg. ;-)

Well I guess it is a good thing that we are not talking attorneys or taxes.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/11/2018 8:35 AM, Jack wrote:
On 3/29/2018 5:30 PM, Jerry Osage wrote:

One can purchase a board, or the plans to make it yourself. This
is one
of my favorites.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVd-jxTmq4g

I only make cutting boards out of trees I cut down in my yard or
friends yard.Â* To me, you can buy working (not art) cutting boards
pretty cheap.

Now this guy makes fancy boards, but I'm more impressed with his
tools. Hell of a bandsaw, hell of a planer, hell of a table saw. This
guy has every right to be a "tool snob".Â* Not easy to make me jealous
(don't care a lick about festering tools) but his tools are the
bomb....

Like O.M.G, you said, his tools are the bomb!Â* You sound just like a
an old guy wanting to sound like a teen.Â* ;~)

Tool Snob, some one who makes cynical remarks about some one elses
tools.

Wait... THEY don't say "the bomb" anymore?

Depends on your definition of "THEY".

@#$%! I just got out of the habit of saying "the bee's knees".
What do THEY say now?

Whilst I don't recollect every using "the bomb" before, I figured it
would bring the cynical, negative curmudgeons out of the woodwork.

No, what actually brought out the cynical was hearing you start with,
referencing tool snob, and not caring a lick about a particular brand
tool.
Â*Â* And now you are not so much impressed with his work as you are with
his
tools.Â*Â* Talk about tool snob.

Ahh, there he is, the negative, cynical leader himself, out from under
his woodwork and piles of festering tools.

It means the same as the bee's knees or the cat's meow, but like way
newer.

Yes, we all know.

And once again your comments, to draw attention , have served you well as
"click bait".

Well, I could have drawn attention with stellar off topic issues like
irksome word suffixes, or shudder, proper punctuation/capitalization
rather than wood working tools that impress.

Some one needed to tend to "that" person in the room.Â*Â* This time it was
me.

Of course it was you, since festering tools were mentioned nothing gets
by you, particularly when a descriptive term like "the bomb" was used to
describe non-festering tools.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/12/2018 11:34 AM, dpb wrote:
On 4/12/2018 10:59 AM, Leon wrote:

Give me numers over spell'n.* ;~)

Who was it who said it was a mighty poor fella' who couldn't think of
more than one way to spell a word?* Mark Twain, maybe???...can't recall.

--

YES... Him and that Samuel Clemens guy. ;~)

The way I heard it was that it takes a pretty intelligent person to be
able to spell a word more than one way. LOL

Then again, misspelled words could indicate a lack of attention to detail. I want
any document that I get from my attorney or tax guy to be dead nuts perfect.

Spelling errors are a big red fleg. ;-)

Well I guess it is a good thing that we are not talking attorneys or taxes.

Not in polite company, anyway.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/12/2018 5:01 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Then again, misspelled words could indicate a lack of attention to detail. I want
any document that I get from my attorney or tax guy to be dead nuts perfect.

Am always amazed at the lack of accuracy in every court document I've
ever had reason to looke at in detail...not only is minor typographical
but often even in fact.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, April 14, 2018 at 1:19:13 PM UTC-4, dpb wrote:
On 4/12/2018 5:01 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Then again, misspelled words could indicate a lack of attention to detail. I want
any document that I get from my attorney or tax guy to be dead nuts perfect.

Am always amazed at the lack of accuracy in every court document I've
ever had reason to looke at in detail...not only is minor typographical
but often even in fact.

I said "I want" not "I expect". ;-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 14 Apr 2018 17:30:53 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Saturday, April 14, 2018 at 8:12:27 PM UTC-4, wrote:

On 4/12/2018 11:34 AM, dpb wrote:
On 4/12/2018 10:59 AM, Leon wrote:

Give me numers over spell'n.* ;~)

Who was it who said it was a mighty poor fella' who couldn't think of
more than one way to spell a word?* Mark Twain, maybe???...can't recall.

--

YES... Him and that Samuel Clemens guy. ;~)

The way I heard it was that it takes a pretty intelligent person to be
able to spell a word more than one way. LOL

Then again, misspelled words could indicate a lack of attention to detail. I want
any document that I get from my attorney or tax guy to be dead nuts perfect.

Spelling errors are a big red fleg. ;-)

Well I guess it is a good thing that we are not talking attorneys or taxes.

Not in polite company, anyway.

And FWIW, what attorney actually produces the final copy of a document.

You've never heard of a "Final Notice"? They're usually written by
lawyers. I love the term "final draft", though.

The final draft is what occurs just prior to the insulation be installed.

Or what you get at last call, I suppose.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/12/2018 11:34 AM, dpb wrote:
[...]

Or Mr. Irrelevant

(Currently Chad Kelly, QB - Denver Broncos)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/12/2018 11:34 AM, dpb wrote:
[...]

Now that you mention it, I was #255. A friend got #365 and promptly
enlisted in the Marines. Go figure.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/14/2018 7:12 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 14 Apr 2018 15:11:30 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 4/12/2018 11:34 AM, dpb wrote:
[...]

I think they are dictated by attorneys but seldom actually typed/printed
in final form by an attorney. I'm sure there are exceptions and
especially with smaller firms or lone attorneys.

I deal with a couple of relative large law firms and specifically with a
particular partner, from each, and his or her number of interns,
multiple times during the month. As every one knows "I" do not often
proof read what I post and spell'n is not my strong suite, especially
when spell check is at a loss with what I am trying to spell too. ;~)

Anyway I find it settling, or is it comforting or reassuring that I am
not the only one with mistakes. It puts a grin on my face when I catch
an issue or misstatement on a "draft" that comes directly from one of
those attorneys before he passes it on to one of his interns for the
final version to be mailed. I'm certain the intern will correct any
problems but I think the client is supposed to see the corrected version
first, not last. :~)