Old April 12th 18, 04:59 PM posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cutting boards made of UHMW???

On 4/12/2018 10:30 AM, Markem wrote:
On Thu, 12 Apr 2018 08:57:49 -0500, Leon [email protected]
wrote:

On 4/12/2018 8:40 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/11/2018 2:40 PM, Leon wrote:

What irks me these days is the suffix "ality" tacked on to words that
work just fine all on their own.* When does "function" EVER need to be
use as functionality???

It doesn't for grammarality, but that's just a technicality.

I think it is used by those that don't have a grasp of the true
definition of a word, or how to use it in it's past, present, or future
tense.

No kidding, I have read "obsolete" with ality some how tacked on to the
end. ;~)

Once awhile ago, is was explained to me, English is a living and
dynamically ever evolving language.

But I have been butchering english for all my life, numbers are no
doubt my best mastered laguage.

LOL, there is that. Spelling gets harder for me and probably why I am
amazed at the younger generations trying to complicate matters with
adding unneeded suffixes.

Give me numers over spell'n. ;~)

Old April 12th 18, 05:34 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/12/2018 10:59 AM, Leon wrote:

Give me numers over spell'n.* ;~)

Who was it who said it was a mighty poor fella' who couldn't think of
more than one way to spell a word? Mark Twain, maybe???...can't recall.

Old April 12th 18, 07:02 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 12 Apr 2018 09:40:06 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 4/11/2018 2:40 PM, Leon wrote:

What irks me these days is the suffix "ality" tacked on to words that
work just fine all on their own.* When does "function" EVER need to be
use as functionality???

It doesn't for grammarality, but that's just a technicality.

That's just a generality.
Old April 12th 18, 09:53 PM posted to rec.woodworking

--

YES... Him and that Samuel Clemens guy. ;~)

The way I heard it was that it takes a pretty intelligent person to be
able to spell a word more than one way. LOL
Old April 12th 18, 11:01 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On Thursday, April 12, 2018 at 4:53:46 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
On 4/12/2018 11:34 AM, dpb wrote:
On 4/12/2018 10:59 AM, Leon wrote:

Give me numers over spell'n.* ;~)

Who was it who said it was a mighty poor fella' who couldn't think of
more than one way to spell a word?* Mark Twain, maybe???...can't recall.

--

YES... Him and that Samuel Clemens guy. ;~)

The way I heard it was that it takes a pretty intelligent person to be
able to spell a word more than one way. LOL

Then again, misspelled words could indicate a lack of attention to detail. I want
any document that I get from my attorney or tax guy to be dead nuts perfect..

Spelling errors are a big red fleg. ;-)

Old April 12th 18, 11:11 PM posted to rec.woodworking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 4/11/2018 2:40 PM, Leon wrote:

What irks me these days is the suffix "ality" tacked on to words that
work just fine all on their own.* When does "function" EVER need to be
use as functionality???

It doesn't for grammarality, but that's just a technicality.

The reality of diminished morality and spirituality in this era of
inequality and individuality, regardless of the neutrality of one's
nationality, locality (principality or municipality) is a quality
originality abnormality.

Perhaps the banality/triviality outweighs the practicality.

Old April 13th 18, 02:29 AM posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 12 Apr 2018 22:11:05 +0000, Spalted Walt
wrote:

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 4/11/2018 2:40 PM, Leon wrote:

What irks me these days is the suffix "ality" tacked on to words that
work just fine all on their own.* When does "function" EVER need to be
use as functionality???

It doesn't for grammarality, but that's just a technicality.

The reality of diminished morality and spirituality in this era of
inequality and individuality, regardless of the neutrality of one's
nationality, locality (principality or municipality) is a quality
originality abnormality.

Perhaps the banality/triviality outweighs the practicality.

The above is pretty close to linguistic bestiality.
Old April 13th 18, 01:27 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/12/2018 9:28 AM, Leon wrote:
Jack wrote:
On 4/11/2018 12:34 PM, shiggins1 wrote:
On 4/11/2018 10:37 AM, Leon wrote:
On 4/11/2018 8:35 AM, Jack wrote:
On 3/29/2018 5:30 PM, Jerry Osage wrote:

One can purchase a board, or the plans to make it yourself. This is one
of my favorites.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVd-jxTmq4g

I only make cutting boards out of trees I cut down in my yard or
friends yard. To me, you can buy working (not art) cutting boards
pretty cheap.

Now this guy makes fancy boards, but I'm more impressed with his
tools. Hell of a bandsaw, hell of a planer, hell of a table saw. This
guy has every right to be a "tool snob". Not easy to make me jealous
(don't care a lick about festering tools) but his tools are the bomb....

Like O.M.G, you said, his tools are the bomb! You sound just like a
an old guy wanting to sound like a teen. ;~)

Tool Snob, some one who makes cynical remarks about some one elses tools.

Wait... THEY don't say "the bomb" anymore?

Depends on your definition of "THEY".

@#$%! I just got out of the habit of saying "the bee's knees".
What do THEY say now?

Whilst I don't recollect every using "the bomb" before, I figured it
would bring the cynical, negative curmudgeons out of the woodwork.

No, what actually brought out the cynical was hearing you start with,
referencing tool snob, and not caring a lick about a particular brand tool.
And now you are not so much impressed with his work as you are with his
tools. Talk about tool snob.

Ahh, there he is, the negative, cynical leader himself, out from under
his woodwork and piles of festering tools.

It means the same as the bee's knees or the cat's meow, but like way newer.

Yes, we all know.

And once again your comments, to draw attention , have served you well as
"click bait".

Well, I could have drawn attention with stellar off topic issues like
irksome word suffixes, or shudder, proper punctuation/capitalization
rather than wood working tools that impress.

Some one needed to tend to "that" person in the room. This time it was
me.

Of course it was you, since festering tools were mentioned nothing gets
by you, particularly when a descriptive term like "the bomb" was used to
describe non-festering tools.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com
Old April 14th 18, 02:02 AM posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/12/2018 11:34 AM, dpb wrote:
On 4/12/2018 10:59 AM, Leon wrote:

Give me numers over spell'n.* ;~)

Who was it who said it was a mighty poor fella' who couldn't think of
more than one way to spell a word?* Mark Twain, maybe???...can't recall.

--

YES... Him and that Samuel Clemens guy. ;~)

The way I heard it was that it takes a pretty intelligent person to be
able to spell a word more than one way. LOL

Then again, misspelled words could indicate a lack of attention to detail. I want
any document that I get from my attorney or tax guy to be dead nuts perfect.

Spelling errors are a big red fleg. ;-)

Well I guess it is a good thing that we are not talking attorneys or taxes.