Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Rockler Expandable dust collection hose

I just bought some of this hose.

Link is: http://www.rockler.com/rockler-4-dia...xpandable-hose

I think its the best I have ever seen. It combines the characteristics of a good quality hose (sturdy wire wrap, thick plastic) and the desirable quality of being very extensible/collapsable. It is not like that cheap flimsy expandable hose with the thin wall - the stuff you see at some woodworker shows.

It holds its round shape and does not kink when partially collapsed. The expand/collapse ratio is 7:1. That is a hose that expands to 14 feet will collapse to 2 feet.

I recommend this product. Oh by the way, its Rockler blue so be sure it matches the decor of your shop.

Bob
Posted to rec.woodworking

Bob Davis wrote:

I just bought some of this hose.

Link is: http://www.rockler.com/rockler-4-dia...xpandable-hose

I think its the best I have ever seen. It combines the characteristics of a good quality hose (sturdy wire wrap, thick plastic) and the desirable quality of being very extensible/collapsable. It is not like that cheap flimsy expandable hose with the thin wall - the stuff you see at some woodworker shows.

It holds its round shape and does not kink when partially collapsed. The expand/collapse ratio is 7:1. That is a hose that expands to 14 feet will collapse to 2 feet.

I recommend this product. Oh by the way, its Rockler blue so be sure it matches the decor of your shop.

Bob

Yikes! Wonder what happend here?
http://wac.edgecastcdn.net/001A39/prod/media/6f2iIJdfiy1XrhEsite/02A4D522ECD76EBD92320416F5A34DA9.app1_152151016026 4_L1800.jpeg

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/6/2018 10:48 AM, Bob Davis wrote:
I just bought some of this hose.

Link is: http://www.rockler.com/rockler-4-dia...xpandable-hose

I think its the best I have ever seen. It combines the characteristics of a good quality hose (sturdy wire wrap, thick plastic) and the desirable quality of being very extensible/collapsable. It is not like that cheap flimsy expandable hose with the thin wall - the stuff you see at some woodworker shows.

It holds its round shape and does not kink when partially collapsed. The expand/collapse ratio is 7:1. That is a hose that expands to 14 feet will collapse to 2 feet.

I recommend this product. Oh by the way, its Rockler blue so be sure it matches the decor of your shop.

Bob

I like Rockler products but much of it is overpriced and some are not as
durable or long lasting as they should be, IMO.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Fake news

Yikes! Wonder what happend here?
http://wac.edgecastcdn.net/001A39/prod/media/6f2iIJdfiy1XrhEsite/02A4D522ECD76EBD92320416F5A34DA9.app1_152151016026 4_L1800.jpeg

Posted to rec.woodworking

Bob Davis wrote:

Fake news

The pic isn't from CNN, it's from the link _you_ provided.

Link is: http://www.rockler.com/rockler-4-dia...xpandable-hose

HTH

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 06 Apr 2018 15:50:43 +0000, Spalted Walt
wrote:

Bob Davis wrote:

[...]

To me it looks like glorified Clothes Dryer vent hose and as such is not
made to be pulled around on the floor scouring away the thin plastic
over the coil wire. To me, the fact that the coil wire came out is to be
expected. Once that starts I would expect the partial vacuum to make it
worse very quickly.
--

Jerry O.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, April 7, 2018 at 6:55:55 PM UTC-4, Spalted Walt wrote:
Bob Davis wrote:

Fake news

The pic isn't from CNN, it's from the link _you_ provided.

....and with the pic, came these words:

Hose Breakdown
I have liked this hose for it's ability to stretch out and then collapse back down to fit in small
places. However, I have had the hose for less than six months and it is breaking down. The
wire structure the plastic is wrapped around is breaking through the plastic. See attached
photo.

(Which we have)

Link is: http://www.rockler.com/rockler-4-dia...xpandable-hose

HTH

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, April 7, 2018 at 5:55:55 PM UTC-5, Spalted Walt wrote:
Bob Davis wrote:

Fake news

The pic isn't from CNN, it's from the link _you_ provided.

Link is: http://www.rockler.com/rockler-4-dia...xpandable-hose

HTH

Ok, Walt, but you need to learn to communicate more clearly. We are not mind-readers. A single picture with no information or explanation doesn't say much.

It looks like Rockler is having some quality issues, based on some of the reviews. My experience with Rockler backing their product is excellent. We'll see how this goes. There are lots of reviews from people who like the product a lot, but its too new to determine if its poor design or bad lot quality or something else. I am sorry I recommended it so quickly. Obviously, I like it a lot. In the past, I have avoided all forms of flex hose because of the flow resistance it causes. But some tools (especially table saws) have dramatically improved dust collection efficiency and its not so much an issue.

Bob
Posted to rec.woodworking

Bob Davis wrote:

Fake news

The pic isn't from CNN, it's from the link _you_ provided.

Link is: http://www.rockler.com/rockler-4-dia...xpandable-hose

HTH

Ok, Walt, but you need to learn to communicate more clearly.

It's not my job to hold your hand or write a treatise on the err of
posting a review for an item you "just bought".

We are not mind-readers.

TINW

A single picture with no information or explanation doesn't say much.

It speaks volumes about how little research you did before writing
your premature review.

I just bought some of this hose....
I think its the best I have ever seen...
I recommend this product...

Posted to rec.woodworking

Bob Davis wrote:

Fake news

The pic isn't from CNN, it's from the link _you_ provided.

Link is: http://www.rockler.com/rockler-4-dia...xpandable-hose

HTH

Ok, Walt, but you need to learn to communicate more clearly.

It's not my job to hold your hand or write a treatise on the err of
posting a review for an item you "just bought".

We are not mind-readers.

TINW

A single picture with no information or explanation doesn't say much.

It speaks volumes about how little research you did before writing
your premature review.

I just bought some of this hose....
I think its the best I have ever seen...
I recommend this product...

How about we both stop this childish diatribe?

Peace?

Bob