Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Great Replacement Top For Used Caulk Tube!

Finally someone came up with a great solution re-using your half-used
caulk tubes.
This is a really cool product and is cheap enough to make reusing caulk
worth it.
https://www.tubeanew.com

I'm going to order a 5-pack of these to keep in the work van for several
reasons.
1. I'm not a fan of filling landfills with perfectly good caulk,
adhesives, roofing tar, and other stuff.
2. Even though I pass the cost on to the client, I would rather be able
to use one tube of caulk for several jobs, than buy a new one for each
job.
3. Most importantly: whether in the shop or on the job site, I hate
when I have to run to the store to get some tube-based product that I
know I have a used tube of on the shelf or under the seat of my van, but
I can't use because the tip is all dried up and/or it's been cut too big.
4. I've used every single "caulk saver" product out there and while
some of them work ok, none of them completely solve the problem and all
of them cost as much or more than this Tube-A-New.

I'm not that concerned about wasting a $3 tube of painters' caulk (even
though I still don't want to have it in a landfill) but some of the
specialty adhesives and most of the pure silicone products are up near
and over 10 bucks a tube, now.

A buck and a half to be able to use silicone caulk more than once is a
no-brainer for me.
Also, the design makes it pretty easy to push the caulk out the
Tube-A-New backwards and reuse it again on another tube.

Can't wait to get these. I'll report back with a review as soon as I
use one.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/27/2018 12:59 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
Finally someone came up with a great solution re-using your half-used
caulk tubes.
This is a really cool product and is cheap enough to make reusing caulk
worth it.
https://www.tubeanew.com

I'm going to order a 5-pack of these to keep in the work van for several
reasons.
1.Â* I'm not a fan of filling landfills with perfectly good caulk,
adhesives, roofing tar, and other stuff.
2.Â* Even though I pass the cost on to the client, I would rather be able
to use one tube of caulk for several jobs, than buy a new one for each
job.
3.Â* Most importantly: whether in the shop or on the job site, I hate
when I have to run to the store to get some tube-based product that I
know I have a used tube of on the shelf or under the seat of my van, but
I can't use because the tip is all dried up and/or it's been cut too big.
4.Â* I've used every single "caulk saver" product out there and while
some of them work ok, none of them completely solve the problem and all
of them cost as much or more than this Tube-A-New.

I'm not that concerned about wasting a $3 tube of painters' caulk (even
though I still don't want to have it in a landfill) but some of the
specialty adhesives and most of the pure silicone products are up near
and over 10 bucks a tube, now.

A buck and a half to be able to use silicone caulk more than once is a
no-brainer for me.
Also, the design makes it pretty easy to push the caulk out the
Tube-A-New backwards and reuse it again on another tube.

Can't wait to get these.Â* I'll report back with a review as soon as I
use one.

Looks great but might be more expensive if you are only saving less than
half of a tube. But for the expensive stuff this should be good.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/27/18 1:15 PM, Leon wrote:
[...]

It would definitely save money for the expensive stuff, but I see it
more as a butt-saver.

There are so many times when I'm on a job and the need arises for some
calking that was previously unplanned for. Crap! Now I have to run to
the hardware store for caulk, no wait! I have half a tube under my
seat, yea! Nope, crap again! It's all dried up in the nozzle or the
nozzle is cut back to 1/2" from the end. Wait, I have Tube-A-New!! :-)

Worth every penny for that considering the time it saves.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/27/2018 1:30 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/27/18 1:15 PM, Leon wrote:
On 3/27/2018 12:59 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
Finally someone came up with a great solution re-using your
half-used caulk tubes. This is a really cool product and is cheap
enough to make reusing caulk worth it. https://www.tubeanew.com

I'm going to order a 5-pack of these to keep in the work van for
several reasons. 1.Â* I'm not a fan of filling landfills with
perfectly good caulk, adhesives, roofing tar, and other stuff. 2.
Even though I pass the cost on to the client, I would rather be
able to use one tube of caulk for several jobs, than buy a new one
for each job. 3.Â* Most importantly: whether in the shop or on the
job site, I hate when I have to run to the store to get some
tube-based product that I know I have a used tube of on the shelf
or under the seat of my van, but I can't use because the tip is all
dried up and/or it's been cut too big. 4.Â* I've used every single
"caulk saver" product out there and while some of them work ok,
none of them completely solve the problem and all of them cost as
much or more than this Tube-A-New.

I'm not that concerned about wasting a $3 tube of painters' caulk
(even though I still don't want to have it in a landfill) but some
of the specialty adhesives and most of the pure silicone products
are up near and over 10 bucks a tube, now.

A buck and a half to be able to use silicone caulk more than once
is a no-brainer for me. Also, the design makes it pretty easy to
push the caulk out the Tube-A-New backwards and reuse it again on
another tube.

Can't wait to get these.Â* I'll report back with a review as soon as
I use one.

Looks great but might be more expensive if you are only saving less
than half of a tube.Â* But for the expensive stuff this should be
good.

It would definitely save money for the expensive stuff, but I see it
more as a butt-saver.

There are so many times when I'm on a job and the need arises for some
calking that was previously unplanned for.Â* Crap!Â* Now I have to run to
the hardware store for caulk, no wait!Â* I have half a tube under my
seat, yea!Â* Nope, crap again!Â*Â* It's all dried up in the nozzle or the
nozzle is cut back to 1/2" from the end.Â* Wait, I have Tube-A-New!!Â*Â* :-)

Worth every penny for that considering the time it saves.

There is that and excuse me for forgetting the "get you out of a jam"
situation. LOL

Now where is that utility knife???
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/27/2018 2:15 PM, Leon wrote:
[...]

May not work as well but I have found that One of the large size Wire
nut works well as a cap for used caulk tube.

Maybe not as well as that advertised but better that any thing I have found

--
2018: The year we learn to play the great game of Euchre

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/27/18 1:57 PM, Leon wrote:
On 3/27/2018 1:30 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/27/18 1:15 PM, Leon wrote:
[...]

situation.Â* LOL

Now where is that utility knife???

Utility knives and in the same category as tape measures in my book.
There needs to one within reach at any and every location I keep or use
tools.
Every bench, vehicle, tool box, everywhere. :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/27/2018 1:59 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
[...]

Seems kind of excessive but I guess YMMV. Personally, I've been using these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

for a while and they are foolproof. I had a tube of construction adhesive
that I capped back in early 2014 with one of these and opened it a week ago
and it was still perfectly usable. My biggest problem was that I had bought
a big contractor-size package of them and it appears that during a
post-project cleanup they got sent to the landfill so I had to buy
replacements (in a smaller package this time).
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/27/18 1:58 PM, Keith Nuttle wrote:
On 3/27/2018 2:15 PM, Leon wrote:
[...]

I have used that trick before, too!

Even with the specialty made aftermarket caps with the long protruding
sticks in the middle, or the caulk-condom types, it seems like once you
break the original seal and any air gets in, the stuff in the nozzle
will dry up and harden.

Believe it or not, the little snap-on/off cap that comes on the GE tubes
does a pretty good job of keeping the tube usable for a week or longer.
But it pops off pretty easily, and it doesn't solve the problem of
needing a smaller opening on the tip.

This is one of the best replacement tips I've ever used and solves the
problem of re-sizing the nozzle hole, but I spend a lot of time cleaning
it out and it won't thread onto some manufacturers' nozzles.
https://www.homaxproducts.com/kitchen-bath/caulk-tools/homax-caulk-tips

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/27/18 2:17 PM, John McGaw wrote:
On 3/27/2018 1:59 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
[...]

I've used those, too, John and they do work very well.
But you are stuck with whatever size hole you cut on the tube nozzle (or
bigger).

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/27/2018 1:30 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/27/18 1:15 PM, Leon wrote:
[...]

I'd've thunk for somebody working pretty-much continuously would use up
tubes fast enough to not be such a problem as for the homeowner/handyman
who may be months between (like I, for the most part as far as that kind
of work)...

That said, certainly for the "high-priced spread" could well be worth
the material savings and obviously if it's a livelihood rather than
hobby or just personal then "time is money" will likely override other
considerations.

That said also I've had moderately good success with using
appropriately-sized wirenut to cap a tube and then place in sealable
plastic baggie; can squeeze enough air out of them it seems to
significantly slow the cure rate on those that are
oxidation-driven...plus, keeps any mess contained if in the truck or the
like and something gets dropped on the tube and smushes it instead of
getting all over...

I may order the sample just to see, though; is cute idea...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/27/18 2:37 PM, dpb wrote:
On 3/27/2018 1:30 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/27/18 1:15 PM, Leon wrote:
[...]

Certainly, it's not an issue for someone who, like you said, is using
the same product every day for the same tasks. Window installers, for
example.

But it's perfect for me. I like to have "some of everything" in the
van. I usually keep a few varieties and colors of this type of tubes in
the van...
https://www.lowes.com/pd/GE-Silicone-II-2-8-oz-Clear-Silicone-Caulk/3102449
They are big enough for smaller jobs and touch-ups, but big enough to
save for later use. Plus, the screw-on/off cap works very well.

The Tube-A-New should allow me to use left-over full size tubes for this
purpose as well.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/27/2018 3:17 PM, John McGaw wrote:
On 3/27/2018 1:59 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
[...]

A local hardware store sells hard rubber caulk caps that I started using
a few years ago. I've never had a problem with hard caulk using them.
Prior to that I used the pinky finger from a latex glove and electrical
tape, also with no problems.

The topic product appears to waste a fair amount when cutting the top.
Considering the hardness is usually within the plastic stem and rarely,
just below that at the surface, cutting that much off is a waste, IMO.
Wasting good material drives me bananas regardless how cheap it may be.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/27/2018 1:59 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
[...]

That doesn't get you a smaller hole if needed.

The topic product appears to waste a fair amount when cutting the top.
Considering the hardness is usually within the plastic stem and rarely,
just below that at the surface, cutting that much off is a waste, IMO.
Wasting good material drives me bananas regardless how cheap it may be.

Their demonstrations are for, well, demonstration purposes. :-)
I'm sure it could be cut off closer to the nozzle.
Some water-based product can harden well into the tube.
Either way, cutting it off too far is still saving more material than
throwing the tube away because you can't use it.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tuesday, March 27, 2018 at 2:57:47 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
On 3/27/2018 1:30 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/27/18 1:15 PM, Leon wrote:
[...]

Speaking of dried up caulk and utility knives...

A bunch of years back I came across a full tube of caulk that was dried
up solid, end to end. Just for fun I grabbed a utility knife and cut the
tube enough to be able to peel it away, leaving me holding a hard, rubbery
cylinder of caulk.

First off, the caulk would have made a perfect "blunt instrument" that
would have really confused the local Medical Examiner. Slightly rubbery,
but hard enough to break a bone or crack a skull.

But that wasn't the most interesting thing. After playing around with it, I
noticed that my hands smelled a little funny, although I hadn't noticed that
caulk itself had any odor at all. I brought it up real close to my nose and
took a whiff. The odor was so sharp that I recoiled almost in pain. I moved
the caulk just a few inches from my nose and smelled nothing. I brought it
closer and recoiled again.

There were a few guys around, so I told them to smell it. The same thing
happened to them. A few inches from the nose, nothing. Right up at the nose,
pain.

It was the strangest thing. The odor just clung to the caulk and didn't
radiate.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 27 Mar 2018 14:11:15 -0500, -MIKE-
wrote:

On 3/27/18 1:57 PM, Leon wrote:
On 3/27/2018 1:30 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/27/18 1:15 PM, Leon wrote:
[...]

+1 ...and pencils. There has to be one within reach from wherever I
am in my house or at work.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 27 Mar 2018 14:58:27 -0400, Keith Nuttle
wrote:

On 3/27/2018 2:15 PM, Leon wrote:
[...]

A screw threaded into the nozzle works well.

Maybe not as well as that advertised but better that any thing I have found

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On 3/27/18 1:57 PM, Leon wrote:
On 3/27/2018 1:30 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/27/18 1:15 PM, Leon wrote:
[...]

YES, pencils, too.
(and reading glasses)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On 3/27/18 1:57 PM, Leon wrote:
On 3/27/2018 1:30 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/27/18 1:15 PM, Leon wrote:
[...]

For me, it's a step ladder, stool or chair. ;-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/27/2018 1:59 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
[...]

I usually don't use a larger hole for most caulking jobs. It's easier to
go slower using a smaller opening and fill a larger gap than to have a
large opening trying to fill a smaller gap.

The topic product appears to waste a fair amount when cutting the top.
Considering the hardness is usually within the plastic stem and
rarely, just below that at the surface, cutting that much off is a
waste, IMO. Wasting good material drives me bananas regardless how
cheap it may be.

Their demonstrations are for, well, demonstration purposes.Â* :-)
I'm sure it could be cut off closer to the nozzle.
Some water-based product can harden well into the tube.
Either way, cutting it off too far is still saving more material than
throwing the tube away because you can't use it.

Agree with that but after viewing the video, I'm under the impression if
one cuts near the top and apply the cap, it'll be too long for the gun.
Though, I didn't pay close attention.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/27/2018 1:59 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
[...]

There are many application for which a larger bead of caulk is required.
I prefer to cut the nozzle to the require size for efficient application.
In my opinion it's much more efficient and neat to cut the nozzle to the
correct size for the required bead, and not build it up.

Also, Murphy's Law dictates that any used caulk tube will have a larger
hole than is needed for the next application. :-)

The topic product appears to waste a fair amount when cutting the
top. Considering the hardness is usually within the plastic stem
and rarely, just below that at the surface, cutting that much off
is a waste, IMO. Wasting good material drives me bananas
regardless how cheap it may be.

Their demonstrations are for, well, demonstration purposes. :-)
I'm sure it could be cut off closer to the nozzle. Some water-based
product can harden well into the tube. Either way, cutting it off
too far is still saving more material than throwing the tube away
because you can't use it.

Agree with that but after viewing the video, I'm under the impression
if one cuts near the top and apply the cap, it'll be too long for the
gun. Though, I didn't pay close attention.

You're right, you didn't. :-p
They address that issue by instructing the user to simply cut off an the
extra length from the back of the tube. Simple, quick, easy solution
that would take about 20 seconds.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/27/2018 2:11 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/27/18 1:57 PM, Leon wrote:
On 3/27/2018 1:30 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/27/18 1:15 PM, Leon wrote:
[...]

:-)

Worth every penny for that considering the time it saves.

There is that and excuse me for forgetting the "get you out of a jam"
situation.Â* LOL

Now where is that utility knife???

Utility knives and in the same category as tape measures in my book.
There needs to one within reach at any and every location I keep or use
tools.
Every bench, vehicle, tool box, everywhere.Â*Â* :-)

Soooo I have at least 5 utility knives..... I could only find the one
with the dull blade with no spares for it... When I finish the task I
located the other 4, all where they were supposed to be. I was just not
looking for what I though I was looking for.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/27/2018 1:30 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/27/18 1:15 PM, Leon wrote:
[...]

Whew! I thought you may have been going another direction with that. ;~)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/27/2018 2:57 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/27/18 2:37 PM, dpb wrote:
On 3/27/2018 1:30 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/27/18 1:15 PM, Leon wrote:
On 3/27/2018 12:59 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
Finally someone came up with a great solution re-using your
half-used caulk tubes. This is a really cool product and is
cheap enough to make reusing caulk worth it.
https://www.tubeanew.com

Looks great but might be more expensive if you are only saving
less than half of a tube.Â* But for the expensive stuff this
should be good.

It would definitely save money for the expensive stuff, but I see
it more as a butt-saver.

There are so many times when I'm on a job and the need arises for
some calking that was previously unplanned for.Â* Crap!Â* Now I have
to run to the hardware store for caulk, no wait!Â* I have half a
tube under my seat, yea!Â* Nope, crap again!Â*Â* It's all dried up in
the nozzle or the nozzle is cut back to 1/2" from the end.Â* Wait, I
have Tube-A-New!!Â*Â* :-)

Worth every penny for that considering the time it saves.

I'd've thunk for somebody working pretty-much continuously would use
up tubes fast enough to not be such a problem as for the
homeowner/handyman who may be months between (like I, for the most
part as far as that kind of work)...

That said, certainly for the "high-priced spread" could well be worth
Â*the material savings and obviously if it's a livelihood rather than
Â*hobby or just personal then "time is money" will likely override
other considerations.

That said also I've had moderately good success with using
appropriately-sized wirenut to cap a tube and then place in sealable
Â*plastic baggie; can squeeze enough air out of them it seems to
significantly slow the cure rate on those that are
oxidation-driven...plus, keeps any mess contained if in the truck or
the like and something gets dropped on the tube and smushes it
instead of getting all over...

I may order the sample just to see, though; is cute idea...

--

Certainly, it's not an issue for someone who, like you said, is using
the same product every day for the same tasks.Â* Window installers, for
example.

But it's perfect for me.Â* I like to have "some of everything" in the
van.Â* I usually keep a few varieties and colors of this type of tubes in
the van...
https://www.lowes.com/pd/GE-Silicone-II-2-8-oz-Clear-Silicone-Caulk/3102449

They are big enough for smaller jobs and touch-ups, but big enough to
save for later use.Â* Plus, the screw-on/off cap works very well.

The Tube-A-New should allow me to use left-over full size tubes for this
purpose as well.

Thinking a little more about this, can you reuse them? Seems that they
renew a tube that is dried up on the end but it will dry up again if you
do not use the remainder of the tube.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/27/2018 2:17 PM, John McGaw wrote:
On 3/27/2018 1:59 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
[...]

LOL, I have used those and they work well until they get a little too
old, 6~8 years., The rubber dries out, cracks, and hardens. Worked
pretty good on air tool male couplings too, until they dried out,
cracked, and hardened. A wire brush is necessary to remove at that
point. ;~(

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/28/18 10:31 AM, Leon wrote:
On 3/27/2018 2:57 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/27/18 2:37 PM, dpb wrote:
On 3/27/2018 1:30 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/27/18 1:15 PM, Leon wrote:
[...]

The only thing that keeps you from reusing a tube of caulk is usually
that the nozzle is all clogged up and dry, and often even some inside
the tube. As we all know, it's very difficult to pull dried caulk out
of a tapered nozzle from the small end. And when you do, you usually
end up buggering up the nozzle, and you need to put on an aftermarket
nozzle or fashion some other "shop-tip" solution.

Imagine if you could take the entire nozzle end off of every tube of
caulk, so you could pull out the died caulk from the big side, wipe off
the residue, put the nozzle back on the tube and start again with a
fresh nozzle.

That's what this Tube-A-New accomplishes. And since it slides right
off, it can be cleaned out and reused again, if that's what the user
wants to do.

So yes, I see them as a reusable product. However, you now have to deal
with the hole size issue. Not a big deal if you need the same size or
bigger, just like with any tube.

I could see easily getting 2-3 reuses out of the same one before
deciding to dump it.
I could also see someone keeping 3 Tube-A-News for each material, with 3
different sized nozzle holes. There is some labor involved in cleaning
out the Tube-A-New after each use, but it's probably akin to painters
cleaning their brushes.

It would be a trade-off. The time it takes to clean them out to keep
'em out of the landfill vs. the convenience of having a bunch of cheap,
disposable, single-use items that don't require any extra time for
clean-up.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 28 Mar 2018 11:13:04 -0500, -MIKE-
wrote:

The only thing that keeps you from reusing a tube of caulk is usually
that the nozzle is all clogged up and dry, and often even some inside
the tube. As we all know, it's very difficult to pull dried caulk out
of a tapered nozzle from the small end. And when you do, you usually
end up buggering up the nozzle, and you need to put on an aftermarket
nozzle or fashion some other "shop-tip" solution.

I have dental picks so when I am anal about it I can preserve the tip,
but maybe not that anal most of the time though.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 28 Mar 2018 10:19:33 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 3/27/2018 2:11 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/27/18 1:57 PM, Leon wrote:
On 3/27/2018 1:30 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/27/18 1:15 PM, Leon wrote:
[...]

I have a bunch of them, all lined up in a drawer. When I'm working on
a project, they slowly start walking out of the drawer and sit around
various benches (and horizontal surface, really) watching me work.
When I'm all done, I round them up and put them back to bed. There
are a couple of 100-packs of blades in the drawer, too.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/27/2018 1:30 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/27/18 1:15 PM, Leon wrote:
[...]

Where do I send the bill for a new keyboard?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/28/18 10:06 PM, Leon wrote:
On 3/28/2018 8:44 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 28 Mar 2018 10:23:34 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 3/27/2018 4:51 PM,
wrote:
Snip

+1Â* ...and pencils.Â* There has to be one within reach from wherever I
am in my house or at work.

I typically have 5~6 pencils in the shop.Â* They are typically in one
spot or no where to be found.Â* :~)

My lumber supplier gives me a new pencil or two when I buy wood.Â* These
are good pencils and are closely guarded in my desk drawer.Â* I think I
have about 50 stashed away.Â* I give the pink ones to my wife.Â* ;~)

I've bought packs of 50 .7mm mechanical pencils at WallyWorld for
about $5.

I still prefer something with a point, relatively sharp one.Â* Might be
from my old drafting days.Â* I do not do a lot of marking so a good
pencil will last me a long time.Â* It has probably been a couple of years
since I have taken one of those pencils out of my desk. It's not unusual
for me to not make a single mark during a full day of cutting wood.

I have my "old drafting days," too!

I rue the day when I left my drafting tools somewhere, including all the
pencils and leads.
To this day, I prefer a really hard lead like a 2H or higher... if I can
find it.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/28/2018 10:47 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/28/18 10:06 PM, Leon wrote:
On 3/28/2018 8:44 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 28 Mar 2018 10:23:34 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 3/27/2018 4:51 PM,
wrote:
[...]

My old t-Square is hanging on the wall about 4' from me right now.
Behind me, on a book shelf, my old electric eraser. My old stationary
heavy spin around mechanical pencil sharpener is around here some where.
I think I still have my triangles. AH! my old bow compass set is in the
shop. Then in 86 I started drawing with CAD, self taught. It was a
hobby then for wood working.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/27/2018 1:30 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/27/18 1:15 PM, Leon wrote:
[...]

Yep! Been there before and it'll find its way back again.
Posted to rec.woodworking

-MIKE- wrote in news
Finally someone came up with a great solution re-using your half-used
caulk tubes.
This is a really cool product and is cheap enough to make reusing caulk
worth it.
https://www.tubeanew.com

I'm going to order a 5-pack of these to keep in the work van for several
reasons.[...]

Mike, thanks much for posting this. I've already ordered the $1 sample, and I expect I'll order a
5-pack within a day or two after that arrives. Finally, something that might actually *work* for
saving caulk!
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/2/18 9:49 PM, Doug Miller wrote:
-MIKE- wrote in news
Finally someone came up with a great solution re-using your half-used
caulk tubes.
This is a really cool product and is cheap enough to make reusing caulk
worth it.
https://www.tubeanew.com

I'm going to order a 5-pack of these to keep in the work van for several
reasons.[...]

Mike, thanks much for posting this. I've already ordered the $1 sample, and I expect I'll order a
5-pack within a day or two after that arrives. Finally, something that might actually *work* for
saving caulk!

I got my 5-pack the other day.
I'm waiting for a "real world" usage to post a review.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--