Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Time to stock up

Have been in HD a bunch over the last few days to get parts and pieces for a couple of large repairs and they are clearing out a lot of merchandise in our local stores. Mostly it is odds and ends of the stuff I use a lot of like drill bit kits, recip saw blades, driver bit sets and saw blades. Most of the consumables are in the 30 to 50% off range. I stocked up on drive bit/drill bit combos and bought some more recip blades. Got some Avanti brand framing blades (average quality) at 2 for 1, so that made them $3 a piece. Etc., etc.

Every store is different, and all of them seem to be just clearing out their excess inventory of those types of things.

One thing that surprised me was they had DeWalt drill/driver combos for $129 at one of the stores. It was the better combo than normal and comes out to $50 off. This is it:

https://goo.gl/wVcqhE

Note it is marked at $179. The drill combos weren't at all stores, nor were the other consumables. I asked the tool guy why they were clearing out all that stuff, and he said it was to make room for new merchandise. Sooooo..... it varies from store to store as to what you sill see and what is available.

Had to say something about those combo kits, though. I saw a couple of contractors that had three a piece in their cart so your mileage may vary!

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 22 Mar 2018 08:46:05 -0700 (PDT)
" wrote:

One thing that surprised me was they had DeWalt drill/driver combos
for $129 at one of the stores. It was the better combo than normal
and comes out to $50 off. This is it:

not a bad deal

wonder what the new stuff will improve on

heard that hd do not buy their stock and so dewalt makes less money
but cheaper than sending it back to dewalt

it makes me wonder if the prices will continue to drop until they get it
it all out the door

at less busy stores the prices might keep going lower until it moves

Time to stock up. Chris French UK diy 45 April 12th 16 12:05 AM
laminating cherry stock for a gun stock [email protected] Woodworking 7 June 6th 07 09:59 PM
Online Stock Trading and How the Stock Market Works clean UK diy 0 June 9th 06 12:58 AM
Online Stock Trading and How the Stock Market Works clean Home Repair 0 June 9th 06 12:54 AM