Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Default Need recommendations for pneumatic construction stapler

I do many things, but one of them is I build wooden crates for
machinery. I would like to buy a good "construction stapler" that
shoots 7/16" wide staples, to attach OSB to 2x4s.

Would anyone recommend a stapler that is well made. I heard many
comments that these staplers cheapened out and simply do not last.

Thanks a ;lot

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On 3/7/2018 8:27 PM, Ignoramus20263 wrote:
I do many things, but one of them is I build wooden crates for
machinery. I would like to buy a good "construction stapler" that
shoots 7/16" wide staples, to attach OSB to 2x4s.

Would anyone recommend a stapler that is well made. I heard many
comments that these staplers cheapened out and simply do not last.

Thanks a ;lot

Â* I like the Porter-Cable nail guns I have , also like my H-F framing
nailer - but it's heavy . I don't recall the brand of staplers we used
in the cabinet shops , but they all seemed pretty much the same . As Dan
said , sometimes suppliers will give you guns , but I doubt you'll be
using the kind of volume they want for that .

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On 3/7/2018 8:27 PM, Ignoramus20263 wrote:
I do many things, but one of them is I build wooden crates for
machinery. I would like to buy a good "construction stapler" that
shoots 7/16" wide staples, to attach OSB to 2x4s.

Would anyone recommend a stapler that is well made. I heard many
comments that these staplers cheapened out and simply do not last.

Thanks a ;lot

Well none will break the bank if the fail but if you need something
that will last and be rebuildable I would go with the brands that have
been making pneumatic guns for years on end.

A little extra money might yield an easier to use gun and a more
comfortable to use gun.

I would suggest, in no certain order, Bostitch, Hitachi, Senco.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Ignoramus20263 wrote:
I do many things, but one of them is I build wooden crates
for
machinery. I would like to buy a good "construction
stapler" that
shoots 7/16" wide staples, to attach OSB to 2x4s.

Would anyone recommend a stapler that is well made. I
heard many
comments that these staplers cheapened out and simply do
not last.

Thanks a ;lot

Find a old Senco M11. I've had one for 40 yrs

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Senco-Model...AOSwcFFang8 P

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 12:52:27 AM UTC-5, ChairMan wrote:
Ignoramus20263 wrote:
I do many things, but one of them is I build wooden crates
for
machinery. I would like to buy a good "construction
stapler" that
shoots 7/16" wide staples, to attach OSB to 2x4s.

Would anyone recommend a stapler that is well made. I
heard many
comments that these staplers cheapened out and simply do
not last.

Thanks a ;lot

Find a old Senco M11. I've had one for 40 yrs

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Senco-Model...AOSwcFFang8 P

Other than longevity, how does it compare to more modern staplers? Features, weight, ease of

Posted to rec.woodworking

Ignoramus20263 wrote:
I do many things, but one of them is I build wooden crates
for
machinery. I would like to buy a good "construction
stapler" that
shoots 7/16" wide staples, to attach OSB to 2x4s.

Would anyone recommend a stapler that is well made. I
heard many
comments that these staplers cheapened out and simply do
not last.

Thanks a ;lot

Find a old Senco M11. I've had one for 40 yrs

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Senco-Model...AOSwcFFang8 P

Other than longevity, how does it compare to more modern staplers?
Features, weight, ease of

Generally speaking, I have a Secno SFN1 finish nailer. It is about 29
years old and has been rebuilt, inexpensively, two times so it is not
obsolete.
I have a total of 6 guns every one is a different brand and each is not a
duplicate in function

The Senco is the oldest and IMHO feels and handles the best of all. It is
simple and mostly toolless and oilless. It looks and feels like a
finished product designed to do exactly what a finish nailer is designed to
do. None of my other guns look like it in design.

My HF stapler, Craftsman brad nailer look and feel like they came from the
same factory. My Greg pin nailer is probably my next favorite fit, finish,
feel, and balance. My Bostitch framing nailer is well built and similar to
the Senco in being unique in design but is a locomotive, big and bulky.
But it is a framer and was perfect for building fences.

OK I lied, I also have a Senco palm nailer. I bought it before the framing
nail gun used it mostly to hail Simpson joist hangers.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wednesday, 7 March 2018 20:27:56 UTC-6, Ignoramus20263 wrote:
I do many things, but one of them is I build wooden crates for
machinery. I would like to buy a good "construction stapler" that
shoots 7/16" wide staples, to attach OSB to 2x4s.

Would anyone recommend a stapler that is well made. I heard many
comments that these staplers cheapened out and simply do not last.

Thanks a ;lot

If you use this in a production or semi-production environment, I would go another direction. Go to your fastener supplier and see which brands are in the shop the most, and which ones they can get parts for these days. My nail/brad supplier will take apart my guns and replace rings and "soft parts" as needed for no charge as long as I am buying fasteners from them. This can save you a ton in bench fees, etc. when you blow a seal. They will even replace the non-stock seals such as head seals if I will bring them in when I blow a cylinder seal.

The important point of this is that MY fastener guys here in my town (YMMV!) will //only work on the brands they sell for no charge//. With bench fees being $65, and seals being around $10 for a seal kit, it could add up fast if you don't pay attention.

My 0.02 would be Hitachi or Bostitch.

Robert
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/8/2018 2:49 PM, wrote:
[...]

Wow your bench fees are kinda high. IIRC my Senco finish nail gun cost
me $21. to be repaired last year. Location location location I guess.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On Wed, 7 Mar 2018 22:20:32 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 3/7/2018 8:27 PM, Ignoramus20263 wrote:
I do many things, but one of them is I build wooden crates for
machinery. I would like to buy a good "construction stapler" that
shoots 7/16" wide staples, to attach OSB to 2x4s.

Would anyone recommend a stapler that is well made. I heard many
comments that these staplers cheapened out and simply do not last.

Thanks a ;lot

* I like the Porter-Cable nail guns I have , also like my H-F framing
nailer - but it's heavy . I don't recall the brand of staplers we used
in the cabinet shops , but they all seemed pretty much the same . As Dan
said , sometimes suppliers will give you guns , but I doubt you'll be
using the kind of volume they want for that .

Not only are the HF framing nailers heavy but they're huge (at least
mine is). It's really hard to maneuver it around and impossible to
get into many places. I used it once, then went out and bought a
Hitachi.

My PC brad, finish, and narrow crown staplers work fine, though.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

Â* I originally bought that nailer to build a fence . That job paid for
it , the rest is gravy - That nail gun has pretty much built this house
we're living in . Framing , sheathing , roof decking , the floor , all
nailed with that gun . I found very few situations that I couldn't use it .

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

A framing nailer to build a fence?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On 3/8/2018 9:10 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 20:56:11 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Â* Yup , 6' cedar dogear nailed to treated 2X4's . That was a unique
fence , we used steel posts and covered both sides with rough cut cedar
.. T'was a mighty fine looking fence when I finished it .

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On 3/7/18 8:27 PM, Ignoramus20263 wrote:
I do many things, but one of them is I build wooden crates for
machinery. I would like to buy a good "construction stapler" that
shoots 7/16" wide staples, to attach OSB to 2x4s.

Would anyone recommend a stapler that is well made. I heard many
comments that these staplers cheapened out and simply do not last.

Thanks a ;lot

I'm late top the party, but I recently bought DeWalt pneumatic stapler
(DWFP1838?) and couldn't be more pleased with it. It's pretty light but
powerful.

I had a job where I was making a bunch of plywood cases and shot
500-1000 staples over the course of a couple days. Not a single misfire
or jam.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 12:52:27 AM UTC-5, ChairMan
wrote:
Ignoramus20263
wrote:
I do many things, but one of them is I build wooden
crates
for
machinery. I would like to buy a good "construction
stapler" that
shoots 7/16" wide staples, to attach OSB to 2x4s.

Would anyone recommend a stapler that is well made. I
heard many
comments that these staplers cheapened out and simply do
not last.

Thanks a ;lot

Find a old Senco M11. I've had one for 40 yrs

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Senco-Model...AOSwcFFang8 P

Other than longevity, how does it compare to more modern
staplers?
Features, weight, ease of loading, etc?

Can't really tell ya how it stacks up to new ones, I haven't
tried any. Easy loading, weight not to bad and is a beast
that keeps going. I don't use it as much as I use to and
I've rebuilt it once. My roofer buddy gave it to me years
ago. For a wide staple gun and not a nail gun, it works
great and for this particular application would be perfect.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 3:27:57 PM UTC-6, Leon wrote:

Wow your bench fees are kinda high. IIRC my Senco finish nail gun cost
me $21. to be repaired last year. Location location location I guess.

Could be. Texas Tool, Southwest Fastener and Brannon's don't want general public business. I have talked to many a butt hurt hobbyist that takes in their ancient gun that has been out of production for decades and is ****ed off because the fastener guys don't want to even take a look. They know that if they take off the head to replace the cylinder seals most likely the head seals will start to leak. I have two guns that do this now, BTW. So for them, too much hassle.

If I buy enough nails, they will waive the bench fee. And like I said, if it is soft parts, there is no charge for installation and even for parts. BUT, they don't want a hobby guy that buys one box of nails or brads every couple of years to do anything more than that. The fastener companies around here are built on volume.

So much so, that Brannon's, one of the oldest fastener supply companies in Texas is here, and if they didn't sell you the gun, they won't work on it!

Gotta be good to be independent.

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
[...]

Obviously where you are going nail sales are much more profitable than
rebuilding guns. And when they do rebuild a gun they only want to work on
ones that they sell and have parts for. Totally understand that strategy.

Decades ago in Houston The new car dealers service departments would put
vehicles from other dealers behind in line to those that bought the vehicle
from their dealership. These days there are so many dealerships and
competition the dealers do not care where you bought the vehicle, you are
treated the same.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On 3/8/2018 9:10 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 20:56:11 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Yes! You do have to shoot nails to attach 2x4 to 4x4 posts.

What would you be thinking?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On 3/9/2018 8:48 AM, Leon wrote:
On 3/8/2018 9:10 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 20:56:11 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

wrote:

On 3/7/2018 8:27 PM, Ignoramus20263 wrote:
I do many things, but one of them is I build wooden crates for
machinery. I would like to buy a good "construction stapler" that
shoots 7/16" wide staples, to attach OSB to 2x4s.

Would anyone recommend a stapler that is well made. I heard many
comments that these staplers cheapened out and simply do not last.

Thanks a ;lot

Â* Â* I like the Porter-Cable nail guns I have , also like my H-F
framing
nailer - but it's heavy . I don't recall the brand of staplers we
used
in the cabinet shops , but they all seemed pretty much the same .
As Dan
said , sometimes suppliers will give you guns , but I doubt you'll be
using the kind of volume they want for that .
Not only are the HF framing nailers heavy but they're huge (at least
mine is).Â* It's really hard to maneuver it around and impossible to
get into many places.Â* I used it once, then went out and bought a
Hitachi.

My PC brad, finish, and narrow crown staplers work fine, though.

Â*Â* I originally bought that nailer to build a fence . That job paid for
it , the rest is gravy - That nail gun has pretty much built this house
we're living in . Framing , sheathing , roof decking , the floor , all
nailed with that gun . I found very few situations that I couldn't
use it .

A framing nailer to build a fence?

Yes!Â*Â*Â* You do have to shoot nails to attach 2x4 to 4x4 posts.

What would you be thinking?

This gun also shoots smaller nails - I used 8d to do the wall sheathing
, floor , and roof decking .

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Friday, March 9, 2018 at 9:34:21 AM UTC-6, Terry Coombs wrote:

This gun also shoots smaller nails - I used 8d to do the wall sheathing
, floor , and roof decking .

When I only had a couple of guns, my old Bostitch framer had to do pretty much everything. It shot nails as small as 6d so I could use it to install the fence pickets as well. Cedar cross pieces were usually 1 5/8" to nearly 2" thick, and pickets were a solid 3/4".

Now, the materials are different, and the pickets are frequently 1/2" to 5/8" where commonly available. I can still get 1" pickets, but they are stupid expensive to me for that extra 1/8" and don't seem to hold up any better than their skinny counterparts. And we all use pressure treated cross pieces and frame components that shrink down to as small as 1 3/8" in some cases after drying.

Robert
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 21:26:40 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 3/8/2018 9:10 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 20:56:11 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Sounds like huge overkill. I have a siding/fencing nailer for such
and use stainless ringshank nails. Are ringshanks available for
framing nailers?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On Fri, 9 Mar 2018 08:48:11 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 3/8/2018 9:10 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 20:56:11 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Screws/lags for rails to posts. Ringshank siding/fencing nails for
slats to rails.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On 3/9/2018 6:27 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 21:26:40 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 3/8/2018 9:10 PM,
wrote:
On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 20:56:11 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Well steel posts do not rot like cedar and treated do in clay soil along
the gulf coast. And 2x4 and 6" pickets is standard fare here also.

Yes, I shoot ring shank galvanized nails out of my framing nailer.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

wrote:
On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 20:56:11 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I at one time used deck screws to attach rails to the posts but that was
when I was using a hammer for everything. A friend and I probably
removed and build 20 fences way back when and his framing nailer cut the
work time by 1/2 to 2/3's. This was 3 rail fences Plus a rot board at
the bottom. I will never build another fence with out a rot board. It
is huge time saver and keeps every thing level, providing the rot board
is level. One of us could put 6 nails into a picket almost as fast as
the other one of us could position the next picket and insure it was
plum. Neither of us were ever really waiting on the other to complete
our task.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Friday, March 9, 2018 at 8:56:07 AM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
wrote:
[...]

A few years ago I needed a new snowblower. (Google it if you don't know what those are ;-) )

I wanted an Ariens, which can be bought at HD or at independents for the same price, since
Ariens sets the price. I was talking to the guy at one of the independents and he said "We do
the warranty work for HD. Besides the extra time to get the machine from them and back to
them, which machines do you think we work on first, our customer's or their's?"

I bought it from the indy.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On Fri, 9 Mar 2018 19:09:38 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 3/9/2018 6:27 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 21:26:40 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 3/8/2018 9:10 PM,
wrote:
On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 20:56:11 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I generally try not to shoot nails into steel posts. ;-)

Yes, I shoot ring shank galvanized nails out of my framing nailer.

I've never seen them.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

wrote:
On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 20:56:11 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

What's a "rot board"? Just a spacer to keep the picket off the
ground?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

wrote:
On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 21:26:40 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 3/8/2018 9:10 PM,
wrote:
On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 20:56:11 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Â* Ring shanks are pretty common in collated nails ... just because you
haven't seen them doesn't mean squat . As far as shooting nails into
steel , it's actually pretty common . Not with a pneumatic unit of
course , for that I use a powder actuated tool .

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

wrote:
On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 21:26:40 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 3/8/2018 9:10 PM,
wrote:
On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 20:56:11 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Collated nails, sure, I use them in my siding/fencing nailer. But for
a framing nailer?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On 3/9/2018 6:27 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 21:26:40 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 3/8/2018 9:10 PM,
wrote:
On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 20:56:11 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Â* I built what the customer wanted . He's payin' for it , I'm doing
what he wants - within reason and the law . I also rebuilt his deck ,
and did a lot of other small jobs for him . Had several customers in
that circle of friends , and they all lived in that same general
neighborhood . A handyman that has multiple skills can pretty much write
his own ticket in some places . North Midtown Memphis is one of them .
Word gets out and a guy can make a decent living doing home repairs .

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On 3/9/2018 10:09 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 9 Mar 2018 22:03:40 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

wrote:
On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 21:26:40 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 3/8/2018 9:10 PM,
wrote:
On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 20:56:11 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Just what kind of nails were you expecting ? These are full round head
nails and come in 21° strips held together with a plastic material .
Others are 30° clip heads and held together in a strip with strips of
paper . The ones for my P-C finish nailers are a straight strip held
together with some kind of glue . What are you calling collated nails ,
coils held with wire ?

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/9/18 10:09 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 9 Mar 2018 22:03:40 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

wrote:
On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 21:26:40 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 3/8/2018 9:10 PM,
wrote:
On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 20:56:11 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I have 2 or 3 sizes in my collection.
Have you ever googled anything? :-p

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

wrote:
On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 21:26:40 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 3/8/2018 9:10 PM,
wrote:
On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 20:56:11 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Yeah! but steel posts rarely have to be replaced. Not so with wood
posts "down here". If the pickets are about toast, the posts will not
generally last much longer. It is a bad idea to replace only pickets
and rails even if the posts seem sound. The posts poop out 3~5 years
later. ;~(

Yes, I shoot ring shank galvanized nails out of my framing nailer.

I've never seen them.

IIRC I have to buy from a trades store.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

wrote:
On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 20:56:11 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Pretty much, I use a 5/4 treated deck board. If it rots it is much
easier and less expensive to replace than 16+ pickets.

I place the rot board on the ground, level, and attach to the front face
of the post. Then the bottom 2x4 rail directly behind between the posts
and 2.5" above the rot board. The rail's bottom is 1" below the top of
the rot board. I put a nail or two through the face of the rot board
into the bottom 2x4 rail to keep them from separating should one want to
bow.
Then a mid 2x4 rail between the posts and a top 2x4 rail on top of the
posts. Pickets stand on the top edge of the rot board.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
[...]

Yeah, yeah, yeah, we call them "Lawn Mowers" down here. :~)

I wanted an Ariens, which can be bought at HD or at independents for the same price, since
Ariens sets the price. I was talking to the guy at one of the independents and he said "We do
the warranty work for HD. Besides the extra time to get the machine from them and back to
them, which machines do you think we work on first, our customer's or their's?"

I bought it from the indy.

I prefer buying from the servicer.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On 3/10/2018 8:56 AM, Leon wrote:
On 3/9/2018 10:09 PM, wrote:
Snip

Well steel posts do not rot like cedar and treated do in clay soil
along
the gulf coast.Â* And 2x4 and 6" pickets is standard fare here also.
I generally try not to shoot nails into steel posts.Â* ;-)

Yes, I shoot ring shank galvanized nails out of my framing nailer.
I've never seen them.

Â*Â* Ring shanks are pretty common in collated nails ... just because you
haven't seen them doesn't mean squat . As far as shooting nails into
steel , it's actually pretty common . Not with a pneumatic unit of
course , for that I use a powder actuated tool .

Collated nails, sure, I use them in my siding/fencing nailer. But for
a framing nailer?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

Â* That's the same type nails my gun uses . A lot of people don't like
the weight of the HF gun , but in many cases that added weight is an
asset . I've used a lot of guns over the years , and find that the
reduced felt recoil is a benefit - to me . Spend a day in a commercial
cabinet shop shooting boxes together with 16ga 1/2" crown staples .
You'll soon find yourself reaching for the heavier gun ...

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On Fri, 9 Mar 2018 22:24:23 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 3/9/2018 10:09 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 9 Mar 2018 22:03:40 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

wrote:
On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 21:26:40 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 3/8/2018 9:10 PM,
wrote:
On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 20:56:11 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Yes, or plastic. I've never seen ringshank sticks for framing
nailers.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 9 Mar 2018 22:30:41 -0600, -MIKE-
wrote:

On 3/9/18 10:09 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 9 Mar 2018 22:03:40 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

wrote:
On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 21:26:40 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 3/8/2018 9:10 PM,
wrote:
On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 20:56:11 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I _never_ use Google for anything, no. ;-) I generally only search
for things I'm looking to buy. I've never seen them when perusing the
Borg, though.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On Fri, 9 Mar 2018 22:14:52 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 3/9/2018 6:27 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 21:26:40 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 3/8/2018 9:10 PM,
wrote:
On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 20:56:11 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I have no doubt about that. It's certainly not unique to TN. It's
probably pretty universal, at least in places where there is an active
economy.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On 3/10/2018 10:05 AM, wrote:
On Fri, 9 Mar 2018 22:24:23 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 3/9/2018 10:09 PM,
wrote:
On Fri, 9 Mar 2018 22:03:40 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

wrote:
On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 21:26:40 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 3/8/2018 9:10 PM,
wrote:
On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 20:56:11 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Â* Likely because you've never looked .

--