DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Craftsman 12 inch Radial Arm Saw (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/604070-craftsman-12-inch-radial-arm-saw.html)

[email protected] January 24th 18 06:27 AM

Craftsman 12 inch Radial Arm Saw

Hey guys I have a Craftsman 12 inch radial arm saw "vintage" great condition I'm selling it.. who wants it.. make me a good offer... You guys know what there worth so please no low balling.. lol. Or what's a good price to SL for it. I'm a girl so I know nothing of these things.. can anyone help me out
Thanks a Bunch.... amber

-MIKE- January 24th 18 06:39 AM

On 1/24/18 12:27 AM, wrote:
Hey guys I have a Craftsman 12 inch radial arm saw "vintage" great
condition I'm selling it.. who wants it.. make me a good offer... You
guys know what there worth so please no low balling.. lol. Or what's
a good price to SL for it. I'm a girl so I know nothing of these
things.. can anyone help me out Thanks a Bunch.... amber

I got mine for $35, so that's what it's worth.
And if it doesn't qualify for the recall, then it's worth even less.
So good luck with that "low balling" thing.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

[email protected] January 24th 18 06:58 AM

Craftsman 12 inch Radial Arm Saw

You know it's funny how everyone of these discussion groups has a lame ass fool who always wants to comment some rude ass unnessassary ass ****... Hawhaw get a life bro

Puckdropper January 24th 18 09:20 AM

Craftsman 12 inch Radial Arm Saw

wrote in
:

You know it's funny how everyone of these discussion groups has a lame
ass fool who always wants to comment some rude ass unnessassary ass
****... Hawhaw get a life bro

Huh? -MIKE- is a long time poster here and well respected.

You asked for "a good price to SL for it" and he just told you he paid $35
for his.

He also told you about a recall kit for saws like yours, perhaps you should
check that out?

Puckdropper

[email protected] January 24th 18 09:49 AM

Craftsman 12 inch Radial Arm Saw

On Wednesday, January 24, 2018 at 4:20:40 AM UTC-5, Puckdropper wrote:
wrote in
:

You know it's funny how everyone of these discussion groups has a lame
ass fool who always wants to comment some rude ass unnessassary ass
****... Hawhaw get a life bro

Huh? -MIKE- is a long time poster here and well respected.

You asked for "a good price to SL for it" and he just told you he paid $35
for his.

He also told you about a recall kit for saws like yours, perhaps you should
check that out?

Puckdropper

Pretty sure that 12 inch does not qualify for any recall...

Leon[_5_] January 24th 18 02:59 PM

wrote:
Hey guys I have a Craftsman 12 inch radial arm saw "vintage" great
condition I'm selling it.. who wants it.. make me a good offer... You
guys know what there worth so please no low balling.. lol. Or what's a
good price to SL for it. I'm a girl so I know nothing of these things..
can anyone help me out
Thanks a Bunch.... amber

I don't know whether to take you seriously or not. I hate it when women
play the girl card. # me 2 from a mans point of view. Women want to be
respected and taken seriously but play this card to get a man to do the
work for them. You sound like you know enough to do the research. Show
some pride.

-MIKE- January 24th 18 03:22 PM

On 1/24/18 12:58 AM, wrote:
You know it's funny how everyone of these discussion groups has a
lame ass fool who always wants to comment some rude ass unnessassary
ass ****... Hawhaw get a life bro

Sorry you get so offended by truthful information and find it so
"unnessassary."

About the only thing that was keeping any decent value on those at all
was the chance at getting a new table and guard from the recall.
However, since (as another poster pointed out) yours doesn't qualify,
that lowers its value even more.

There are way too many of them around with very few people actually
wanting them.
Basic economics: high supply+low demand=low value.

Will you find some sucker who doesn't know this and will pay a lot for
it? Anything's possible.
Will you find them in here? Highly improbably.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Markem[_2_] January 24th 18 03:47 PM

Craftsman 12 inch Radial Arm Saw

Markem[_2_] January 24th 18 03:51 PM

wrote:

You know it's funny how everyone of these discussion groups has a lame ass fool who always wants to comment some rude ass unnessassary ass ****... Hawhaw get a life bro

We are not your research department, as to what your radial saw is
worth it is worth what someone will pay. Not a real great idea to put
your phone number on the net either. Now wander off the Craiglist and
pay for FS ad there.

Larry Kraus[_2_] January 24th 18 06:08 PM

On 1/24/2018 1:39 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 1/24/18 12:27 AM, wrote:
Hey guys I have a Craftsman 12 inch radial arm saw "vintage" great
condition I'm selling it.. who wants it.. make me a good offer... You
guys know what there worth so please no low balling.. lol. Or what's
a good price to SL for it. I'm a girl so I know nothing of these
things.. can anyone help me out Thanks a Bunch.... amber

I got mine for $35, so that's what it's worth.
And if it doesn't qualify for the recall, then it's worth even less.
So good luck with that "low balling" thing.

The recalls were on the 10" homeowner saws, not the 12".
A 12" blade would have put it in their Commercial or Industrial lines.
For a time Sears sold a re-branded Dewalt 7790, which is a very solid
12" saw that could easily be worth $250+.

Unquestionably Confused[_4_] January 24th 18 06:16 PM

On 1/24/2018 12:27 AM, wrote:
Hey guys I have a Craftsman 12 inch radial arm saw "vintage" great condition I'm selling it.. who wants it.. make me a good offer... You guys know what there worth so please no low balling.. lol. Or what's a good price to SL for it. I'm a girl so I know nothing of these things.. can anyone help me out
Thanks a Bunch.... amber

As others have pointed out most Craftsman RAS are worth way less than
the $100 offer from Emerson for the motor under that recall.

I have a vintage 10" covered by the recall and although it is a good,
accurate and solid saw with which I've tackled many projects over the
years. It's time has come as I have a nice 10" cabinet saw and 12" SCMS
in my shop and need the room.

I would like to keep the saw but I haven't the room for it. I've
considered selling it and watched prices on used RAS's for probably 5
years or better. The only thing that makes sense (practical or
economic) sense to me is to ship off the motor and collect $100. I
figure that by doing the bit of work to remove it and taking the $100
offered, I will be about $150 ahead of the game vs. screwing around
trying to sell it and loading it up into somebody's truck or car.

Not to mention the fact that I can probably get some $$ by dropping the
rest of the saw off at the local metal scrapper.

Scott Lurndal January 24th 18 07:02 PM

Larry Kraus writes:
On 1/24/2018 1:39 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 1/24/18 12:27 AM, wrote:
Hey guys I have a Craftsman 12 inch radial arm saw "vintage" great
condition I'm selling it.. who wants it.. make me a good offer... You
guys know what there worth so please no low balling.. lol. Or what's
a good price to SL for it. I'm a girl so I know nothing of these
things.. can anyone help me out Thanks a Bunch.... amber

I got mine for $35, so that's what it's worth.
And if it doesn't qualify for the recall, then it's worth even less.
So good luck with that "low balling" thing.

The recalls were on the 10" homeowner saws, not the 12".
A 12" blade would have put it in their Commercial or Industrial lines.
For a time Sears sold a re-branded Dewalt 7790, which is a very solid
12" saw that could easily be worth $250+.

Ah, someone actually read the OP...

-MIKE- January 25th 18 01:24 AM

On 1/24/18 1:02 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Larry Kraus writes:
On 1/24/2018 1:39 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 1/24/18 12:27 AM, wrote:
Hey guys I have a Craftsman 12 inch radial arm saw "vintage" great
condition I'm selling it.. who wants it.. make me a good offer... You
guys know what there worth so please no low balling.. lol. Or what's
a good price to SL for it. I'm a girl so I know nothing of these
things.. can anyone help me out Thanks a Bunch.... amber

I got mine for $35, so that's what it's worth.
And if it doesn't qualify for the recall, then it's worth even less.
So good luck with that "low balling" thing.

The recalls were on the 10" homeowner saws, not the 12".
A 12" blade would have put it in their Commercial or Industrial lines.
For a time Sears sold a re-branded Dewalt 7790, which is a very solid
12" saw that could easily be worth $250+.

Ah, someone actually read the OP...

I read it, too. Doesn't really change what i wrote.
I don't buy that it could easy be worth $250, even if it's a 12.
Especially if it's old.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)