Posted to rec.woodworking

Default What is it ? olden curiosity ..

.. someone suggested it was a sex toy .. ouch !

https://imgur.com/a/67YlT

John T.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Friday, January 19, 2018 at 11:44:35 AM UTC-5, wrote:
.. someone suggested it was a sex toy .. ouch !

https://imgur.com/a/67YlT

John T.

Did you buy it at the auction?

Let us know how it works out. ;-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/19/2018 12:19 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Friday, January 19, 2018 at 11:44:35 AM UTC-5, wrote:
.. someone suggested it was a sex toy .. ouch !

https://imgur.com/a/67YlT

John T.

Did you buy it at the auction?

Let us know how it works out. ;-)

With the dog and the notched on the one wheel it looks like it is
designed to stretch something. With the "Y" shaped ends on the large
wheel, it looks like they are to wind something on, some something in
the manufacture of thread? Or some kind of mini winch system, for
curtains or blinds?

--
2017: The year we learn to play the great game of Euchre
Posted to rec.woodworking

.. someone suggested it was a sex toy .. ouch !
https://imgur.com/a/67YlT
John T.

Did you buy it at the auction?
Let us know how it works out. ;-)

The auction sale is tomorrow.
I doubt that I'll be buying anything, but I might go -
- just to find out what this thing is ..
John T.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
.. someone suggested it was a sex toy .. ouch !

https://imgur.com/a/67YlT

John T.

They mention a corn sheller. Can't see how it would work as that,
though. Agree it looks like a cord winder.

--
G Ross

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Friday, January 19, 2018 at 10:44:35 AM UTC-6, wrote:
.. someone suggested it was a sex toy .. ouch !

https://imgur.com/a/67YlT

John T.

Might be close to a sexy toy, depending on your leanings.

Pinterest has a similar pic of the sprocket, states it's related to a dairy farm tool. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/496592296384607638

I had Googled "antique farm sprocket tool".

Another Pinterest image, states it's a cistern pump sprocket, pulley.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/426153183473852990/

Another cistern sprocket: https://picclick.com/Antique-Vintage...060942778.html

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Friday, January 19, 2018 at 1:56:11 PM UTC-6, Sonny wrote:
On Friday, January 19, 2018 at 10:44:35 AM UTC-6, wrote:
.. someone suggested it was a sex toy .. ouch !

https://imgur.com/a/67YlT

John T.

Might be close to a sexy toy, depending on your leanings.

Pinterest has a similar pic of the sprocket, states it's related to a dairy farm tool. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/496592296384607638

I had Googled "antique farm sprocket tool".

Another Pinterest image, states it's a cistern pump sprocket, pulley.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/426153183473852990/

Another cistern sprocket: https://picclick.com/Antique-Vintage...060942778.html

Sonny

How about this: https://www.lehmans.com/product/repl...em-water-pump/

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

.. someone suggested it was a sex toy .. ouch !
https://imgur.com/a/67YlT
John T.

Pinterest has a similar pic of the sprocket, states it's related to a dairy farm tool. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/496592296384607638
I had Googled "antique farm sprocket tool".
Another Pinterest image, states it's a cistern pump sprocket, pulley.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/426153183473852990/
Another cistern sprocket: https://picclick.com/Antique-Vintage...060942778.html
Sonny
How about this: https://www.lehmans.com/product/repl...em-water-pump/

Sonny

Hurray !
I think you got it - chain pump - Thanks !
I've never heard of one, though ..

https://www.lehmans.com/product/cinc...em-chain-pump/

John T.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/19/2018 11:45 AM, wrote:
.. someone suggested it was a sex toy .. ouch !

https://imgur.com/a/67YlT

John T.

No, not sex. It was a cleaning tool before the invention of toilet
tissue.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Friday, January 19, 2018 at 3:10:18 PM UTC-6, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/19/2018 11:45 AM, wrote:
.. someone suggested it was a sex toy .. ouch !

https://imgur.com/a/67YlT

John T.

No, not sex. It was a cleaning tool before the invention of toilet
tissue.

Or a medieval torture apparatus, for stretching scrotums.

Sonny

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/19/2018 3:10 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/19/2018 11:45 AM, wrote:
Â*Â* .. someone suggested it was a sex toy ..Â*Â* ouch !

https://imgur.com/a/67YlT

Â*Â*Â* John T.

No, not sex.Â* It was a cleaning tool before the invention of toilet tissue.

You think that thing is older than the old Sears & Robuck catalogs? ;~)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/19/2018 11:45 AM, wrote:
.. someone suggested it was a sex toy .. ouch !

https://imgur.com/a/67YlT

John T.

No, not sex. It was a cleaning tool before the invention of toilet
tissue.

Or a medieval torture apparatus, for stretching scrotums.

Sonny

Like I said, a sex toy.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 19 Jan 2018 11:45:49 -0500, wrote:

.. someone suggested it was a sex toy .. ouch !

https://imgur.com/a/67YlT

John T.

No idea but got a rachet do you do not drop what ever.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 19 Jan 2018 15:45:14 -0500, wrote:

Hurray !
I think you got it - chain pump - Thanks !
I've never heard of one, though ..

https://www.lehmans.com/product/cinc...em-chain-pump/

My guess is some farmers chain pump did not work, so he recycled it.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/19/2018 11:45 AM, wrote:
.. someone suggested it was a sex toy .. ouch !

https://imgur.com/a/67YlT

John T.

No, not sex. It was a cleaning tool before the invention of toilet
tissue.

Or a medieval torture apparatus, for stretching scrotums.

Or perhaps scratching.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
.. someone suggested it was a sex toy .. ouch !

https://imgur.com/a/67YlT

John T.

No, not sex. It was a cleaning tool before the invention of toilet
tissue.

Or a medieval torture apparatus, for stretching scrotums.

Or perhaps scratching.

To quote DerbyDad03:
Like I said, a sex toy.

Puckdropper