DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   My 30 Second Thin Strip Cutting Jig (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/603095-my-30-second-thin-strip-cutting-jig.html)

DerbyDad03 January 7th 18 06:45 PM

My 30 Second Thin Strip Cutting Jig

In this video, they explain how to make a thin strip cutting jig in
about 30 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yR9gZHPluo

After watching it, I made one in about 30 seconds.

https://i.imgur.com/dptVSlV.jpg

A quick sanding of the dumb end of my feather board and I was done.

Unquestionably Confused[_4_] January 7th 18 07:26 PM

On 1/7/2018 12:45 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
In this video, they explain how to make a thin strip cutting jig in
about 30 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yR9gZHPluo

After watching it, I made one in about 30 seconds.

https://i.imgur.com/dptVSlV.jpg

A quick sanding of the dumb end of my feather board and I was done.

Very good, but with the dumb end already rounded, is it really necessary
to put a point on it? Without touching the dumb end, you'll wind up
with minimal contact with the work piece regardless.

DerbyDad03 January 7th 18 07:30 PM

On Sunday, January 7, 2018 at 2:26:13 PM UTC-5, Unquestionably Confused wrote:
On 1/7/2018 12:45 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
In this video, they explain how to make a thin strip cutting jig in
about 30 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yR9gZHPluo

After watching it, I made one in about 30 seconds.

https://i.imgur.com/dptVSlV.jpg

A quick sanding of the dumb end of my feather board and I was done.

Very good, but with the dumb end already rounded, is it really necessary
to put a point on it? Without touching the dumb end, you'll wind up
with minimal contact with the work piece regardless.

I felt more drag than I wanted with the rounded end. The point seems smoother. Maybe
it's just my imagination or perhaps the original positioning.

Besides, I got to use the combo bench sander that the kids got me for Christmas. ;-)

Leon[_7_] January 7th 18 08:12 PM

My 30 Second Thin Strip Cutting Jig

On 1/7/2018 12:45 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
In this video, they explain how to make a thin strip cutting jig in
about 30 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yR9gZHPluo

After watching it, I made one in about 30 seconds.

https://i.imgur.com/dptVSlV.jpg

A quick sanding of the dumb end of my feather board and I was done.

Very good! Kinda like how many have make the " Bridge City Tools Kerf
Maker" much simpler.

I have the Rockler thin strip jig, it has a bearing on the end, little
friction at all.

DerbyDad03 January 7th 18 08:26 PM

On Sunday, January 7, 2018 at 3:13:04 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
On 1/7/2018 12:45 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
In this video, they explain how to make a thin strip cutting jig in
about 30 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yR9gZHPluo

After watching it, I made one in about 30 seconds.

https://i.imgur.com/dptVSlV.jpg

A quick sanding of the dumb end of my feather board and I was done.

Very good! Kinda like how many have make the " Bridge City Tools Kerf
Maker" much simpler.

I have the Rockler thin strip jig, it has a bearing on the end, little
friction at all.

Ok, I added a bearing to the end of the jig. Not sure how it will help
though. ;-)

https://i.imgur.com/OJbJRfr.jpg

Unquestionably Confused[_4_] January 7th 18 09:10 PM

On 1/7/2018 2:26 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Sunday, January 7, 2018 at 3:13:04 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
On 1/7/2018 12:45 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
In this video, they explain how to make a thin strip cutting jig in
about 30 minutes.

[snip]
I have the Rockler thin strip jig, it has a bearing on the end, little
friction at all.

Ok, I added a bearing to the end of the jig. Not sure how it will help
though. ;-)

https://i.imgur.com/OJbJRfr.jpg

I believe that what we have here, Luke, is a failure to communicate! ;)

Leon[_7_] January 7th 18 11:40 PM

My 30 Second Thin Strip Cutting Jig

On 1/7/2018 2:26 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Sunday, January 7, 2018 at 3:13:04 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
On 1/7/2018 12:45 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
In this video, they explain how to make a thin strip cutting jig in
about 30 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yR9gZHPluo

After watching it, I made one in about 30 seconds.

https://i.imgur.com/dptVSlV.jpg

A quick sanding of the dumb end of my feather board and I was done.

Very good! Kinda like how many have make the " Bridge City Tools Kerf
Maker" much simpler.

I have the Rockler thin strip jig, it has a bearing on the end, little
friction at all.

Ok, I added a bearing to the end of the jig. Not sure how it will help
though. ;-)

https://i.imgur.com/OJbJRfr.jpg

LOL/..Ummm it is spoze to be tuch'n the wood.