Posted to rec.woodworking

Default What is it? (Amateur version Post #17)

Here is another post in my amateur What is it? tool thread. As usual, I will try to answer questions about their composition, size and how they can move. Pictures are provided via Dropbox.
L. Flynn

POST17_TOOL65. This wooden and metal tool is 7 inches long. A 1¼ inch diameter wheel is attached to one end. The wheel can rotate freely and its rim is ridged. I have hidden the manufacturers name and city but will give them as hints if the tool is not identified without them.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bvgq890cyp...CALLH.jpg?dl=0

POST17_TOOL66. This wooden and metal tool is 9 inches long. The business end is 2½ inches wide and ends in six sharp 1-inch metal spikes. The tips of some of the spikes have broken. There is a manufacturers name and model number stamped into the metal. I have hidden them but will give them as hints if the tool is not identified without them.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/06hz81f1a1...CALLH.jpg?dl=0

POST17_TOOL67. This metal tool is in the pliers family. The jaws range from 1½ inches when fully open to ¼ inch fully closed.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wi20et1k2i...ICALL.jpg?dl=0

POST17_TOOL68. This metal and wooden tool is approximately 15 inches long. The metal part is twisted and shaped to form two hearts. The wire is stiff with little flexibility ½-inch displacement with 5 lbs. perpendicular pressure at the top.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0gk8oi3tl...ICALL.jpg?dl=0

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, December 9, 2017 at 8:18:48 PM UTC-6, Larry Flynn wrote:

POST17_TOOL65. Screen spline setter/wheel

POST17_TOOL66. Similar to a (jute) webbing stretcher. Don't know.

POST17_TOOL67. Cockatiel pliers

POST17_TOOL68. Rug beater

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to Larry Flynn, Iggy wrote:
1 - Maybe a Screening Spline Roller, but I've never seen them toothed (not a
sewing delimiter, leather stitch marker, pie crimper or ravioli cutter). 2 -
Maybe a Carpet Weaving or Knitting Comb. 3 - Battery Terminal Pliers. 4 - Rug
Beater.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...17-812882-.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to Larry Flynn, Iggy wrote:
I just remembered what #1 is, it's a Stitch Wheel Roller for interior tire
patches.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...17-812882-.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, December 9, 2017 at 9:18:48 PM UTC-5, Larry Flynn wrote:
[...]

Hints: Briddel No. 60

POST17_TOOL67. This metal tool is in the pliers family. The jaws range from 1½ inches when fully open to ¼ inch fully closed.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wi20et1k2i...ICALL.jpg?dl=0

POST17_TOOL68. This metal and wooden tool is approximately 15 inches long.. The metal part is twisted and shaped to form two hearts. The wire is stiff with little flexibility ½-inch displacement with 5 lbs. perpendicular pressure at the top.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0gk8oi3tl...ICALL.jpg?dl=0

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tuesday, December 12, 2017 at 7:25:02 PM UTC-5, Larry Flynn wrote:
[...]

All but one have been identified.
Tool65 Everhard Tire Patch Stitcher (Can also be used for Leather craft)
Tool66 Brindell No. 60 Ice Shaver Pick
Tool67 Battery Pliers
Tool68 Rug Beater/Cleaner
Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to Larry Flynn, Iggy wrote:
Oh, an Ice Shaver Pick...nice one. Yeah, I didn't know that one nor even guess
close.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...17-812882-.htm