DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   What's this piece of furniture called/worth? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/600241-re-whats-piece-furniture-called-worth.html)

[email protected] November 15th 17 05:12 PM

What's this piece of furniture called/worth?

Ok, I just stumbled across this thread. A little history here from a Salmanson. yes, this piece must date before 1932, when my grandfather and Baumritter parted ways -- My grandfather eventually started a small manufacturing company of unpainted furniture sold under the Salmanson & Co. and Arvin Industry labels. His former partner, as was pointed out, went on to develop what turned into the Ethan Allen company. Bad move Grandpa!

DerbyDad03 November 15th 17 11:48 PM

On Wednesday, November 15, 2017 at 12:12:28 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Ok, I just stumbled across this thread. A little history here from a Salmanson. yes, this piece must date before 1932, when my grandfather and Baumritter parted ways -- My grandfather eventually started a small manufacturing company of unpainted furniture sold under the Salmanson & Co. and Arvin Industry labels. His former partner, as was pointed out, went on to develop what turned into the Ethan Allen company. Bad move Grandpa!

Thanks for the info...unless this is just a convenient way to advertise
your law practice. ;-)

(How exactly did you "stumble" across this thread? This appears to be
your first post, unless you normally post under another name.)

Scott Lurndal November 16th 17 01:25 PM

m wrote:
Ok, I just stumbled across this thread. A little history here from a Salm=

anson. yes, this piece must date before 1932, when my grandfather and Baum=
ritter parted ways -- My grandfather eventually started a small manufacturi=
ng company of unpainted furniture sold under the Salmanson & Co. and Arvin =
Industry labels. His former partner, as was pointed out, went on to develo=
p what turned into the Ethan Allen company. Bad move Grandpa!

Thanks for the info...unless this is just a convenient way to advertise
your law practice. ;-)

(How exactly did you "stumble" across this thread? This appears to be=20
your first post, unless you normally post under another name.)

probably a vanity search.