DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Storing Water Stones in min. spc? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/596919-storing-water-stones-min-spc.html)

Puckdropper[_2_] September 18th 17 04:42 AM

Storing Water Stones in min. spc?

I've got 3 full sized water stones that I'd like to keep in water so
they're always ready. I'm trying to find a container to keep them in so
they don't take up a lot of room on the bench. What do you guys use?

Puckdropper

Michael[_24_] September 18th 17 04:48 AM

On Sunday, September 17, 2017 at 10:41:46 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I've got 3 full sized water stones that I'd like to keep in water so
they're always ready. I'm trying to find a container to keep them in so
they don't take up a lot of room on the bench. What do you guys use?

Puckdropper
A mini archive of some of rec.woodworking's best and worst

Tupperware. Something about this size.
http://shopping.rediff.com/product/t...red4-/19882129

Mike

Leon[_7_] September 18th 17 02:48 PM

On 9/17/2017 10:42 PM, Puckdropper wrote:
I've got 3 full sized water stones that I'd like to keep in water so
they're always ready. I'm trying to find a container to keep them in so
they don't take up a lot of room on the bench. What do you guys use?

Puckdropper

Keep them in side your home to prevent freezing.

Markem[_2_] September 18th 17 03:32 PM

Storing Water Stones in min. spc?

On 18 Sep 2017 03:42:40 GMT, Puckdropper
puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

I've got 3 full sized water stones that I'd like to keep in water so
they're always ready. I'm trying to find a container to keep them in so
they don't take up a lot of room on the bench. What do you guys use?

Puckdropper

Disposable plastic container

Spalted Walt September 18th 17 04:38 PM

Storing Water Stones in min. spc?

Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

I've got 3 full sized water stones that I'd like to keep in water so
they're always ready. I'm trying to find a container to keep them in so
they don't take up a lot of room on the bench. What do you guys use?

Puckdropper

I store mine dry, water would need to be changed frequently to
prevent stagnation. IMO

http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/pag...=1,43072,43071

notbob September 18th 17 05:00 PM

On 2017-09-18, Spalted Walt wrote:

I store mine dry.....

Likewise. I see no reason to store them in water. ;)

nb