DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Jomax, Clorox & Garden Sprayers (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/596138-jomax-clorox-garden-sprayers.html)

Sonny September 1st 17 10:07 PM

Jomax, Clorox & Garden Sprayers

I read the posts while on vacation, but don't recall which posting this topic was on.

Not all garden sprayers can handle Jomax and/or bleach (Clorox). These products are too caustic for the innards of non-compatible sprayers. If your sprayer is not bleach compatible, you need to wash all the parts thoroughly.

I think for most sprayers that can handle bleach products, the labeling, on the box, states it can be used for spraying bleach. I always clean my sprayer of the Clorox/Jomax residue, even if it is compatible.

While in NC visiting my sister, I Jomaxed/bleached her house.....
(Her sprayer wasn't bleach compatible, so I bought one that was.)

..... and weeded flower beds (including digging up small sprouting trees), mowed & weed-eated grass (bought a pedestal grinder & sharpened mowers' blades). Pruned some trees. Didn't have time to clean her gutters, though.

Built shelves in her 12X16 shed, for storage.... decluttered the shed.

In all, made 2 truck-load trips to the trash/recycle facility.

We saw the total eclipse, also.

Hilton Head was a week of relaxing and lots of eating out. The sign, at the pond (near the pool), said not to feed the alligators.... $10K fine. I even went out at night to spot-light them.... they ain't no gators in that pond!! I fed the turtles and bream our leftovers. *Someone said the gators are in the ponds along the golf course.

Sonny

Martin Eastburn September 2nd 17 05:45 AM

Jomax, Clorox & Garden Sprayers

Remember, if you start with bleach - keep going till it is done. The
sprayer will be rusting out the springs and such - but not instantly.
Next day or two it might be gone.

I keep 2 myself. A plastic one for plant killer of some type. The
expensive metal and ceramic covered tank is for plant sprays/oils.

I have had to replace the head in the plastic one once already.
The metal one is 15 years old and keeps on going.

Martin

OFWW[_5_] September 3rd 17 02:59 AM

Jomax, Clorox & Garden Sprayers

On Fri, 1 Sep 2017 14:07:56 -0700 (PDT), Sonny
wrote:

[...]

You have a great heart Sonny.