Posted to rec.woodworking

Default New circular saw

On Wed, 16 Aug 2017 10:13:46 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

I still favor a Skil Worm Drive, but they are not cheap.

Quality seldom is.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 16 Aug 2017 22:23:24 -0400, Bill

On Wed, 16 Aug 2017 17:58:39 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 16 Aug 2017 11:17:55 -0400,
wrote:

I always take the reviews with a big grain of salt -
- the Chevy Vega was MotorTrend Car-Of-The-Year for 1971 -
.. yep I owned one ..
I drove one cross country. It was good on the trip but bunred oil after
that. I guess an 800 mile day is too much for it.

After you bore them out and put in cast iron sleaves and akuminum
postons instead of iron plated pistons in aluminum bores, they
actually were not a BAD engine. If you could keep them from
overheating even the aluminum wasn't bad - but keeping them cool was a
problem

Do all that - then drop the engine into a car that doesn't rot away
in 3 or 4 years ..
then you might have a car-of-the-year candidate !
John T.
Just about any car in the seventies rusted away in 3 or 4 years.

My '74 Rustang II (a Pinto in drag) disappeared and I replaced it with
a '78 Granada that I had for fourteen years before I gave it away. It
looked like a Liberian Tanker but it ran.

"We" had a Granada of comparable vintage: 6-cylinder, about 8 mpg city
(really and truly), no performance. That was when gas was spiking at
about $1.51_9 too!

We had the 250CID straight-six too. Nice engine, though points were a
PITA. It was always in the 30s and raining when I had to change them.
I got about twice the gas mileage you did, probably because I had the
three on the tree.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2017-08-17, Markem wrote:

The rust belt has a few meanings.

None of 'em good.

nb
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2017-08-17, Markem wrote:

The rust belt has a few meanings.

None of 'em good.

I don't know about that. This rust belt looks good to me.

https://xo.lulus.com/images/product/...682_478852.jpg

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tuesday, August 15, 2017 at 5:46:17 AM UTC-5, Dr. Deb wrote:
..
Did a bit of research and the DeWalt 575 was the first or second on everyone's list. It should be in today and we will see if it lives up to its billing.

Not to derail the thread, but how do you like it? It is a pretty popular saw on the job site as it is pretty light weight and seems to have plenty of power. The only gripe I ever hear is that some think it is too big. Never heard a complaint about its performance, though.

Robert