Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Milw. Vintage Orbital Sander

Found this at a garage sale for a dollar. I don't find much on eBay or Google for a value. The model is 6006. Is it worth much?

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/...pstqecwvzq.jpg
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 23, 2017, Bob Villa wrote
(in ):

Found this at a garage sale for a dollar. I don't find much on eBay or Google
for a value. The model is 6006. Is it worth much?

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/...zpstqecwvzq.jp

Bob,

You will get more response if you use a different photo posting site - this
one insists that one disable adblocking. Sorry - no can do - would unleash a
deluge.

Joe Gwinn

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, June 24, 2017 at 10:13:29 AM UTC-5, Joseph Gwinn wrote:
On Jun 23, 2017, Bob Villa wrote
(in ):

Found this at a garage sale for a dollar. I don't find much on eBay or Google
for a value. The model is 6006. Is it worth much?

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/...zpstqecwvzq.jp

Bob,

You will get more response if you use a different photo posting site - this
one insists that one disable adblocking. Sorry - no can do - would unleash a
deluge.

Joe Gwinn

http://preview.tinyurl.com/y8cy82hf
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/24/2017 11:25 AM, Bob Villa wrote:
On Saturday, June 24, 2017 at 10:13:29 AM UTC-5, Joseph Gwinn wrote:
On Jun 23, 2017, Bob Villa wrote
(in ):

Found this at a garage sale for a dollar. I don't find much on eBay or Google
for a value. The model is 6006. Is it worth much?

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/...zpstqecwvzq.jp

Bob,

You will get more response if you use a different photo posting site - this
one insists that one disable adblocking. Sorry - no can do - would unleash a
deluge.

Joe Gwinn

http://preview.tinyurl.com/y8cy82hf

I have used https://postimage.io/ no ads
I won't go to Tinypic or photobucket because of the ads and crap.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, June 24, 2017 at 10:13:29 AM UTC-5, Joseph Gwinn wrote:
On Jun 23, 2017, Bob Villa wrote
(in ):

Found this at a garage sale for a dollar. I don't find much on eBay or Google
for a value. The model is 6006. Is it worth much?

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/...zpstqecwvzq.jp

Bob,

You will get more response if you use a different photo posting site - this
one insists that one disable adblocking. Sorry - no can do - would unleash a
deluge.

Joe Gwinn

https://s23.postimg.org/qobrg6wa3/Milw_Sndr.jpg

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Bob Villa" wrote in message
Found this at a garage sale for a dollar. I don't find much on eBay or
Google for a value. The model is 6006. Is it worth much?

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/...pstqecwvzq.jpg

It is a half sheet finishing sander. I have one made by PorterCable long
ago; it is a most excellent machine. They are occasionally available on
ebay and now sell for around $150 and up which is more than the original
price. If your machine functions in an equivalent manner, it could be worth
the same; trouble is, the PC 505 has a reputation, yours does not AFAIK.
https://www.ebay.com/b/PORTER-CABLE-...594/bn_7835126

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 23 Jun 2017 18:52:04 -0700 (PDT)
Bob Villa wrote:

Found this at a garage sale for a dollar. I don't find much on eBay
or Google for a value. The model is 6006. Is it worth much?

worth is in the eye of the beholder

but really if it works and you can use it then maybe it is the best
deal ever

are you in the business of buying and selling or just trying to appease
a case of buyer remorse

a bad case if you spent only a dollar

Posted to rec.woodworking

Bob Villa wrote:

Found this at a garage sale for a dollar. I don't find much on eBay
or Google for a value. The model is 6006. Is it worth much?

worth is in the eye of the beholder

but really if it works and you can use it then maybe it is the best
deal ever

are you in the business of buying and selling or just trying to appease
a case of buyer remorse

a bad case if you spent only a dollar

The tag said "poor condition $1"...how could there be any remorse? I'll start my own tool museum if nothing else!
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 28 Jun 2017 11:04:09 -0700 (PDT)
Bob Villa wrote:

The tag said "poor condition $1"...how could there be any remorse?
I'll start my own tool museum if nothing else!

that is funny and i wonder if it went unsold and the price made it all the
way down to 1 buck

usually you only put a sign up for poor condition if the price is higher

Posted to rec.woodworking

Bob Villa wrote:

The tag said "poor condition $1"...how could there be any remorse?
I'll start my own tool museum if nothing else!

that is funny and i wonder if it went unsold and the price made it all the
way down to 1 buck

usually you only put a sign up for poor condition if the price is higher

....you're putting too much thought into this. This was a 2-day garage sale and the 1st day. I don't think the old feller wanted to shaft anyone, plain and simple.