DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Planing wood isn't rocket science (or is it?) (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/592378-planing-wood-isnt-rocket-science.html)

Spalted Walt June 23rd 17 03:55 PM

Planing wood isn't rocket science (or is it?)

Friday Folie

https://www.youtube.com/embed/BjnyrpBM3rw?rel=0

(no, you can't have your 10 minutes back)

Bill[_47_] June 23rd 17 04:57 PM

Spalted Walt wrote:
Friday Folie

https://www.youtube.com/embed/BjnyrpBM3rw?rel=0

(no, you can't have your 10 minutes back)

You have to admire his determination..

Jack June 24th 17 03:41 PM

On 6/23/2017 10:55 AM, Spalted Walt wrote:
Friday Folie

https://www.youtube.com/embed/BjnyrpBM3rw?rel=0

(no, you can't have your 10 minutes back)

Neat, but I'll use my Grizz 15" spiral head, segmented blade planer and
leave the Rocket Science to the Chinese...

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com

Leon[_7_] June 24th 17 05:48 PM

On 6/24/2017 9:41 AM, Jack wrote:
On 6/23/2017 10:55 AM, Spalted Walt wrote:
Friday Folie

https://www.youtube.com/embed/BjnyrpBM3rw?rel=0

(no, you can't have your 10 minutes back)

Neat, but I'll use my Grizz 15" spiral head, segmented blade planer and
leave the Rocket Science to the Chinese...

Is that the one you have been using for S I X T Y years? ;~)

Jack June 27th 17 05:18 PM

On 6/24/2017 12:48 PM, Leon wrote:
On 6/24/2017 9:41 AM, Jack wrote:
On 6/23/2017 10:55 AM, Spalted Walt wrote:
Friday Folie

https://www.youtube.com/embed/BjnyrpBM3rw?rel=0

(no, you can't have your 10 minutes back)

Neat, but I'll use my Grizz 15" spiral head, segmented blade planer
and leave the Rocket Science to the Chinese...

Is that the one you have been using for S I X T Y years? ;~)

Most of my stationary tools are over S I X T Y years old, but I've only
owned them for around F O R T Y T W O years. The planer is new, only
about T E N years old.

You're confusing running gas powered equipment for S I X T Y years with
woodworking equipment... A p p l e s...O R A N G E S
--
Jack
http://jbstein.com

Electric Comet June 27th 17 06:08 PM

Planing wood isn't rocket science (or is it?)

On Fri, 23 Jun 2017 14:55:14 +0000
Spalted Walt wrote:

Friday Folie

folly maybe but then again maybe you are trying to invent a new word

folie a full lie contraction

also i think all the cool kids say rocket surgery now

what planing wood is to me

very very loud

Spalted Walt June 27th 17 08:13 PM

comète électrique tu as écrit:

folly maybe but then again maybe you are trying to invent a new word

folie a full lie contraction

vendredi folie

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/folie

les nazis de grammaire sont ennuyeux

j'espère que cela t'aides

Jack June 28th 17 03:25 PM

Planing wood isn't rocket science (or is it?)

On 6/27/2017 1:08 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

what planing wood is to me

very very loud

Two common reasons for that:

1. You are not using a hand plane - cool
2. You're planer does not have a spiral, segmented cutter head. - not cool

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com

Electric Comet June 28th 17 05:04 PM

Planing wood isn't rocket science (or is it?)

On Wed, 28 Jun 2017 10:25:55 -0400
Jack wrote:

1. You are not using a hand plane - cool

or using a hand plane very very incorrectly

2. You're planer does not have a spiral, segmented cutter head. - not
cool

correct it is a brute force straight edge and it is mounted perpindicular

if only it was canted at an ever so slight angle it would make a lot of
difference