Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Well, it finally happened...

This is why the terrorists hate us.

http://www.woodworkingnetwork.com/news/woodworking-industry-news/home-depot-menards-under-fire-over-lumber-sizes

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

-MIKE- writes:
This is why the terrorists hate us.

Actually, that has nothing to do with terrorism,
and everything to do with ambulance-chasing
lawyers.
Posted to rec.woodworking

-MIKE- wrote:

This is why the terrorists hate us.

http://www.woodworkingnetwork.com/news/woodworking-industry-news/home-depot-menards-under-fire-over-lumber-sizes

It's those damn SJW millennials!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/Pamela_Mo...08903957446657

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/22/2017 10:40 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
This is why the terrorists hate us.

http://www.woodworkingnetwork.com/news/woodworking-industry-news/home-depot-menards-under-fire-over-lumber-sizes

A wonderful example of the ignorant uneducated liberals wanting some one
else to take the blame for their lack of knowledge.

And for you gun control fanatics, knives and bombs are the popular
option now, right London?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/22/17 11:19 AM, Leon wrote:
On 6/22/2017 10:40 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
This is why the terrorists hate us.

http://www.woodworkingnetwork.com/news/woodworking-industry-news/home-depot-menards-under-fire-over-lumber-sizes

A wonderful example of the ignorant uneducated liberals wanting some one
else to take the blame for their lack of knowledge.

And for you gun control fanatics, knives and bombs are the popular
option now, right London?

This article about it is great!
http://abovethelaw.com/2017/06/lawsuit-home-depot-selling-4x4s-that-arent-4-inches-by-4-inches-everyone-else-they-arent-supposed-to-be-you-moron/

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet writes:
On 6/22/2017 10:40 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
This is why the terrorists hate us.

http://www.woodworkingnetwork.com/news/woodworking-industry-news/home-depot-menards-under-fire-over-lumber-sizes

A wonderful example of the ignorant uneducated liberals wanting some one
else to take the blame for their lack of knowledge.

Where, in the article above, does it mention liberals?

And for you gun control fanatics, knives and bombs are the popular
option now, right London?

Personally, I'd rather face a fruitcake with a knife than one
with an AR-15. Apples != Oranges.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/22/17 10:46 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
-MIKE- writes:
This is why the terrorists hate us.

Actually, that has nothing to do with terrorism,
and everything to do with ambulance-chasing
lawyers.

Yeah, it was kind of a joke.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/22/2017 11:27 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 6/22/17 11:19 AM, Leon wrote:
On 6/22/2017 10:40 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
This is why the terrorists hate us.

http://www.woodworkingnetwork.com/news/woodworking-industry-news/home-depot-menards-under-fire-over-lumber-sizes

A wonderful example of the ignorant uneducated liberals wanting some
one else to take the blame for their lack of knowledge.

And for you gun control fanatics, knives and bombs are the popular
option now, right London?

This article about it is great!
http://abovethelaw.com/2017/06/lawsuit-home-depot-selling-4x4s-that-arent-4-inches-by-4-inches-everyone-else-they-arent-supposed-to-be-you-moron/

Just wait until some one thinks a "stud" should be at least 8' long.
Because, you know, a stud is bigger than normal.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/22/17 11:08 AM, Spalted Walt wrote:
-MIKE- wrote:

This is why the terrorists hate us.

http://www.woodworkingnetwork.com/news/woodworking-industry-news/home-depot-menards-under-fire-over-lumber-sizes

It's those damn SJW millennials!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/Pamela_Mo...08903957446657

That was brilliant!
Make sure you see part one, also.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/22/2017 11:31 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet writes:
On 6/22/2017 10:40 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
This is why the terrorists hate us.

http://www.woodworkingnetwork.com/news/woodworking-industry-news/home-depot-menards-under-fire-over-lumber-sizes

A wonderful example of the ignorant uneducated liberals wanting some one
else to take the blame for their lack of knowledge.

Where, in the article above, does it mention liberals?

I confess, it does not mention them, it describes them, you have to read
between the lines. ;~) The article did not mention ignorant uneducated
either but I think we both agree on that.

And for you gun control fanatics, knives and bombs are the popular
option now, right London?

Personally, I'd rather face a fruitcake with a knife than one
with an AR-15. Apples != Oranges.

Absolutely but gun control does not stop violence, alternative weapons
will be used and more so now as shown in the news in gun controlled areas.

And automobiles being used to cause mass casualties.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 22 Jun 2017 11:19:46 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 6/22/2017 10:40 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
This is why the terrorists hate us.

http://www.woodworkingnetwork.com/news/woodworking-industry-news/home-depot-menards-under-fire-over-lumber-sizes

A wonderful example of the ignorant uneducated liberals wanting some one
else to take the blame for their lack of knowledge.

And for you gun control fanatics, knives and bombs are the popular
option now, right London?

I'll agree with "ignorant" and "uneducated" but it's got nothing to
do with whether they are liberal, conservative, Libertatian, or
anarchist.

They are just plain STUPID, as is ANY lawfirm who would take it on as
a class action. INCREDIBLE!!!!
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thursday, June 22, 2017 at 11:20:03 AM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

A wonderful example of the ignorant uneducated liberals wanting some one
else to take the blame for their lack of knowledge.

Leon's comment worded differently:

"In a statement to The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Yevgeniy (Eugene) Turin of McGuire Law claimed the suit is based on the fact that "reasonable consumers" are unaware of the difference between nominal (pre-surfacing of the four sides) and actual dimensions."

The key point in the above statement, and what the suit is based on, is "reasonable customers". It should be easy to prove those customers are definitely "not reasonable", hence the suit should be easily dismissed.

One has to think unreasonably (be unreasonable), in order to dream-up an asinine case, as this.

For those customers, HD & Menards should mandate (counter suit!) that they can only buy rough cut lumber.... and be further charged with filing frivolous law suits.

Sonny

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/22/2017 2:05 PM, Sonny wrote:
[...]

I have two comments on this thread. One: all motorized means of
transportation should be eliminated. The last several muslim terrorist
murders have been accomplished with autos, trucks and buses.

Two: I am 73. When my grandfather was helping me with building project
when I was in elementary school he told me why 2X4 were not actually 2"
by 4"

So that was common knowledge over 60 years ago.

I guess when you spend your life in the virtual world of a smartphone,
you do not learn about the real world.

--
2017: The year we lean to play the great game of Euchre
Posted to rec.woodworking

snotblob gurgled:

Oh! ....I thought you were discussing Drumph supporters. Here's my
favorite take on the subject:

*****NEWS FLASH*****

Zombies Cancel Zombie Apocalypse After Election Reveals America Has No
Brains!

********************

http://i.imgur.com/9l2gdWA.jpg

HTH HAND

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/22/2017 1:05 PM, Sonny wrote:
On Thursday, June 22, 2017 at 11:20:03 AM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

A wonderful example of the ignorant uneducated liberals wanting some one
else to take the blame for their lack of knowledge.

Leon's comment worded differently:

"In a statement to The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Yevgeniy (Eugene) Turin of McGuire Law claimed the suit is based on the fact that "reasonable consumers" are unaware of the difference between nominal (pre-surfacing of the four sides) and actual dimensions."

;~) A "Reasonable" person is lawyer speak. I learned long ago that
reasonable was used in place of "the way most "might" think".

The problem is that reasonable does not equal what is right or correct.

In this case, if all reasonable persons were educated to industry
standards they would not be upset about the measuring description that
has been used for many years. But reasonable or not the complainants
are not educated in this field.

Just wait until one of those entitled millennial's buys a "Skil" Saw and
is upset because it saw does not make the operator a skillful one.

The key point in the above statement, and what the suit is based on, is "reasonable customers". It should be easy to prove those customers are definitely "not reasonable", hence the suit should be easily dismissed.

One has to think unreasonably (be unreasonable), in order to dream-up an asinine case, as this.

For those customers, HD & Menards should mandate (counter suit!) that they can only buy rough cut lumber.... and be further charged with filing frivolous law suits.

Sonny

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/22/2017 10:27 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 6/22/17 11:19 AM, Leon wrote:
On 6/22/2017 10:40 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
This is why the terrorists hate us.

http://www.woodworkingnetwork.com/news/woodworking-industry-news/home-depot-menards-under-fire-over-lumber-sizes

A wonderful example of the ignorant uneducated liberals wanting some
one else to take the blame for their lack of knowledge.

And for you gun control fanatics, knives and bombs are the popular
option now, right London?

This article about it is great!
http://abovethelaw.com/2017/06/lawsuit-home-depot-selling-4x4s-that-arent-4-inches-by-4-inches-everyone-else-they-arent-supposed-to-be-you-moron/

Next they'll be suing Harbor Freight for selling 8'x10' tarps that are
really more like 7'6"x9'6". Or suing Payless for selling size 8 shoes
that are not all the same size.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 22 Jun 2017 11:39:40 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

[...]

The gun is still the most efficient killer of the "common" weapons,
particularly for a "targetted" attack. Other than "terrorist"
and"looney" killers, it is generally the "lethal weapon of choice"
around the world.
Yes, eye-drops can be used too, or Insulin, - - -
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/22/2017 1:44 PM, Keith Nuttle wrote:
[...]

;~)

Two: I am 73. When my grandfather was helping me with building project
when I was in elementary school he told me why 2X4 were not actually 2"
by 4"

Correct, and probably back then, when you were building this project,
2x4's were some where between 2x4 and 1.5x3.5" I have seen old 2x4's
that are larger than the ones we buy now.

So that was common knowledge over 60 years ago.

I guess when you spend your life in the virtual world of a smartphone,
you do not learn about the real world.

I think you just set that nail exactly as you were taught. ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

On a side note and completely off the subject. I have been wanting to
thank you for mentioning Fluid Film a few months ago.
I picked up a can at Lowe's a few months ago and I like the stuff,
except for the fresh sprayed smell, but that goes away.

I forget exactly why I bought it but it worked. A few weeks later I
used some to tackle some rust, a repeated rust spot on the blade brake
lever on my 30 year old Honda lawn mower. I took that lever down to
bare metal, primed, and painted two times in the last three years and
the rust ame back quickly. My hand gets rusty red every time I mow the
yard. I sprayed some Fluid Film on the rusty spot and it has yet to
rust further nor color my hand red.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/22/17 11:19 AM, Leon wrote:
On 6/22/2017 10:40 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
This is why the terrorists hate us.

http://www.woodworkingnetwork.com/news/woodworking-industry-news/home-depot-menards-under-fire-over-lumber-sizes

A wonderful example of the ignorant uneducated liberals wanting some
one else to take the blame for their lack of knowledge.

And for you gun control fanatics, knives and bombs are the popular
option now, right London?

This article about it is great!
http://abovethelaw.com/2017/06/lawsuit-home-depot-selling-4x4s-that-arent-4-inches-by-4-inches-everyone-else-they-arent-supposed-to-be-you-moron/

Next they'll be suing Harbor Freight for selling 8'x10' tarps that are
really more like 7'6"x9'6". Or suing Payless for selling size 8 shoes
that are not all the same size.

Hey it worked for computer monitors, 14 inches they were not.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/22/17 11:19 AM, Leon wrote:
On 6/22/2017 10:40 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
This is why the terrorists hate us.

http://www.woodworkingnetwork.com/news/woodworking-industry-news/home-depot-menards-under-fire-over-lumber-sizes

A wonderful example of the ignorant uneducated liberals wanting some
one else to take the blame for their lack of knowledge.

And for you gun control fanatics, knives and bombs are the popular
option now, right London?

This article about it is great!
http://abovethelaw.com/2017/06/lawsuit-home-depot-selling-4x4s-that-arent-4-inches-by-4-inches-everyone-else-they-arent-supposed-to-be-you-moron/

Next they'll be suing Harbor Freight for selling 8'x10' tarps that are
really more like 7'6"x9'6". Or suing Payless for selling size 8 shoes
that are not all the same size.

Hey it worked for computer monitors, 14 inches they were not.

I wonder how many people are involved in this class actions suit if they
are only going for 5 million dollars

--
2017: The year we lean to play the great game of Euchre
Posted to rec.woodworking

-MIKE- wrote:
This is why the terrorists hate us.

http://www.woodworkingnetwork.com/news/woodworking-industry-news/home-depot-menards-under-fire-over-lumber-sizes

One problem is a (typical) litigant would have to prove you he or she
was fooled and have damages. And anyone savvy enough to incur
meaningful damages wood not be fooled. I don't think making it a class
action lawsuit changes anything.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 22 Jun 2017 15:46:35 GMT, (Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

-MIKE- writes:
This is why the terrorists hate us.

Actually, that has nothing to do with terrorism,
and everything to do with ambulance-chasing
lawyers.

There's a difference?

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

Most popular perhaps, but gasoline is far more _efficient.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/22/17 11:19 AM, Leon wrote:
On 6/22/2017 10:40 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
This is why the terrorists hate us.

http://www.woodworkingnetwork.com/news/woodworking-industry-news/home-depot-menards-under-fire-over-lumber-sizes

A wonderful example of the ignorant uneducated liberals wanting some
one else to take the blame for their lack of knowledge.

And for you gun control fanatics, knives and bombs are the popular
option now, right London?

This article about it is great!
http://abovethelaw.com/2017/06/lawsuit-home-depot-selling-4x4s-that-arent-4-inches-by-4-inches-everyone-else-they-arent-supposed-to-be-you-moron/

Just wait until some one thinks a "stud" should be at least 8' long.
Because, you know, a stud is bigger than normal.

But studs aren't 2" x 4". That would be just weird.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 22 Jun 2017 15:02:50 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

[...]

https://www.fpl.fs.fed.us/documnts/m...scpub_6409.pdf

Anyone want to send this to the defense attorneys?

So that was common knowledge over 60 years ago.

I guess when you spend your life in the virtual world of a smartphone,
you do not learn about the real world.

I think you just set that nail exactly as you were taught. ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

That's experience. It was first recommended to me by my brother who
is still a mechanic. First time I used it was helping him replace some
shafts in the suspension of his old snow machine.He swore by it. I
tried it. Now I pretty much swear by it. It, along with Sea Foam and
Marvel Mystery Oil are always stock items around my shop (as well as
TapFree) Out at the hangar, "mouse milk" is the penetrant of choice,
Elsewhere, PB Blaster or Deep Creap. Once it's moving, it's a job for
the fluid film.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/22/17 11:19 AM, Leon wrote:
On 6/22/2017 10:40 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
This is why the terrorists hate us.

http://www.woodworkingnetwork.com/news/woodworking-industry-news/home-depot-menards-under-fire-over-lumber-sizes

A wonderful example of the ignorant uneducated liberals wanting some
one else to take the blame for their lack of knowledge.

And for you gun control fanatics, knives and bombs are the popular
option now, right London?

This article about it is great!
http://abovethelaw.com/2017/06/lawsuit-home-depot-selling-4x4s-that-arent-4-inches-by-4-inches-everyone-else-they-arent-supposed-to-be-you-moron/

Next they'll be suing Harbor Freight for selling 8'x10' tarps that are
really more like 7'6"x9'6". Or suing Payless for selling size 8 shoes
that are not all the same size.

Hey it worked for computer monitors, 14 inches they were not.

Now thet are "14 inch class" or "22 inch class" With TVs years back,
the same TV sold as a 27 inch in USA was a 26 inch in Canada.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 22 Jun 2017 20:43:08 -0400, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

Not if you are trying to pick someone off a good distance away
without being detected.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 06/22/2017 10:40 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
This is why the terrorists hate us.

http://www.woodworkingnetwork.com/news/woodworking-industry-news/home-depot-menards-under-fire-over-lumber-sizes

WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN???? HUH? HUUUUUHHHHH?

http://www.allmax.com/MILT/

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
says...

On Thu, 22 Jun 2017 20:43:08 -0400, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

In article ,

says...

wrote:

[...]

How is that efficient? How long does it take you to kill 87 people that
way? To what extent do you have to expose yourself to capture to do it?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/22/2017 9:56 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 22 Jun 2017 20:43:08 -0400, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

In article ,

says...

wrote:

[...]

did you read about the Canadian sniper who took out a muslim terrorist
at over two miles.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/22...s-fighter.html

--
2017: The year we lean to play the great game of Euchre
Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon, just remember, if liberal are not intelligent enough to understand lumber sizing, they are hopeless when it comes to corrective criticism. After all, THEY are the cultural elite - right ? ;-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/23/2017 8:36 AM, Dr. Deb wrote:

Leon, just remember, if liberal are not intelligent enough to understand lumber sizing, they are hopeless when it comes to corrective criticism. After all, THEY are the cultural elite - right ? ;-)

They think they are!

--
2017: The year we lean to play the great game of Euchre
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/22/2017 4:13 PM, Leon wrote:

On a side note and completely off the subject. I have been wanting to
thank you for mentioning Fluid Film a few months ago.
I picked up a can at Lowe's a few months ago and I like the stuff,
except for the fresh sprayed smell, but that goes away.

I forget exactly why I bought it but it worked. A few weeks later I
used some to tackle some rust, a repeated rust spot on the blade brake
lever on my 30 year old Honda lawn mower. I took that lever down to
bare metal, primed, and painted two times in the last three years and
the rust ame back quickly. My hand gets rusty red every time I mow the
yard. I sprayed some Fluid Film on the rusty spot and it has yet to
rust further nor color my hand red.

Thanks Leon, I'll have to get some of that.

Speaking of Amazon, looking for the product, at Lowe's it was $9.99 and
at Amazon, $13.14, plus shipping, over 30% more, plus shipping. Damn,
Amazon is really out to lunch on so much stuff.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com