Posted to rec.woodworking

Default The Cribbage Board Is Broken!

What a fiasco this turned out to be. There must have been a problem with
the plans or maybe it's the wood I chose.

I gave the board to my son, we played 2 games to break it in and he beat
me both times. He's a rookie, I've been playing for 40-plus years.

Obviously there's a problem with the board.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/18/2017 8:20 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
What a fiasco this turned out to be. There must have been a problem with
the plans or maybe it's the wood I chose.

I gave the board to my son, we played 2 games to break it in and he beat
me both times. He's a rookie, I've been playing for 40-plus years.

Obviously there's a problem with the board.

Did you inhale too much finish?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/18/2017 8:20 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
What a fiasco this turned out to be. There must have been a problem with
the plans or maybe it's the wood I chose.

I gave the board to my son, we played 2 games to break it in and he beat
me both times. He's a rookie, I've been playing for 40-plus years.

Obviously there's a problem with the board.

It was nice of you to reel him win to the game like that. Build up his
confidence and then at the right moment bring him down.

That was the plan with my daughters, but it did not always work.

--
2017: The year we lean to play the great game of Euchre
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 18 Jun 2017 21:15:43 -0400, Keith Nuttle
wrote:

On 6/18/2017 8:20 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
What a fiasco this turned out to be. There must have been a problem with
the plans or maybe it's the wood I chose.

I gave the board to my son, we played 2 games to break it in and he beat
me both times. He's a rookie, I've been playing for 40-plus years.

Obviously there's a problem with the board.

It was nice of you to reel him win to the game like that. Build up his
confidence and then at the right moment bring him down.

Right. A couple of games to build confidence, THEN start the dollar a
hole (inflation) games.

That was the plan with my daughters, but it did not always work.

Posted to rec.woodworking

DerbyDad03 wrote:
What a fiasco this turned out to be. There must have been a problem with
the plans or maybe it's the wood I chose.

I gave the board to my son, we played 2 games to break it in and he beat
me both times. He's a rookie, I've been playing for 40-plus years.

Obviously there's a problem with the board.

Make sure that you each only more *your own* pegs... : )
Posted to rec.woodworking

Bill wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
What a fiasco this turned out to be. There must have been a problem with
the plans or maybe it's the wood I chose.

I gave the board to my son, we played 2 games to break it in and he beat
me both times. He's a rookie, I've been playing for 40-plus years.

Obviously there's a problem with the board.

Make sure that you each only more *your own* pegs... : )

Oops, that should be "move" not "more". Don't be afraid to slap the
other person's hand if you see a violation..

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Monday, June 19, 2017 at 12:48:25 AM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
What a fiasco this turned out to be. There must have been a problem with
the plans or maybe it's the wood I chose.

I gave the board to my son, we played 2 games to break it in and he beat
me both times. He's a rookie, I've been playing for 40-plus years.

Obviously there's a problem with the board.

Jeez! Pictures?

The final pics were posted in the original thread.

http://i.imgur.com/ouehBqf.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vooVWFE.jpg
Posted to rec.woodworking

DerbyDad03 wrote:
What a fiasco this turned out to be. There must have been a problem with
the plans or maybe it's the wood I chose.

I gave the board to my son, we played 2 games to break it in and he beat
me both times. He's a rookie, I've been playing for 40-plus years.

Obviously there's a problem with the board.

Jeez! Pictures?

The final pics were posted in the original thread.

http://i.imgur.com/ouehBqf.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vooVWFE.jpg

Looks damn FINE!!! Definitely not broken. ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

DerbyDad03 wrote:
What a fiasco this turned out to be. There must have been a problem with
the plans or maybe it's the wood I chose.

I gave the board to my son, we played 2 games to break it in and he beat
me both times. He's a rookie, I've been playing for 40-plus years.

Obviously there's a problem with the board.

Jeez! Pictures?

The final pics were posted in the original thread.

http://i.imgur.com/ouehBqf.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vooVWFE.jpg

Looks damn FINE!!! Definitely not broken. ;~)

Thanks! It should be in Reno by now. Maybe we can play via Skype.
Posted to rec.woodworking

DerbyDad03 wrote:
What a fiasco this turned out to be. There must have been a problem with
the plans or maybe it's the wood I chose.

I gave the board to my son, we played 2 games to break it in and he beat
me both times. He's a rookie, I've been playing for 40-plus years.

Obviously there's a problem with the board.

Jeez! Pictures?

The final pics were posted in the original thread.

http://i.imgur.com/ouehBqf.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vooVWFE.jpg

Looks damn FINE!!! Definitely not broken. ;~)

Looks to me like a termite got to it. ;-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 18 Jun 2017 17:20:38 -0700 (PDT)
DerbyDad03 wrote:

I gave the board to my son, we played 2 games to break it in and he
beat me both times. He's a rookie, I've been playing for 40-plus
years.

Obviously there's a problem with the board.

simple

most likely the shuffle was not good enough
how many times did you shuffle

did you make the pegs or buy them

i wanted to make a board with leds and speech recognition
to eliminate those pegging mistakes for folks with bad eyesight

simpler option might be a large board

i lost a game but it was mostly due to pegging and i did try to correct
as we played but conceded and actually felt ok to give the win over

we did use a large deck but it the pegging that was hard