DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Air cleaner (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/589748-air-cleaner.html)

Gramps' shop May 7th 17 10:33 PM

Air cleaner

My air cleaner in the old shop was opening the garage doors. The shop in the new house is in the basement and my wife is certain that the dust on the main floor furniture emanates from woodworking in the shop.

Any recommendations for an air cleaner that will take care of our dust problem?

Thanks,

Larry

J. Clarke[_4_] May 7th 17 11:17 PM

Air cleaner

In article ,
says...

My air cleaner in the old shop was opening the garage doors. The shop in the new house is in the basement and my wife is certain that the dust on the main floor furniture emanates from woodworking in the shop.

Any recommendations for an air cleaner that will take care of our dust problem?

http://billpentz.com/woodworking/cyclone/

More than you ever wanted to know about dust collection.

Puckdropper[_2_] May 8th 17 03:13 AM

Air cleaner

"Gramps' shop" wrote in
:

My air cleaner in the old shop was opening the garage doors. The shop
in the new house is in the basement and my wife is certain that the
dust on the main floor furniture emanates from woodworking in the
shop.

Any recommendations for an air cleaner that will take care of our dust
problem?

Thanks,

Larry

I've got a Jet air cleaner. It keeps the dust from accumulating on
everything, which seems to be what you want. This one uses a replacable
outer filter and a finer washable inner filter. The outer filter is a
standard furnace filter, which on mine is a cut-to-fit washable one.

It's got a timer that can be set for 2, 4, or 8 hours. The machine is
operated from a remote control, which is good because the main unit is
mounted out of the way on the ceiling.

Puckdropper

John Grossbohlin[_4_] May 8th 17 04:26 AM

Air cleaner

"Gramps' shop" wrote in message

My air cleaner in the old shop was opening the garage doors. The shop in
the new house is in the basement and my wife is certain that the dust on
the main floor furniture emanates from woodworking in the shop.

Any recommendations for an air cleaner that will take care of our dust
problem?

Leave the shades drawn and the lights off... there will be no dust in
evidence. ;~)

Puckdropper[_2_] May 8th 17 06:11 AM

Air cleaner

"John Grossbohlin" wrote in
:

"Gramps' shop" wrote in message

My air cleaner in the old shop was opening the garage doors. The shop
in the new house is in the basement and my wife is certain that the
dust on the main floor furniture emanates from woodworking in the
shop.

Any recommendations for an air cleaner that will take care of our dust
problem?

Leave the shades drawn and the lights off... there will be no dust in
evidence. ;~)

The next post, he'll be asking for recommendations of steel toed shoes.
;-)

Puckdropper

[email protected] May 8th 17 05:59 PM

Air cleaner

On 08 May 2017 05:11:39 GMT, Puckdropper
puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

"John Grossbohlin" wrote in
:

"Gramps' shop" wrote in message

My air cleaner in the old shop was opening the garage doors. The shop
in the new house is in the basement and my wife is certain that the
dust on the main floor furniture emanates from woodworking in the
shop.

Any recommendations for an air cleaner that will take care of our dust
problem?

Leave the shades drawn and the lights off... there will be no dust in
evidence. ;~)

The next post, he'll be asking for recommendations of steel toed shoes.
;-)

Certainly a SawStop. ;-)

Markem[_2_] May 8th 17 06:19 PM

Air cleaner

On 08 May 2017 05:11:39 GMT, Puckdropper
puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

"John Grossbohlin" wrote in
:

"Gramps' shop" wrote in message

My air cleaner in the old shop was opening the garage doors. The shop
in the new house is in the basement and my wife is certain that the
dust on the main floor furniture emanates from woodworking in the
shop.

Any recommendations for an air cleaner that will take care of our dust
problem?

Leave the shades drawn and the lights off... there will be no dust in
evidence. ;~)

The next post, he'll be asking for recommendations of steel toed shoes.
;-)

Maybe even a steel cup...