Old April 22nd 17, 06:28 PM posted to rec.woodworking

Default Tommy Mac - rough exit from 'Rough Cut'?

"Believe it or not ..I will no longer be working on rough cut ..."
"I quit"
https://www.facebook.com/thomas.j.macdonald/
He appears bitter about it. He's was pretty terse with some folks who
asked why; something to the effect of, "I don't owe you an explanation."
He must have close to $100K in new Mini Max/SCM tools in the lower
level of that new shop. SCM was also listed as a sponsor at the end
of the show...Spalted Walt

So yesterday my Facebook popped up with a live stream of him working
on his current desk project. Nice maple writing desk. I asked a couple
questions, one or two the same as several others, and kinda got blown
off. When he responded, it was, "I don't friggin' know".

A different side to him when not in front of a real camera. His feed
had about 119 viewers at one point, which dropped after he said to
quit breaking his balls. One comment posted was about keeping his
greasy fingers (he was stuffing his face with Doritos) off the bare
wood desk. TMac shot back, "sometimes you need to grease your wood if
you know what I mean, right?" with a sly grin.

From that comment, and several others, including that he does
woodworking because people suck, had me wondering why he was even
bothering with a live feed. I appreciate his work and him share his
knowledge, but after comments, people were dropping off. After the
grease comment, he lost about a third of his viewers.

I'm no prude and my ears have heard plenty, but it made me wonder if
that is a reflection of his attitude with Rough Cut and leaving.

Anyways, just sharing what I saw and heard. Make of it what you will.

Old April 23rd 17, 04:28 AM posted to rec.woodworking

Casper wrote:
[...]

From that comment, and several others, including that he does
woodworking because people suck, had me wondering why he was even
bothering with a live feed. I appreciate his work and him share his
knowledge, but after comments, people were dropping off. After the
grease comment, he lost about a third of his viewers.

I'm no prude and my ears have heard plenty, but it made me wonder if
that is a reflection of his attitude with Rough Cut and leaving.

Anyways, just sharing what I saw and heard. Make of it what you will.

Maybe he is just a little ****ed about the "change in life direction"
that was forced on him. Cut him a little slack. Maybe it's partly a
"joisey" thing.

Old April 23rd 17, 04:41 PM posted to rec.woodworking

Bill was heard to mutter:
Maybe he is just a little ****ed about the "change in life direction"
that was forced on him. Cut him a little slack. Maybe it's partly a
"joisey" thing.

From posts here and FB, he's keeping his reason to himself, which is
his right. ****ed? I guess. He said he quit, so ****ed about what?

Slack? I don't care how he talks. Just saying he'll lose viewers. Even
guys doing YouTube avoid it so kids don't overhear or lose viewers.

"Joisey"? Elaborate. TMac is from Mass.
Old April 23rd 17, 05:56 PM posted to rec.woodworking

Casper wrote:

So yesterday my Facebook popped up with a live stream of him working
on his current desk project. Nice maple writing desk. I asked a couple
questions, one or two the same as several others, and kinda got blown
off. When he responded, it was, "I don't friggin' know".

So I just watched the video you're commenting on:
'Desk 30: Fitting lid'
https://www.facebook.com/thomas.j.ma...6611712477096/

at 7:27 "How much weight can the hinges and door support?"
TMac responded with "I don't friggin' know".
An honest and totally appropriate answer given in the context of a
live Q&A.

A different side to him when not in front of a real camera. His feed
had about 119 viewers at one point, which dropped after he said to
quit breaking his balls. One comment posted was about keeping his
greasy fingers (he was stuffing his face with Doritos) off the bare
wood desk. TMac shot back, "sometimes you need to grease your wood if
you know what I mean, right?" with a sly grin.

Lighten up, Casper. After watching it, it was kinda funny.

From that comment, and several others, including that he does
woodworking because people suck, had me wondering why he was even
bothering with a live feed. I appreciate his work and him share his
knowledge, but after comments, people were dropping off. After the
grease comment, he lost about a third of his viewers.

What you failed to mention is that occured at the end of the braodcast.
Of course people were "dropping off".

TMac is a '****ah'! I never cared much for 'Rough Cut'. I like the
brash, keeping it real, in your face Tommy Mac much better.
Unforunatly for him, that 'realness' isn't conducive to a PBS TV career.

Old April 23rd 17, 06:18 PM posted to rec.woodworking

Casper wrote:

Bill was heard to mutter:
Maybe he is just a little ****ed about the "change in life direction"
that was forced on him. Cut him a little slack. Maybe it's partly a
"joisey" thing.

From posts here and FB, he's keeping his reason to himself, which is
his right. ****ed? I guess. He said he quit, so ****ed about what?

He's apparently under a 1 year gag order:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/thomas.j...=page_internal

"Tommy Mac (replying to) Denny... I left u hanging .. u said I
was unfair to you .. All i did was lose a job and be forced
to eat **** and be under a gag order for a year ... I don't
owe you . anything ....
Watch ..don't watch ..."
April 21 at 5:37am

Old April 23rd 17, 07:18 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/23/2017 11:41 AM, Casper wrote:
Bill was heard to mutter:
Maybe he is just a little ****ed about the "change in life direction"
that was forced on him. Cut him a little slack. Maybe it's partly a
"joisey" thing.

From posts here and FB, he's keeping his reason to himself, which is
his right. ****ed? I guess. He said he quit, so ****ed about what?

Slack? I don't care how he talks. Just saying he'll lose viewers. Even
guys doing YouTube avoid it so kids don't overhear or lose viewers.

"Joisey"? Elaborate. TMac is from Mass.

He may also be losing chances for the future too, if he is interested in
a new venture. Image in important.
Old April 24th 17, 02:04 AM posted to rec.woodworking

Casper wrote:
Bill was heard to mutter:
Maybe he is just a little ****ed about the "change in life direction"
that was forced on him. Cut him a little slack. Maybe it's partly a
"joisey" thing.

From posts here and FB, he's keeping his reason to himself, which is
his right. ****ed? I guess. He said he quit, so ****ed about what?

Slack? I don't care how he talks. Just saying he'll lose viewers. Even
guys doing YouTube avoid it so kids don't overhear or lose viewers.

"Joisey"? Elaborate. TMac is from Mass.

Casper,

I'm not a relative or his agent and I don't care which state he is from
I offered him a few words of advice when I met him at one of the
woodworking shows. To be kind in this context would be to mind your own
business. That's what I'm doing. You want to argue; please go find
someone else.

Bill
Old April 24th 17, 04:07 PM posted to rec.woodworking

Spalted Walt was heard to mutter:
He's apparently under a 1 year gag order:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/thomas.j...=page_internal

"Tommy Mac (replying to) Denny... I left u hanging .. u said I
was unfair to you .. All i did was lose a job and be forced
to eat **** and be under a gag order for a year ... I don't
owe you . anything ....
Watch ..don't watch ..."
April 21 at 5:37am

I figured he was sentanced to silence by his lack of words.
Old April 24th 17, 04:08 PM posted to rec.woodworking

Ed Pawlowski was heard to mutter:
He may also be losing chances for the future too, if he is interested in
a new venture. Image in important.

That was my simple and only point.
Old April 24th 17, 04:16 PM posted to rec.woodworking

Spalted Walt was heard to mutter:

at 7:27 "How much weight can the hinges and door support?"
TMac responded with "I don't friggin' know".
An honest and totally appropriate answer given in the context of a
live Q&A.

Saying I don't know was not the point. It was the expletive.

Lighten up, Casper. After watching it, it was kinda funny.

Lighten up? Defensive much? I didn't say anything negative.

What you failed to mention is that occured at the end of the braodcast.
Of course people were "dropping off".

Not just at the end. But I was surprised he didn't have more FB
viewers given how popular his RC show seemed to be.

TMac is a '****ah'! I never cared much for 'Rough Cut'. I like the
brash, keeping it real, in your face Tommy Mac much better.

Good for you. It's a free world.

Unforunatly for him, that 'realness' isn't conducive to a PBS TV career.

Exactly my point. My only point.

Anyways, just sharing what I saw and heard. Make of it what you will.

Yet again... make of it what YOU will.