Old April 24th 17, 05:36 PM posted to rec.woodworking

Default Tommy Mac - rough exit from 'Rough Cut'?

Casper,
I'm not a relative or his agent and I don't care which state he is from
I offered him a few words of advice when I met him at one of the
woodworking shows. To be kind in this context would be to mind your own
business. That's what I'm doing. You want to argue; please go find
someone else.
Bill

To the comment 'which state he is from' [sic], who brought that up?
"Maybe it's partly a "joisey" thing. [sic] Bill"
I asked what you meant by that to which you did not respond.

I offered him a few words of advice when I met him...

I hope you enjoyed your meeting.

To be kind in this context would be to mind your own business.

You do the same? *See above on advice.

You want to argue; please go find someone else.

Who the hell is argguing? Um, you.

I didn't start this topic.

I don't give a rat's ass what TJM says or does.

Sometimes folks here get too jacked up over simple conversations.

To others here, I apologize if you are offended by my responses which
some folks obviously took out of context.

Walt ... was not my intention to rain on your conversation.

Bill ... whatever. Sorry but I'm all out of rat's asses.

JOKE: Topics not for conversation...
1. Politics
2. Religion
3. Money
4. See 1 & 2
5. TJMac (*New)

Old April 24th 17, 09:58 PM posted to rec.woodworking

Casper wrote:

I didn't start this topic.

I don't give a rat's ass what TJM says or does.

Sometimes folks here get too jacked up over simple conversations.

Project much?

To others here, I apologize if you are offended by my responses which
some folks obviously took out of context.

Walt ... was not my intention to rain on your conversation.

Lighten up, Casper ... it's only usenet.
Old April 27th 17, 02:30 AM posted to rec.woodworking

Sometimes folks here get too jacked up over simple conversations.
Project much?

Nah.

Walt ... was not my intention to rain on your conversation.

Lighten up, Casper ... it's only usenet.

Yup.

Been a bad week. MiL got robbed while sitting in her car. Purse,
phone, money, meds, all gone. During that Gma taken to hospital.
Old April 27th 17, 03:11 AM posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 26 Apr 2017 21:30:40 -0400, Casper
wrote:

Sometimes folks here get too jacked up over simple conversations.

Project much?

Nah.

Walt ... was not my intention to rain on your conversation.

Lighten up, Casper ... it's only usenet.

Yup.

Been a bad week. MiL got robbed while sitting in her car. Purse,
phone, money, meds, all gone. During that Gma taken to hospital.

What, you upset that they didn't take her too?
Old July 13th 20, 05:56 AM posted to rec.woodworking

I found Tommy one afternoon on PBS and was hooked from that episode on. I loved hearing about his family, his life, how he came across like he was the guy next door just shooting the breeze. Very natural. I thought his projects were interesting, useful and just possibly doable. I didnt take shop class in school but my grandpa was a carpenter. Tommy made it make sense. Im sad things turned sour. Im not surprised at PBS. They are not nice people. The PBS reporter is always race baiting the president. Goes with the liberal media. I hope someone steps forward and gives Tommy another chance. The new guy just isnt my cup of tea.

Old July 13th 20, 07:55 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On Monday, July 13, 2020 at 12:56:40 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
On 7/12/2020 11:56 PM, wrote:
I found Tommy one afternoon on PBS and was hooked from that episode on. I loved hearing about his family, his life, how he came across like he was the guy next door just shooting the breeze. Very natural. I thought his projects were interesting, useful and just possibly doable. I didnt take shop class in school but my grandpa was a carpenter. Tommy made it make sense. Im sad things turned sour. Im not surprised at PBS. They are not nice people. The PBS reporter is always race baiting the president. Goes with the liberal media. I hope someone steps forward and gives Tommy another chance. The new guy just isnt my cup of tea.

New guy?? What new guy? Is Rough cut still on?
FWIW I did not care for Tommy, that's just me. On the flip side, I
liked Bob Vila. Hated the one after Bob and really like Kevin.

I have a Samsung Smart TV. It comes with some sort of "free TV" app. Actually
called "TV". A couple dozen channels of DIY, cooking, home design, etc.

1209 is the "This Old House" channel. 24 hours of TOH and ATOH. Mostly
old stuff, but all after Kevin took over. "Modern" up until just after Roger
got sick. So you have episodes with a healthy Roger, a slowing Roger with
Jenn, and sometimes just Jenn.

Unfortunately there's no DVR feature, Pause, FF, etc. In addition, they
apparently only bought a few series (maybe a dozen?) of this TOH so I think
I've seen them all already. The same goes for ATOH.

They also haven't sold too many commercials, so sometimes you get the same
commercial 2-3 times in row - during one commercial break. Other times they
show the same 2 or 3 Apprentice Diaries or time-lapse building project.

Old July 14th 20, 02:32 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/12/2020 11:56 PM, wrote:
[...]

Me too. I'll have to look into that. I too actually use a Roku along
with Tablo. I get about 65 local channels many of which are the subsets
like 2, 2.1, 2.3, 2.4 etc. Our PBS channel 8.1 IIRC gets TOH, American
Woodshop, WoodSmith, TOH TradeSchool. Untill I went back to over the
air with the TABLO I was only getting current TOH, AND Ask TOH.

1209 is the "This Old House" channel. 24 hours of TOH and ATOH. Mostly
old stuff, but all after Kevin took over. "Modern" up until just after Roger
got sick. So you have episodes with a healthy Roger, a slowing Roger with
Jenn, and sometimes just Jenn.

Looks like Rodger is showing up more recently.

Unfortunately there's no DVR feature, Pause, FF, etc. In addition, they
apparently only bought a few series (maybe a dozen?) of this TOH so I think
I've seen them all already. The same goes for ATOH.

Tablo does have DVR and the ability to record 4 channels at once. The
DVR records to a separate 2 TB WD HD.

Old July 14th 20, 04:10 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On Tuesday, July 14, 2020 at 9:32:28 AM UTC-4, Leon wrote:

....Snip...

1209 is the "This Old House" channel. 24 hours of TOH and ATOH. Mostly
old stuff, but all after Kevin took over. "Modern" up until just after Roger
got sick. So you have episodes with a healthy Roger, a slowing Roger with
Jenn, and sometimes just Jenn.

Looks like Rodger is showing up more recently.

Not sure what you've been seeing, but I haven't been watching any live TOH or
ATOH recently.

The latest I heard was that on June 7, 2020, the TOH crew announced Roger's
Retirement on the Jimmy Fallon show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jhlr...youtu.be&t=175

Are you saying that he's back, barely a month later?

Old July 14th 20, 05:32 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/14/2020 10:10 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Tuesday, July 14, 2020 at 9:32:28 AM UTC-4, Leon wrote:

...Snip...

1209 is the "This Old House" channel. 24 hours of TOH and ATOH. Mostly
old stuff, but all after Kevin took over. "Modern" up until just after Roger
got sick. So you have episodes with a healthy Roger, a slowing Roger with
Jenn, and sometimes just Jenn.

Looks like Rodger is showing up more recently.

Not sure what you've been seeing, but I haven't been watching any live TOH or
ATOH recently.

On TOH I have seen him more just before the new stuff a couple of months
stopped. It just seemed that he had not been on for several months.

The latest I heard was that on June 7, 2020, the TOH crew announced Roger's
Retirement on the Jimmy Fallon show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jhlr...youtu.be&t=175

Wow that guy is rich! :~) So have you heard what his illness is? I
would have to guess back issues as he seemed to not be as flexible as in
the past.

Are you saying that he's back, barely a month later?

NO! I was talking about this past Spring.