Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Looking for a source...

I'm planning to put up some crown moulding on the screened in
deck, but instead of having it attached to the wall and the ceiling, I
olan to drop it a few inches and drop a string of led lights to
generate some "mood" lighting.

I was talking to the builder of my house about this project and he
suggested I use extuded styrofoam crown moulding. It would be easier to
install - only some form of calking with brasds and since the project
was outside, the styrofoam would need less maintenance than wood.m
required. However, he was unable to provide me any sources for the
product that wasn't an elaborate design - our trim out there is simple.

Could anyone provide the name of such a source?
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , John Carter
wrote:

Could anyone provide the name of such a source?

Worth a look...

http://www.4catalogs.com/search/?q=s...ing&scat=&st=w

Joe
Posted to rec.woodworking

John Carter wrote:

I'm planning to put up some crown moulding on the screened in
deck, but instead of having it attached to the wall and the ceiling, I
olan to drop it a few inches and drop a string of led lights to
generate some "mood" lighting.

I was talking to the builder of my house about this project and he
suggested I use extuded styrofoam crown moulding. It would be easier to
install - only some form of calking with brasds and since the project
was outside, the styrofoam would need less maintenance than wood.m
required. However, he was unable to provide me any sources for the
product that wasn't an elaborate design - our trim out there is simple.

Could anyone provide the name of such a source?

http://www.homedepot.com/s/Polystyre...oulding?NCNI-5

http://www.houzz.com/photos/28056692...lding-and-trim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koC1luWz_jM

Posted to rec.woodworking

John Carter wrote:
I'm planning to put up some crown moulding on the screened in
deck, but instead of having it attached to the wall and the ceiling, I
olan to drop it a few inches and drop a string of led lights to
generate some "mood" lighting.

I was talking to the builder of my house about this project and he
suggested I use extuded styrofoam crown moulding. It would be easier to
install - only some form of calking with brasds and since the project
was outside, the styrofoam would need less maintenance than wood.m
required. However, he was unable to provide me any sources for the
product that wasn't an elaborate design - our trim out there is simple.

Could anyone provide the name of such a source?

I don't know that the product is easier to install over wood, I did not
find that to be true but it would hold up better outside. I bought it at
Lowes.

Posted to rec.woodworking

John Carter wrote in
:

I'm planning to put up some crown moulding on the screened in
deck, but instead of having it attached to the wall and the
ceiling, I olan to drop it a few inches and drop a string of led
lights to generate some "mood" lighting.

I was talking to the builder of my house about this project and he
suggested I use extuded styrofoam crown moulding. It would be
easier to install - only some form of calking with brasds and
since the project was outside, the styrofoam would need less
maintenance than wood.m required. However, he was unable to
provide me any sources for the product that wasn't an elaborate
design - our trim out there is simple.

Could anyone provide the name of such a source?

My thanks to all who provided me with greatinformation. I need to
figure out how to do searches that give meaningful results and then I
would not have to ask. Appreciate your patience.

John Carter.