Posted to rec.woodworking

Default band saw belts

anyone tried link belts on their band saw

keep hearing how much better link belts are for other applications
but have not seen mention of using link belts on a bandsaw

probaably cost more but they are supposed to perform better than a
solid belt

also the holes might help to prevent gunk build up under the belt

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Electric Comet" wrote in message
news
anyone tried link belts on their band saw

yes

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 6 Dec 2016 10:21:54 -0800, Electric Comet
wrote:

Anyone tried link belts on their band saw?

I keep hearing how much better link belts are for other applications,
but have not seen mention of using link belts on a bandsaw.

Probaably cost more but they are supposed to perform better than a
solid belt.

Also the holes might help to prevent gunk build up under the belt.

I have link belts on my 14" Delta band saw, it is both a wood and
metal bandsaw with a transmission, it requires two sets of belts.

Price that resarch you could do yourself.

I also have them on my Unisaw.

Yes I did edit your post it is so much more readable!

Mark
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/6/2016 1:21 PM, Electric Comet wrote:
anyone tried link belts on their band saw

keep hearing how much better link belts are for other applications
but have not seen mention of using link belts on a bandsaw

probaably cost more but they are supposed to perform better than a
solid belt

also the holes might help to prevent gunk build up under the belt

No, why would I want one? None of my belts are link belts, and all my
tools have been working great for 60 years. If your belts ain't
working, your machine sucks, set up sucks, or imagination is wild. How
could they improve on "working great"?

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 06 Dec 2016 14:27:09 -0600
Markem wrote:

I have link belts on my 14" Delta band saw, it is both a wood and
metal bandsaw with a transmission, it requires two sets of belts.

yours has 4 belts or more
not sure what you mean

the common term that i did not use is tire
so are you using link belts instead of tires or just link belts from
the motor shaft pulley to the bandsaw wheel

I also have them on my Unisaw.

gonna try them on the ts too i think

sort of a year end upgrade

Posted to rec.woodworking

Jack wrote:
On 12/6/2016 1:21 PM, Electric Comet wrote:
anyone tried link belts on their band saw

keep hearing how much better link belts are for other applications
but have not seen mention of using link belts on a bandsaw

probaably cost more but they are supposed to perform better than a
solid belt

also the holes might help to prevent gunk build up under the belt

No, why would I want one? None of my belts are link belts, and all my
tools have been working great for 60 years. If your belts ain't
working, your machine sucks, set up sucks, or imagination is wild.
How could they improve on "working great"?

Just a hunch (as I don't own one). They could get rid of any "memory" a
typical belt could acquire.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/6/2016 3:54 PM, Jack wrote:
On 12/6/2016 1:21 PM, Electric Comet wrote:
anyone tried link belts on their band saw

keep hearing how much better link belts are for other applications
but have not seen mention of using link belts on a bandsaw

probaably cost more but they are supposed to perform better than a
solid belt

also the holes might help to prevent gunk build up under the belt

No, why would I want one? None of my belts are link belts, and all my
tools have been working great for 60 years. If your belts ain't
working, your machine sucks, set up sucks, or imagination is wild. How
could they improve on "working great"?

I had a severe vibration problem with the belts on my Delta DP.
Switched to link belts and it runs vibration free now.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 6 Dec 2016 16:54:45 -0500
Jack wrote:

No, why would I want one? None of my belts are link belts, and all
my tools have been working great for 60 years. If your belts ain't
working, your machine sucks, set up sucks, or imagination is wild.
How could they improve on "working great"?

haha that is funny

are you an optimist or a pessimist

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Jack" wrote in message
news
On 12/6/2016 9:16 PM, Leon wrote:
On 12/6/2016 3:54 PM, Jack wrote:
On 12/6/2016 1:21 PM, Electric Comet wrote:
anyone tried link belts on their band saw

keep hearing how much better link belts are for other applications
but have not seen mention of using link belts on a bandsaw

probaably cost more but they are supposed to perform better than a
solid belt

also the holes might help to prevent gunk build up under the belt

No, why would I want one? None of my belts are link belts, and all my
tools have been working great for 60 years. If your belts ain't
working, your machine sucks, set up sucks, or imagination is wild. How
could they improve on "working great"?

I had a severe vibration problem with the belts on my Delta DP. Switched
to link belts and it runs vibration free now.

Amazing. I've never had a belted tool vibrate severely, if at all, from a
belt. Must have been one hellofa screwed up belt to begin with, or the
worlds lightest duty drill press, or some combination of both. Maybe I've
just been lucky over the last 60 years...

You've been lucky. I recently put link belts on my bandsaw, vibration went
way down

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/6/2016 6:19 PM, Bill wrote:
Jack wrote:
On 12/6/2016 1:21 PM, Electric Comet wrote:
anyone tried link belts on their band saw

keep hearing how much better link belts are for other applications
but have not seen mention of using link belts on a bandsaw

probaably cost more but they are supposed to perform better than a
solid belt

also the holes might help to prevent gunk build up under the belt

No, why would I want one? None of my belts are link belts, and all my
tools have been working great for 60 years. If your belts ain't
working, your machine sucks, set up sucks, or imagination is wild. How
could they improve on "working great"?

Just a hunch (as I don't own one). They could get rid of any "memory" a
typical belt could acquire.

My guess is any "memory" would be erased after a few revolutions. Just a
hunch, but most of the vibration is in the sales hype of the link belt
marketing department.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/7/2016 12:36 PM, Jack wrote:
On 12/6/2016 9:16 PM, Leon wrote:
On 12/6/2016 3:54 PM, Jack wrote:
[...]

Vibration is one of the reasons that manufacturers are turning to using
serpentine multi-v ribbed belts. IIRC Powermatic was one of the first
back in the late 90's
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/7/2016 12:40 PM, Jack wrote:
On 12/6/2016 6:19 PM, Bill wrote:
Jack wrote:
[...]

There are multiple quality type v-belts. Automotive tend to be the
highest quality. Unfortunately tool manufacturers tend to not use them.
I would have replaced my DP v-belts with automotive quality but the
link belts were less expensive.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 07 Dec 2016 13:33:03 -0500, dadiOH wrote:

I had a severe vibration problem with the belts on my Delta DP.
Switched
to link belts and it runs vibration free now.

Amazing. I've never had a belted tool vibrate severely, if at all,
from a belt. Must have been one hellofa screwed up belt to begin with,
or the worlds lightest duty drill press, or some combination of both.
Maybe I've just been lucky over the last 60 years...

You've been lucky. I recently put link belts on my bandsaw, vibration
went way down

About 10 years ago I bought a 1948 Delta contractors saw that I think
still had the original belt :-). At least it had certainly taken a set.
Got rid of a lot of vibration by replacing the belt with a link one.

Any of the standard belts will take a set if left under tension without
moving for some length of time. The time is dependent on the belt
material.

--
What if a much of a which of a wind gives the truth to summer's lie?
Posted to rec.woodworking

I've seen belts that segment inside and start to split into two belts.
ONly it is 3-4" long. I think starting under load or held in that
position a long time. Once each on two lathes (cold starts ?) and one
Drill press. In shops that get really hot the lube/tar tends to break
down.

I have link belts on metal, wood lathes and my 85 year old Delta. :-)
The on-off switch on the delta is starting to fail, I might look under
the cover and see what type of switch it is. Bounds to be hard to find,
but I have lots of old versions in sorted cans.

Never needed to put one on my bandsaw (Delta) Open ended pulleys.

Martin

On 12/6/2016 9:16 PM, Leon wrote:
On 12/6/2016 3:54 PM, Jack wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/7/2016 11:49 AM, Electric Comet wrote:
On Tue, 6 Dec 2016 16:54:45 -0500
Jack wrote:

No, why would I want one? None of my belts are link belts, and all
my tools have been working great for 60 years. If your belts ain't
working, your machine sucks, set up sucks, or imagination is wild.
How could they improve on "working great"?

haha that is funny

are you an optimist or a pessimist

Realist!

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/6/2016 9:16 PM, Leon wrote:
On 12/6/2016 3:54 PM, Jack wrote:
[...]

The last stationary tool I bought was the 15" planer, it came with 3
standard belts. No severe vibration except when the drive pulley came
loose. This was less than 10 years ago, so I guess they were not aware
of the belt problem, or the solution.

By all means re-belt all your severely vibrating tools with link belts.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/6/2016 6:19 PM, Bill wrote:
Jack wrote:
[...]

Hmmm, didn't know link belts were less expensive. Seems stupid that
tool manufacturers would use more expensive, inferior v belts on their
expensive tools when they could be using cheap, but superior link belts.
Makes the mind boggle...

I can see an advantage if you don't know what size belt you need, as I
understand length is adjustable. Lots of moving parts on a link belt,
right? I wonder if they are as durable? Most of my belts are 60 years
old and still work like new.

If links are cheaper and work better, if I ever replace another belt,
I'll look into the linked belt. As it stands, none of my equipment
vibrates severely and far as I can tell, the belts are ready for another
60 of years of service.
--
Jack
I'm not young enough to know everything!
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/7/2016 5:21 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
[...]

My DP, TS, jointer, lathe, and Scroll saw are 60 years old. The only
belt I recall replacing was the jointer when I built a new cabinet for
it and changed the belt length. None of my tools vibrate severely, if
at all, and far as I can tell, no set in the belts. Don't know what
they made belts out of 60 years ago, but they don't seem to vibrate,
take a set or wear out. Or, I'm just "lucky"

--
Jack
I intend to live forever... So far, so good.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/6/2016 6:19 PM, Bill wrote:
Jack wrote:
[...]

No, no, no, Automotive v-belts are not what you get with typical
machinery. Typically industrial v-belts are cheap, automotive v-belts
are typically 2~3 times more expensive but the quality is immediately
visable. Industrial are designed to work on less than desirable
applications. I was going to step up to either an automotive style or
link belt.

I can see an advantage if you don't know what size belt you need, as I
understand length is adjustable. Lots of moving parts on a link belt,
right? I wonder if they are as durable? Most of my belts are 60 years
old and still work like new.

Yes about every inch represents another part. It baffles me how these
things work with less vibration. I have read that the vibration is
absorbed by each break, at each link. And link belts do no take a set.
I will add that my link belts are not necessarily quieter, quite the
opposite but they do run much smoother.

If links are cheaper and work better, if I ever replace another belt,
I'll look into the linked belt. As it stands, none of my equipment
vibrates severely and far as I can tell, the belts are ready for another
60 of years of service.

Stick with what works. ;~) My old 1983 Craftsman contractors saw had
an industrial v-belt on it when I sold it about 16 years later and it
ran relatively smoothly.

Or take your old belt to an auto supply and ask for an automotive
quality belt. Some automotive belts have notches cut out of the inner
surface, perpendicular to the rotation of the belt, this allows the belt
to bend around tighter radius pulleys.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/7/2016 10:35 PM, Martin Eastburn wrote:
I've seen belts that segment inside and start to split into two belts.

Only belts I've seen fall apart were on cars.

ONly it is 3-4" long. I think starting under load or held in that
position a long time. Once each on two lathes (cold starts ?) and one
Drill press.

I imagine light duty belts in an industrial environment might fail more
often than in a home workshop.

In shops that get really hot the lube/tar tends to break
down.

I don't know what my belts are made of. Whatever it is, it definitely
last a long long time. They look like standard, everyday fan belts.

I have link belts on metal, wood lathes and my 85 year old Delta. :-)
The on-off switch on the delta is starting to fail, I might look under
the cover and see what type of switch it is. Bounds to be hard to find,
but I have lots of old versions in sorted cans.

Never needed to put one on my bandsaw (Delta) Open ended pulleys.

I can't imagine a belt causing a metal lathe to vibrate? The metal
lathes I've seen don't vibrate if you load non-concentric turnings in
them. Hard to see how a lowly belt would cause severe vibration in a
1000lb+ tool. Now that I think about it, I've used fly cutters in my
drill press and even then don't recall "severe" vibration at slow speeds.

-- Jack

The older I get the meaner I get. I'm pretty sure soon I'll be biting
people...

http://jbstein.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/8/2016 10:29 AM, Jack wrote:
On 12/7/2016 10:35 PM, Martin Eastburn wrote:
I've seen belts that segment inside and start to split into two belts.

Only belts I've seen fall apart were on cars.

True but these belts typically log thousands of hours in very hot and
often wet and dirty conditions. I suspect the industrial belts found on
home woodworking equipment see a few hours of continuous duty each week
if that much.

ONly it is 3-4" long. I think starting under load or held in that
position a long time. Once each on two lathes (cold starts ?) and one
Drill press.

I imagine light duty belts in an industrial environment might fail more
often than in a home workshop.

Absolutely!

In shops that get really hot the lube/tar tends to break
down.

I don't know what my belts are made of. Whatever it is, it definitely
last a long long time. They look like standard, everyday fan belts.

Typically rubber with inner belts. It is hard to say how long they have
actually lasted with out an hour meter. In a protected environment they
will last for many many years depending on how much use they actually
get used. If they were being used every day for the past 60 years you
certainly would have replaced them at least a few times.

I have link belts on metal, wood lathes and my 85 year old Delta. :-)
The on-off switch on the delta is starting to fail, I might look under
the cover and see what type of switch it is. Bounds to be hard to find,
but I have lots of old versions in sorted cans.

Never needed to put one on my bandsaw (Delta) Open ended pulleys.

I can't imagine a belt causing a metal lathe to vibrate? The metal
lathes I've seen don't vibrate if you load non-concentric turnings in
them. Hard to see how a lowly belt would cause severe vibration in a
1000lb+ tool. Now that I think about it, I've used fly cutters in my
drill press and even then don't recall "severe" vibration at slow speeds.

-- Jack

The older I get the meaner I get. I'm pretty sure soon I'll be biting
people...

http://jbstein.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/8/2016 2:11 PM, dadiOH wrote:
"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message

Or take your old belt to an auto supply and ask for an automotive quality
belt. Some automotive belts have notches cut out of the inner surface,
perpendicular to the rotation of the belt, this allows the belt to bend
around tighter radius pulleys.

AKA "cog belt"

Cog belts are typically timing belts that engage a gear type pulley.
The notched I am talking look similar but are v-shaped and do not engage
teeth on a pulley.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 8 Dec 2016 10:01:37 -0500
Jack wrote:

Realist!

here is a real one

one machine that is not used often has belts and the belts tend
to get a memory of the pulley

when that rare occasion comes up that i use the machine the belts
are insisting on retaining their memory of the pulley

seems that link belts do well to eliminate this exact problem

the link belt design may not adapt to use as a bandsaw tire but
then again it might

but apparently no one has tried

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 8 Dec 2016 13:45:50 -0800, Electric Comet
wrote:

the link belt design may not adapt to use as a bandsaw tire but
then again it might

Good luck with that, but before you try I can guarantee it won't.
Posted to rec.woodworking

I was replacing belts that were attached in the 40's and 50's. These
are not only old, but old design. In one lathe the 'bearings' were in
open races. e.g. not in holders but loose. Just better than babbets.

So these are not modern by any means. Both lathes - metal tool grade and
wood lathe (oldest) run smooth. It takes a little time to run in the
belt and it forms to the V's in your wheels. One then takes out a link
to take out the added slack.

Martin

[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/8/2016 11:16 AM, Leon wrote:
On 12/8/2016 9:53 AM, Jack wrote:

Hmmm, didn't know link belts were less expensive. Seems stupid that
tool manufacturers would use more expensive, inferior v belts on their
expensive tools when they could be using cheap, but superior link belts.
Makes the mind boggle...

No, no, no, Automotive v-belts are not what you get with typical
machinery. Typically industrial v-belts are cheap, automotive v-belts
are typically 2~3 times more expensive but the quality is immediately
visable. Industrial are designed to work on less than desirable
applications. I was going to step up to either an automotive style or
link belt.

This is news to me. Generally "industrial" means high quality,
expensive, long lasting. I actually thought automotive fan belts were
cheap. I don't have a lot of experience buying belts for my tools, so
I'm certainly no expert. I bought a fan belt for my jointer once,
because I replaced the cabinet it sat on and needed a different length
belt. Had I known link belts were cheaper or even the same price, I
would have gone with that mainly because the length is adjustable. It's
a bit of a pain determining the correct length of a belt, and I'd assume
link belts would be the ticket.

Stick with what works. ;~) My old 1983 Craftsman contractors saw had
an industrial v-belt on it when I sold it about 16 years later and it
ran relatively smoothly.

Perhaps old belts run smoother than new belts? If my belts are anything,
they are old. On the other hand, I don't get how a belt weighing a few
ounces would make a 300-1000lb machine vibrate severely?

Or take your old belt to an auto supply and ask for an automotive
quality belt. Some automotive belts have notches cut out of the inner
surface, perpendicular to the rotation of the belt, this allows the belt
to bend around tighter radius pulleys.

I've seen those type of belts, but don't have any. Belt wise, I've been
happy with what has been working forever. If I ever need to replace one,
I just might go with a link belt. I see Harbor Freight has a 5' one for
$26. I guess I could get two 2 1/2' belts out of that. I'm still
thinking an automotive fan belt would be cheaper, but not sure.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/8/2016 4:45 PM, Electric Comet wrote:
On Thu, 8 Dec 2016 10:01:37 -0500
Jack wrote:

Realist!

here is a real one

one machine that is not used often has belts and the belts tend
to get a memory of the pulley
when that rare occasion comes up that i use the machine the belts
are insisting on retaining their memory of the pulley

seems that link belts do well to eliminate this exact problem

How do you know this, do you give them a quiz? Do you take the belt off
and see if it has the wrong shape memorized? What is the problem, is
your 4 oz belt making your 400lb machine severely vibrate?

the link belt design may not adapt to use as a bandsaw tire but
then again it might

A band saw tire is not a drive belt.

but apparently no one has tried

You could be the first. Let me know how that goes. I'm betting your
link belt "tire" will vibrate your socks off...
--
Jack
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity!
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/8/2016 11:44 AM, Leon wrote:
On 12/8/2016 10:29 AM, Jack wrote:

I don't know what my belts are made of. Whatever it is, it definitely
last a long long time. They look like standard, everyday fan belts.

Typically rubber with inner belts. It is hard to say how long they have
actually lasted with out an hour meter. In a protected environment they
will last for many many years depending on how much use they actually
get used. If they were being used every day for the past 60 years you
certainly would have replaced them at least a few times.

Absolutely. In an industrial environment a TS might run continuously
8-24 hours a day. Just guessing, but my table saw probably has less
than a few days actual use. Even a large project like a set of kitchen
cabinets the TS run time measures in minutes, not hours,days etc. Rather
than wear out, I guess the issue would be how long the material would
last with or without usage. I've seen rubber tires on bearings
completely disintegrate just setting in a drawer.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thursday, December 8, 2016 at 4:46:20 PM UTC-5, Electric Comet wrote:

the link belt design may not adapt to use as a bandsaw tire but
then again it might

Do you mean "may not adapt *for use on* a band saw tire"?

I can't imagine that you plan to use a link belt *as* a band saw tire.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Jack" wrote in message
news
How do you know this, do you give them a quiz? Do you take the belt off
and see if it has the wrong shape memorized? What is the problem, is your
4 oz belt making your 400lb machine severely vibrate?

It isn't that the belt is CAUSING the vibration but that it is transferring
vibration from somewhere else.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Electric Comet" wrote in message
news
when i find a bandsaw tire created using the same technique as a link
belt will let you know

no one has done it yet far as i know

There is a good reason they haven't; namely, it won't work. HTF would you
expect to run a bandsaw blade on a narrow, thick, rough belt?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/8/2016 9:53 AM, Jack wrote:

Hmmm, didn't know link belts were less expensive. Seems stupid that
tool manufacturers would use more expensive, inferior v belts on their
expensive tools when they could be using cheap, but superior link belts.
Makes the mind boggle...

No, no, no, Automotive v-belts are not what you get with typical
machinery. Typically industrial v-belts are cheap, automotive v-belts
are typically 2~3 times more expensive but the quality is immediately
visable. Industrial are designed to work on less than desirable
applications. I was going to step up to either an automotive style or
link belt.

This is news to me. Generally "industrial" means high quality,
expensive, long lasting.

Yeah I can see that. I retired from the automotive world and sold
thousands of belts. With dealerships we only carried top quality
automotive style belts. When I was very young I worked for an auto
supply store that carried automotive and industrial belts. A customer
brought a belt in that he wanted to match in size. It just so happened
the only fit was an industrial belt and I later learned that he put it
on a vehicle, the belt lasted about 3 weeks. Had he told me what it was
going on I would not have sold him a belt at all, we did not have an
automotive quality belt in stock.

I actually thought automotive fan belts were
cheap. I don't have a lot of experience buying belts for my tools, so
I'm certainly no expert. I bought a fan belt for my jointer once,
because I replaced the cabinet it sat on and needed a different length
belt. Had I known link belts were cheaper or even the same price, I
would have gone with that mainly because the length is adjustable. It's
a bit of a pain determining the correct length of a belt, and I'd assume
link belts would be the ticket.

Pricing is relative. With the dealerships back in the 80's Dayco belts
cost the dealer $14~$20. I suspect if you buy an industrial belt at a
industrial supply or like company the belt will also be expensive.
Industrial at the auto supply were about half the price of the
automotive. One of my vendors sold automotive lamps for cars and he
owned an airplane. When he bought air plane lamps from an aviation
supply the cost was 3~4 times the cost of what he sold the same lamp to
automobile dealerships.

Stick with what works. ;~) My old 1983 Craftsman contractors saw had
an industrial v-belt on it when I sold it about 16 years later and it
ran relatively smoothly.

Perhaps old belts run smoother than new belts? If my belts are anything,
they are old. On the other hand, I don't get how a belt weighing a few
ounces would make a 300-1000lb machine vibrate severely?

Think about how a 1 oz. wheel weight in the wrong place on a wheel makes
the whole car shake. Industrial belts are not as precision made and or
come in a variety of qualities, as automotive, they often have high
spots and wide spots. Automotive belts are pretty uniform in shape

Or take your old belt to an auto supply and ask for an automotive
quality belt. Some automotive belts have notches cut out of the inner
surface, perpendicular to the rotation of the belt, this allows the belt
to bend around tighter radius pulleys.

I've seen those type of belts, but don't have any. Belt wise, I've been
happy with what has been working forever. If I ever need to replace one,
I just might go with a link belt. I see Harbor Freight has a 5' one for
$26. I guess I could get two 2 1/2' belts out of that. I'm still
thinking an automotive fan belt would be cheaper, but not sure.

That is where I got my link belt and at the time it was a name brand
belt. That was surprising, you could buy the same brand at a number of
other places which is not the norm for Harbor Freight. Any way the
single belt was long enough to replace the two belts on my DP.

Keep in mind that link belts do stretch quite a bit after a bit of use,
I ended up having to remove a link after some use.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/9/2016 9:03 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Thursday, December 8, 2016 at 4:46:20 PM UTC-5, Electric Comet wrote:

the link belt design may not adapt to use as a bandsaw tire but
then again it might

Do you mean "may not adapt *for use on* a band saw tire"?

I can't imagine that you plan to use a link belt *as* a band saw tire.

Yeah, that really seems off base, not totally unlike considering the use
of a link belt in place of a car tire or a funnel in place of a wrench.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/9/2016 10:14 AM, dadiOH wrote:
"Electric Comet" wrote in message
news
when i find a bandsaw tire created using the same technique as a link
belt will let you know

no one has done it yet far as i know

There is a good reason they haven't; namely, it won't work. HTF would you
expect to run a bandsaw blade on a narrow, thick, rough belt?

;~) Some people make comments about things they have no clue about.
Like how using a peach to tune a guitar may be a better way. I wonder
if anyone has doe that? LOL
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message
On 12/9/2016 10:14 AM, dadiOH wrote:
"Electric Comet" wrote in message
news
when i find a bandsaw tire created using the same technique as a link
belt will let you know

no one has done it yet far as i know

There is a good reason they haven't; namely, it won't work. HTF would
you
expect to run a bandsaw blade on a narrow, thick, rough belt?

;~) Some people make comments about things they have no clue about. Like
how using a peach to tune a guitar may be a better way. I wonder if
anyone has doe that? LOL

Silly you, I have it on good authority that apples are always used.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Friday, December 9, 2016 at 12:31:28 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
On 12/9/2016 10:14 AM, dadiOH wrote:
"Electric Comet" wrote in message
news
when i find a bandsaw tire created using the same technique as a link
belt will let you know

no one has done it yet far as i know

There is a good reason they haven't; namely, it won't work. HTF would you
expect to run a bandsaw blade on a narrow, thick, rough belt?

;~) Some people make comments about things they have no clue about.
Like how using a peach to tune a guitar may be a better way. I wonder
if anyone has doe that? LOL

REO Speedwagon may have tried it. They've apparently tried weirder things.

http://e.snmc.io/lk/f/l/cf9e0134d439...db/1908819.jpg
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/9/2016 1:17 PM, dadiOH wrote:
"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message
On 12/9/2016 10:14 AM, dadiOH wrote:
"Electric Comet" wrote in message
news
when i find a bandsaw tire created using the same technique as a link
belt will let you know

no one has done it yet far as i know

There is a good reason they haven't; namely, it won't work. HTF would
you
expect to run a bandsaw blade on a narrow, thick, rough belt?

;~) Some people make comments about things they have no clue about. Like
how using a peach to tune a guitar may be a better way. I wonder if
anyone has doe that? LOL

Silly you, I have it on good authority that apples are always used.

Well that is common knowledge to many but not all. LOL