DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Delta 36-412 or 36-422L Miter Saw Recall (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/389338-delta-36-412-36-422l-miter-saw-recall.html)

-MIKE- January 18th 16 08:37 PM

Delta 36-412 or 36-422L Miter Saw Recall

Just a heads-up, if you have a Delta 36-412 or 36-422L miter saw,
they've issued a replacement recall due to a potentially serious design
flaw.

You can exchange it for a free Dewalt CMS.

Details in this PDF...
http://www.deltamachineryparts.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/20130827114245556.pdf

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Leon[_7_] January 18th 16 10:25 PM

On 1/18/2016 2:37 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
Just a heads-up, if you have a Delta 36-412 or 36-422L miter saw,
they've issued a replacement recall due to a potentially serious design
flaw.

You can exchange it for a free Dewalt CMS.

Details in this PDF...
http://www.deltamachineryparts.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/20130827114245556.pdf

No kidding, exchange a Delta for a DeWalt? I guess Delta no longer
makes miter saws...

I have an old Delta, I'll have to check the model. It has a TERRIBLE
blade guard that I probably broke and repaired with JM Weld 3~4 times.

Missed it.... Mine is a 36-230.

-MIKE- January 19th 16 12:21 AM

On 1/18/16 4:25 PM, Leon wrote:
On 1/18/2016 2:37 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
Just a heads-up, if you have a Delta 36-412 or 36-422L miter saw,
they've issued a replacement recall due to a potentially serious design
flaw.

You can exchange it for a free Dewalt CMS.

Details in this PDF...
http://www.deltamachineryparts.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/20130827114245556.pdf

No kidding, exchange a Delta for a DeWalt? I guess Delta no longer
makes miter saws...

I have an old Delta, I'll have to check the model. It has a TERRIBLE
blade guard that I probably broke and repaired with JM Weld 3~4 times.

Missed it.... Mine is a 36-230.

You'd get a DeWalt DWS780 double bevel sliding CMS!
I found out about it because I'm looking for a part for my Delta 36-322.
Just about every part is the same as the 422, so it makes me worry a bit.

That Dewalt is a nice freakin saw... would've been nice.
Love my Delta, though.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Mike Marlow[_5_] January 19th 16 12:26 AM

Leon wrote:

I have an old Delta, I'll have to check the model. It has a TERRIBLE
blade guard that I probably broke and repaired with JM Weld 3~4 times.

Guessing you mean JB Weld? Man - I've never had any luck with that
stuff. Everyone I know who's used it loves the stuff, so I must just be
jinxed when it comes to using it.

--
-Mike-

Electric Comet January 19th 16 03:17 AM

Delta 36-412 or 36-422L Miter Saw Recall

On Mon, 18 Jan 2016 14:37:20 -0600
-MIKE- wrote:

http://www.deltamachineryparts.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/20130827114245556.pdf

looks a little old
make sure dewalt does not give you one of their CMS that was also recalled

-MIKE- January 19th 16 04:01 AM

-MIKE- wrote:

http://www.deltamachineryparts.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/20130827114245556.pdf

looks a little old
make sure dewalt does not give you one of their CMS that was also recalled

You obviously studied reading comprehension at the same time as
punctuation.
Congratulations on becoming our latest troll.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

[email protected] September 24th 17 02:05 AM

Delta 36-412 or 36-422L Miter Saw Recall

Hey I just noticed the recall. Is it still valid? It's been a great Saw but if there is a flaw I would love to get an upgrade

Leon[_7_] September 24th 17 03:11 PM

On 9/23/2017 8:05 PM, wrote:
Hey I just noticed the recall. Is it still valid? It's been a great Saw but if there is a flaw I would love to get an upgrade

Contact Delta.

Spalted Walt September 24th 17 03:50 PM

wrote:

Hey I just noticed the recall. Is it still valid?

Yes:
http://www.deltamachineryparts.com/w...7114245556.pdf

It's been a great Saw but if there is a flaw I would love to get an upgrade

Dr wood April 10th 21 12:31 AM

Delta 36-412 or 36-422L Miter Saw Recall

34-412 miter box delta is recall still in affect

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...ll-793543-.htm