Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Ping Swingman

Thank you for your links for some of the work you have done. I was
going through your cabinetry work as I am in the process of redoing my
Kitchen, and updating features as well.

I noticed in 2008, in a rather fine home, that the wall cabinets
appeared to come out the full width of the Soffit, not counting the
one over the desk. And that you put molding on the cabinets as well.

I was considering doing the same thing, for a couple reasons, one
being the extra inch in storage. I noticed in my home that the
soffit's were not particularly straight so that molding would be
required to keep the eye from seeing that.

I was wondering if that was part of your reasoning for using the
molding there as well, and any other ideas you had regarding the
installation of those cabinets.

It is the home that also has crown molding above the cabinetry as
well.

The other thing which is OT for sure, is your Swing Country Band, do
you have video's of garage sessions, even to just kick back hanging
and playing? I enjoy swing of all types, never heard "country" though.
Swing bands out here played mainly to the young but it seems a huge
bunch of old codger's attended your gig's. A lot of bands grow out of
garage vid's as they can develop quite a following as well as people
seeing the interaction of the sessions develop a family type
familiarity with the artists.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/23/2015 3:57 PM, No Pet wrote:
[...]

I built the house, and designed, built and installed the kitchen, so I
had a lot of control over all the elements and how they fit together,
from framing the house, to the trim on the cabinets.

Perhaps if you see the completed, and populated, open kitchen concept I
envisioned at the time, as an single entity, it will give you a better
understanding of why the crown molding, and cabinet molding was done as
it was:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...8?noredirect=1

The idea was both separate, and tie together, the living area and the
kitchen space.

I don't know how well I accomplished that, but the house sold, with
three bids on it, immediately ... and this was 2008.

The other thing which is OT for sure, is your Swing Country Band, do
you have video's of garage sessions, even to just kick back hanging
and playing? I enjoy swing of all types, never heard "country" though.
Swing bands out here played mainly to the young but it seems a huge
bunch of old codger's attended your gig's. A lot of bands grow out of
garage vid's as they can develop quite a following as well as people
seeing the interaction of the sessions develop a family type
familiarity with the artists.

We never rehearsed. LOL

However, there are some videos on YouTube of WRB playing the West Texas
Western Swing Festival in Snyder, Texas, which we did for a number of years.

They were taken with a single camera from the house mixing position in
the audience, so you can't see audience, or the dance floor full of
hundreds of folks from all over the world who come to dance to that
particular type of music.

This is my youtube channel, so you should be able to find them he

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGR...KuwmgZWgy5Ufqg

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:

Swing bands out here played mainly to the young but it seems a huge
bunch of old codger's attended your gig's. A lot of bands grow out of
garage vid's as they can develop quite a following as well as people
seeing the interaction of the sessions develop a family type
familiarity with the artists.

We never rehearsed. LOL

Wouldn't do any good for a drummer to rehearse anyway (:

Ping Swingman Gramps' shop Woodworking 4 August 28th 13 04:16 PM
Ping: Swingman GarageWoodworks Woodworking 0 April 18th 11 02:59 AM
Ping: Swingman [OT] Morris Dovey Woodworking 13 May 23rd 10 12:36 PM
Ping Swingman Upscale Woodworking 1 September 21st 09 11:31 PM
ping swingman SHOPDOG Woodworking 1 March 6th 08 08:42 PM