Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Triton TRC 001 Router

On Sat, 26 Sep 2015 08:42:52 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 9/26/2015 8:07 AM, krw wrote:
On Fri, 25 Sep 2015 22:33:58 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 9/25/2015 4:54 PM, Electric Comet wrote:
On Fri, 25 Sep 2015 15:54:06 -0500
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

That would be very boring. Remove two 1.5" long screws, remove the
cap and lift the speed control off, disconnect the three electrical
push pull connectors. There would almost be more to see watching me
move router from the router table to the work bench. ;~)

are tear-downs not boring
has that stopped anyone from watching them
they get an amazing number of views

Yeah, I'm not one that wants to get into that. Too much time to invest
and equipment.

Festool doesn't make camera equipment, either. ;-)

Yeah! the odds would be stacked against me. ;~)

Really, the equipment isn't expensive but I'd have no interest in
doing this either.

Time would be the biggest expense. Take 43, walking out into the shop
and greeting the audience. ;~) I have put a couple of videos up showing
a few things I do, on Flickr. But I don't want to clean the shop up, or
put in music that will appeal to 25% of the audience. Or spend my time
answering questions to the YouTube world.

the entertainment factor was not the reason
the reason is that more eyes get to have a look

I considered that but once the top cap was off it was surprisingly
clean inside. Just a touch of dust. The speed control module is a
housed circuit board and heat sink with a dark resin sealing it all
in.

if it is potted than there is not much to do

I'm guessing it is potted...

NO! Where did you see one???? ;~)

the festool of soldering irons is the metcal
they also are very quiet

Oh... ;~)

Metcals were nice ten years ago. I gave mine away after I used one of
the new Wellers (and they're about half the price). When you're
soldering components that are as small as .5mm x 1mm, or even smaller
the tools matter.

I had an old Radio Shack trigger model that finally gave up. I have
never had any thing tiny for little circuits. I had a larger iron that
I used for soldering stained glass and I have an old one that my father
used with Western Electric back in the 40's, it's about 14" long.

I see your point, it's hard enough to focus everything that needs to
be done, videoing the project would just cause distractions that cause
mistakes. It would be one thing if your wife wanted to take up making
videos, but she seems involved enough with her own projects. You seem
to be doing well with what your doing so why screw it up with trying
to focus on more then the project.

Mike M

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

This all started seriously as a hobby as a get away from the stressful
job. Then I said enough is enough and retired and focused on enjoying
woodworking. Then I started selling my work. I am certainly not making
a living doing this but I am not going after it either. My customers
come to me and often from multiple level referrals, the best kind of
customer. New customers often come to me sold on my quality and the
ability to fill a need. I'm happy to share but I'm not going to bend
over backwards to do so.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, September 26, 2015 at 12:47:00 AM UTC+10, Leon wrote:
11 years ago I bought a Triton 3.5 hp router to hang in my router table.
It has worked flawlessly up until a couple of days ago.

It has variable speed electronic feed back to regulate the speed.
Anyway the router was operating at a lower speed setting and suddenly it
went to full speed. Turning the speed control dial had no immediate
effect but eventually the router went back to the set speed with no
other issues. It has done this every time since that day. I use this
router to spin raised panel bits but do not want the router to go full
speed speed when do int that.

Anyway locating a replacement part is looking difficult.

In the event I have to replace this router, what are y'all using to spin
big bits in a router table.

The Triton has VS, fine and coarse depth control, above the table bit
changes, and plenty of power to spin those large bits. I would like to
have the same features.

I have the same issue. Did you find a solution to your problem?