Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Record planes

I have three Record planes that have never been used and I would like to
sell them.
An 03, an 06 and an 07. Still in original boxes.
Was wondering about price, suggestions?

Max
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/4/2015 10:36 AM, Max wrote:
I have three Record planes that have never been used and I would like to
sell them.
An 03, an 06 and an 07. Still in original boxes.
Was wondering about price, suggestions?

Max

put them up on EBAY and the market will determine the price.

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/4/2015 10:36 AM, Max wrote:
I have three Record planes that have never been used and I would like to
sell them.
An 03, an 06 and an 07. Still in original boxes.
Was wondering about price, suggestions?

Max

They could have been made in the 1930's. Do you have the original
receipts? If you do, in spite of the dramatic depreciation over the
years I'd be willing to buy them. Unlike the other cheap SOBs here, I'd
pay 50% of the original price.

Start here for some idea of price.
http://www.record-planes.com/record-...-smooth-plane/

Posted to rec.woodworking

Max wrote in news:5597ef4b$0$44781$c3e8da3$dd9697d2
@news.astraweb.com:

I have three Record planes that have never been used and I would like to
sell them.
An 03, an 06 and an 07. Still in original boxes.
Was wondering about price, suggestions?

I dunno if Record planes have any collectible value in the
US. As a UK brand, there's likely to be more interest there.

It's my perception that, during Stanley's drek era, Record
planes held their quality. So even if these are 70's, 80's,
or 90's vintage planes they're likely to be very servicable
users.

Google points me to a UK site he http://www.record-planes.com/

Woodchucker's idea of putting them on Ebay and seeing what
interest you get seems simplest.

John
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/4/2015 11:02 AM, John McCoy wrote:
Max wrote in news:5597ef4b$0$44781$c3e8da3$dd9697d2
@news.astraweb.com:

I have three Record planes that have never been used and I would like to
sell them.
An 03, an 06 and an 07. Still in original boxes.
Was wondering about price, suggestions?

I dunno if Record planes have any collectible value in the
US. As a UK brand, there's likely to be more interest there.

It's my perception that, during Stanley's drek era, Record
planes held their quality. So even if these are 70's, 80's,
or 90's vintage planes they're likely to be very servicable
users.

Google points me to a UK site he http://www.record-planes.com/

Woodchucker's idea of putting them on Ebay and seeing what
interest you get seems simplest.

John

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 07/05/2015 9:09 AM, Max wrote:

Woodchucker's idea of putting them on Ebay and seeing what
interest you get seems simplest.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

Do some looking for what they're bringing firstest _before_ just making
a blind listing, however.

Record's in good shape should do reasonably well; having original boxes
assuming are in good shape makes towards the collector side rather than
just used, utilitarian. Again, if you can date them as being older
rather than newer is better...

Posted to rec.woodworking

Woodchucker's idea of putting them on Ebay and seeing what
interest you get seems simplest.

John

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

Max,
if you put these on ebay would you be so kind as to post item #'s here (if
that is not against the group charter).
I would be interested in all three provided you would be willing to ship to
England.
I regularly use & have a small collection of Record hand planes. These could
be useful to me.

Thanks,
Nick.

FS Record Planes RayV Woodworking 2 March 29th 07 05:01 AM
FYI: NEW Record hand planes? AAvK Woodworking 1 April 2nd 06 11:52 PM
Record Shoulder planes imgoingin Woodworking 0 January 9th 06 03:18 AM
Record Shoulder planes imgoingin Woodworking 0 January 9th 06 03:13 AM
Record Hand Planes Sanford Woodworking 8 October 16th 04 06:43 AM