Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Router table tenon sled with dust collection

.... sort of.

https://youtu.be/8e3bShuS_yU
(1:45 long)

After cutting 2 tenons I had made an impressive amount of dust. I
stopped to vacuum some of it away with a mini shop vac. It struck me
that since the sled already had a plexiglas guard, I could probably
quickly jury-rig it so the vacuum would suck away most of the dust while
I routed the tenons.

About the only flaw was that when pushed forward, the slot in the sled
extended over the edge of the router table, allowing some of the chips
to fall through. I clamped a piece of wood onto the table to extend the
table a few inches, and taped over the end of the slot for good measure.
After that, about the only dust the escaped was through the "bit hole"
in the router table, but that wasn't a great deal.

---