Posted to rec.woodworking

Default stand up desk

krw writes:
On Thu, 18 Jun 2015 20:12:56 -0700, "Lew Hodgett"
wrote:

John McCoy wrote:
Doggone, blonde or brunette I'm jealous.

On a serious note, I have enough trouble typing when I'm
stationary. I can't see doing it while also walking
along the treadmill.

John

SFWIW, the gym I use as a matter of policy, does not allow
treadmills.

To many accidents, as a result of people falling off of
them resulting in serious, sometimes fatal, injuries.

But of course. It is Kalifornia.

There are treadmills in gyms in california. Just because
one chain prefers, as a matter of policy, not to have them
shouldn't imply anything about the state, except to nutcases
like krw.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 18 Jun 2015 22:12:54 -0500
Martin Eastburn wrote:

Drafting tables are naturals.

this is a good point and you can stand or sit at one

Posted to rec.woodworking

Martin Eastburn wrote:

Drafting tables are naturals.

Spent a lot of hours slinging lead on a table built with a 2"
thin wall pipe frame, some angle iron and a 5' x 10' sheet
of plywood.

Typical layout drawing was about 20-30 ft long so you had the leading
and trailing edges often rolled up when working the middle of the
drawing.

This was for 1/4 size layout drawings for foundry automation systems
with an occasional sheet steel pickling line thrown in to keep busy.

My guess is that none of those customers are even in business
any more.

This was basic rust-belt business.

Lew

G&G Desk [email protected] Woodworking 0 August 31st 14 04:19 AM
Desk Jim Hall[_3_] Woodworking Plans and Photos 18 October 23rd 09 03:10 AM
2x Desk (2/2) Mark Johnson Woodworking Plans and Photos 14 July 1st 07 03:03 AM
Frugal desk at stand up height? [email protected] Woodworking 14 April 12th 06 06:34 PM
Tool Stand from Trashed Desk Lawrence L'Hote Woodworking 7 February 2nd 05 05:16 PM