Posted to rec.woodworking

Default joinery techniques

i guess they are making frames for walls and doing a test fit

https://www.youtu.be/embed/Y1oMZKYuSI8

that is an amazing joint they're fitting there

looks like they are a production shop for pre-built homes and by hand
to boot

looks like fir or redwood

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 5 May 2015 08:27:15 -0700
Electric Comet wrote:

another nice one splicing two beams
that is a beautiful joint there

i see a jointer in the background so they do utilize some machinery
but the joints are cut by hand

https://www.youtu.be/embed/W1pvUlQgYtk

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/5/2015 10:27 AM, Electric Comet wrote:

i guess they are making frames for walls and doing a test fit

https://www.youtu.be/embed/Y1oMZKYuSI8

that is an amazing joint they're fitting there

looks like they are a production shop for pre-built homes and by hand
to boot

looks like fir or redwood

I'm getting a refusal by my protection software with both of your links.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote:

I'm getting a refusal by my protection software with both of your
links.

That makes two of us.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote:

I'm getting a refusal by my protection software with both of your
links.

That makes two of us.

Me to - at first glance it looks like youtube, but it's actually
youtu.be - maybe some scuzzy scammer trying to infect hosts with malware?

--
Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaska

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote:

I'm getting a refusal by my protection software with both of your
links.

That makes two of us.

Me to - at first glance it looks like youtube, but it's actually
youtu.be - maybe some scuzzy scammer trying to infect hosts with malware?

There is nothing spammy about youtub.be

Google introduced youtub.be to shorten youtube links by letting you leave out the .com/watch?v= characters. The shorter the better for twitter.

http://www.geek.com/news/google-unve...cters-1029511/
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote:

I'm getting a refusal by my protection software with both of your
links.
That makes two of us.

Me to - at first glance it looks like youtube, but it's actually
youtu.be - maybe some scuzzy scammer trying to infect hosts with malware?

There is nothing spammy about youtub.be

Google introduced youtub.be to shorten youtube links by letting you leave out the .com/watch?v= characters. The shorter the better for twitter.

http://www.geek.com/news/google-unve...cters-1029511/

BTW...I was not implying that EC's link are any good, just that I don't think it has anything to do with the youtu.be section.

If you enter youtu.be in your address bar, you should be redirected to youtube.com.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 05/05/2015 03:23 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

There is nothing spammy about youtub.be

Google introduced youtub.be to shorten youtube links by letting you
leave out the .com/watch?v= characters. The shorter the better for
twitter.

http://www.geek.com/news/google-unve...cters-1029511/

BTW...I was not implying that EC's link are any good, just that I
don't think it has anything to do with the youtu.be section.

If you enter youtu.be in your address bar, you should be redirected
to youtube.com.

Ah - thanks for the clarification. With some many phishing emails out
there doing "clever" things to URLs I'm a bit jaded I'm afraid.
Good to know the domain is not a scam. Links don't work, but that's
apparently a different issue...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaska
http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
"In the history of the world, no one has ever washed a rented car."
- Lawrence Summers
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/5/2015 5:06 PM, Leon wrote:
On 5/5/2015 10:27 AM, Electric Comet wrote:

i guess they are making frames for walls and doing a test fit

https://www.youtu.be/embed/Y1oMZKYuSI8

that is an amazing joint they're fitting there

looks like they are a production shop for pre-built homes and by hand
to boot

looks like fir or redwood

I'm getting a refusal by my protection software with both of your links.

If in doubt, manually direct your browser to www.youtube.com, and search
for Y1oMZKYuSI8

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 11 May 2015 22:39:21 -0700, OFWW wrote:

On Tue, 05 May 2015 22:41:42 -0400, Larry Kraus wrote:

On 5/5/2015 5:06 PM, Leon wrote:
On 5/5/2015 10:27 AM, Electric Comet wrote:

i guess they are making frames for walls and doing a test fit

https://www.youtu.be/embed/Y1oMZKYuSI8

that is an amazing joint they're fitting there

looks like they are a production shop for pre-built homes and by hand
to boot

looks like fir or redwood

I'm getting a refusal by my protection software with both of your links.

If in doubt, manually direct your browser to www.youtube.com, and search
for Y1oMZKYuSI8

This fails. At the original URL it shows a security certificate flaw on
both links.

It works for me. Try opening this link. It is some amazing joinery.
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ry=Y1oMZKYuSI8

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/5/2015 5:06 PM, Leon wrote:
On 5/5/2015 10:27 AM, Electric Comet wrote:

i guess they are making frames for walls and doing a test fit

https://www.youtu.be/embed/Y1oMZKYuSI8

that is an amazing joint they're fitting there

looks like they are a production shop for pre-built homes and by hand
to boot

looks like fir or redwood

I'm getting a refusal by my protection software with both of your links.

If in doubt, manually direct your browser to www.youtube.com, and search
for Y1oMZKYuSI8

This fails. At the original URL it shows a security certificate flaw on
both links.

What worked for me was to google for "Y1oMZKYuSI8", to yield
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1oMZKYuSI8.

Well worth watching.

Joe Gwinn
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 12 May 2015 01:20:26 -0500
Jerry Osage wrote:

It works for me. Try opening this link. It is some amazing joinery.

i would not cover that framing with drywall

i need to find the joint they use in the corners

it would be an interesting technique for a book case or some other
furniture