Posted to rec.woodworking

Default corporsate stupidity - again

I recently bought a medicated mouthwash product and found they had
changed the taste. Not to my liking - tasted awful. So I went to their
site and sent an email complaining and asking if the old product was
still available. I got back the obligatory "your opinions are important"
form letter. The next day I got another (form?) letter offering me a
coupon so I could go get *more* of the product I didn't like!

I sent another email asking if they realized just how stupid that made
them look. So far, no response to that one :-).

This has happened to me before with other companies - seems to be the
standard procedure now.

Ah well, at least some of you will get a chuckle out of it.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/30/2015 1:30 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
I recently bought a medicated mouthwash product and found they had
changed the taste. Not to my liking - tasted awful. So I went to their
site and sent an email complaining and asking if the old product was
still available. I got back the obligatory "your opinions are important"
form letter. The next day I got another (form?) letter offering me a
coupon so I could go get *more* of the product I didn't like!

I sent another email asking if they realized just how stupid that made
them look. So far, no response to that one :-).

This has happened to me before with other companies - seems to be the
standard procedure now.

Ah well, at least some of you will get a chuckle out of it.

It is all about the bottom line.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thursday, April 30, 2015 at 2:30:29 PM UTC-4, Larry Blanchard wrote:
I recently bought a medicated mouthwash product and found they had
changed the taste. Not to my liking - tasted awful. So I went to their
site and sent an email complaining and asking if the old product was
still available. I got back the obligatory "your opinions are important"
form letter. The next day I got another (form?) letter offering me a
coupon so I could go get *more* of the product I didn't like!

I sent another email asking if they realized just how stupid that made
them look. So far, no response to that one :-).

This has happened to me before with other companies - seems to be the
standard procedure now.

Ah well, at least some of you will get a chuckle out of it.

Some will chuckle, others will say...

"The old product is no longer available, so they offered you a coupon to help lessen the "pain" of having to switch. They didn't have to do even that and it doesn't make them stupid."

Posted to rec.woodworking

I did that with a Pet Food Company.
My cat does not always like the product they sell, and I wonder who could
blame him?
I tried, and now add hot water to the food, to make it palatable....
So, I said, that with all the adds, and such, the cat does not like the
food.
They said, their test cats love the food. and sent me complimentary coupons
to buy more of the same.....
hummm?
john

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message ...

I recently bought a medicated mouthwash product and found they had
changed the taste. Not to my liking - tasted awful. So I went to their
site and sent an email complaining and asking if the old product was
still available. I got back the obligatory "your opinions are important"
form letter. The next day I got another (form?) letter offering me a
coupon so I could go get *more* of the product I didn't like!

I sent another email asking if they realized just how stupid that made
them look. So far, no response to that one :-).

This has happened to me before with other companies - seems to be the
standard procedure now.

Ah well, at least some of you will get a chuckle out of it.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/30/2015 2:10 PM, Leon wrote:
On 4/30/2015 1:30 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
I recently bought a medicated mouthwash product and found they had
changed the taste. Not to my liking - tasted awful. So I went to their
site and sent an email complaining and asking if the old product was
still available. I got back the obligatory "your opinions are important"
form letter. The next day I got another (form?) letter offering me a
coupon so I could go get *more* of the product I didn't like!

I sent another email asking if they realized just how stupid that made
them look. So far, no response to that one :-).

This has happened to me before with other companies - seems to be the
standard procedure now.

Ah well, at least some of you will get a chuckle out of it.

It is ONLY about the bottom line.

^^^^

fify

--