Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Dewalt dw733 planer

On Sunday, March 21, 2004 12:04:29 AM UTC-4, ken wrote:
Anyone use a Dewalt dw733 benchtop planer?
Opinion?
Thanks,
ken

I recently purchased one of these units used. However, it did not have blades; or attaching bolts (4 present); and one of the Binder Blades were warped in the middle! I've ordered replacement blades and another Binder Blade and I have enough bolts to put this thing back together.
My problem is I really don't know how to ADJUST the blades when installing. Do the magnetic blocks actually make this easier? Also ... does the sharp edge point towards me or away from me when installing? Sorry about these type of questions, but the videos I look at on You Tube are of poor quality and it's hard to see through everyones arms and heads. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Mike

DeWalt DW733 planer *thunk* - update & question [email protected] Woodworking 11 March 24th 09 04:06 AM
DeWalt Planer Ellestad Woodworking 12 September 6th 06 07:39 PM
Chatter at end of cut DeWalt Planner DW733. W. Kirk Crawford Woodworking 5 March 18th 05 03:37 AM
Some chater at the end of cut, DeWalt Planner DW733. W. Kirk Crawford Woodworking 0 March 12th 05 11:17 PM
How do you like your new Dewalt planer? Jane & David Woodworking 10 December 16th 04 07:54 PM