DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Looking an "Older Style" Unifence Cursor (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/371185-looking-older-style-unifence-cursor.html)

[email protected] May 24th 14 08:05 PM

Looking an "Older Style" Unifence Cursor

I just broke my last Unifence Cursor. The illustration of the ones listed on eReplacements are not like mine. I'm assuming that I have an older style fence that required a slightly different cursor.

On the "newer style", the cursor is attached with vertical screws. On mine, the screws are horizontal - facing the front of the saw.

Does anyone either 1) have one of these - and is willing to sell it, or 2) know where it is available?

Thanks ...
Joel

Sonny May 24th 14 09:30 PM

On Saturday, May 24, 2014 2:05:59 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I just broke my last Unifence Cursor.
On the "newer style", the cursor is attached with vertical screws. On mine, the screws are horizontal - facing the front of the saw.
Does anyone either 1) have one of these - and is willing to sell it, or 2) know where it is available?

Joel

Make one. I have both the old and new Unifence. My old cursor broke, $9 + shipping for a replacement, 10-15 yrs ago. I made one out of a small plastic box/container, the kind that holds screws, finishing nails, sewing pins, etc. Carve/trim the box to fit, score lines on the face for the reference marks, highlight the score marks with a pencil.

In this pic, mine was made from a fairly thick(?) walled container, similar to the sewing pin container, shown. The sewing pin container is kinna thin walled, so search for a box with thick(?) walls & face. https://www.flickr.com/photos/43836144@N04/14280702853/

Sonny

Sonny May 24th 14 10:01 PM

On Saturday, May 24, 2014 3:30:26 PM UTC-5, Sonny wrote:
... search for a box with thick(?) walls & face.

Come to think of it, screws, nails, etc. may not come in those plastic containers, anymore. I may have used a fish hook container, back then.

That kind of clear plastic has gotten dull, cloudy looking, over time, so sometimes I have to look close to see my alignments, but it works just fine.

Sonny

woodchucker[_3_] May 25th 14 01:10 AM

On 5/24/2014 3:05 PM, wrote:
I just broke my last Unifence Cursor. The illustration of the ones listed on eReplacements are not like mine. I'm assuming that I have an older style fence that required a slightly different cursor.

On the "newer style", the cursor is attached with vertical screws. On mine, the screws are horizontal - facing the front of the saw.

Does anyone either 1) have one of these - and is willing to sell it, or 2) know where it is available?

Thanks ...
Joel

Can't you just take a piece of plexiglass or lexan?
Drill it, and scribe it. Once scribed use a red sharpie to fill the
scribe line.

--
Jeff

Waterloo Structures May 29th 14 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (Post 3239903)
I just broke my last Unifence Cursor. The illustration of the ones listed on eReplacements are not like mine. I'm assuming that I have an older style fence that required a slightly different cursor.

On the "newer style", the cursor is attached with vertical screws. On mine, the screws are horizontal - facing the front of the saw.

Does anyone either 1) have one of these - and is willing to sell it, or 2) know where it is available?

Thanks ...
Joel

I have a similar one but I won't sell it...it's working perfectly