DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   I need to make a chisel plane (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/366870-i-need-make-chisel-plane.html)

woodchucker[_3_] January 23rd 14 08:24 PM

I need to make a chisel plane

I have a router bit that does door faces, contemporary
I need to clean it up to remove scallops.. thought about sanding but
would rather start with a plane.

I don't have a plane with a 1.25 width.

I am thinking of making a chisel plane, a rabbeting plane to get to the
edges. I think I want bevel down, but the problem is that my chisels
all taper, and are beveled.

Am I better of setting the back and doing a bevel up?
Any one else make a chisel plane. Looking to do this quickly to finish
the faces..
I only did a test cut for now.
Trying different styles of door/drawer faces.

--
Jeff

SonomaProducts.com January 23rd 14 11:16 PM

I need to make a chisel plane

On Thursday, January 23, 2014 12:24:04 PM UTC-8, woodchucker wrote:
I have a router bit that does door faces, contemporary

I need to clean it up to remove scallops.. thought about sanding but

would rather start with a plane.

I don't have a plane with a 1.25 width.

I am thinking of making a chisel plane, a rabbeting plane to get to the

edges. I think I want bevel down, but the problem is that my chisels

all taper, and are beveled.

Am I better of setting the back and doing a bevel up?

Any one else make a chisel plane. Looking to do this quickly to finish

the faces..

I only did a test cut for now.

Trying different styles of door/drawer faces.

--

Jeff

Huh? I would just buy something from Festool that makes lots of noise and dust and stuff. Should fix you right up for just a few hun.

willshak January 24th 14 04:41 PM

I need to make a chisel plane

I tried to make a chisel plane once, but I couldn't get it to fly. :-)

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

woodchucker[_3_] January 24th 14 05:21 PM

I need to make a chisel plane

On 1/24/2014 11:41 AM, willshak wrote:
I tried to make a chisel plane once, but I couldn't get it to fly. :-)

must have been the low aspect ratio wing, and high weight.

--
Jeff

Jim Weisgram[_2_] January 27th 14 09:02 PM

I need to make a chisel plane

http://www.finewoodworking.com/woodw...sel-plane.aspx