DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Wood for roof cupola (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/366019-wood-roof-cupola.html)

[email protected] January 3rd 14 01:21 PM

Wood for roof cupola

What wood is the best for outside roof cupola? The cupola will be painted white.

G. Ross January 3rd 14 02:17 PM

Wood for roof cupola

wrote:
What wood is the best for outside roof cupola? The cupola will be painted white.

1--Treated pine. Leave it outdoors a month or so before painting.

2--Cypress

3--Redwood or Eastern red cedar.

Just my opinion

--
 GW Ross

 I'm setting my phaser on 'tickle.'

G. Ross January 3rd 14 02:20 PM

Wood for roof cupola

G. Ross wrote:
wrote:
What wood is the best for outside roof cupola? The cupola will be painted white.

1--Treated pine. Leave it outdoors a month or so before painting.

2--Cypress

3--Redwood or Eastern red cedar.

Just my opinion

And aluminum nails or SS screws.

[email protected] January 3rd 14 05:21 PM

Wood for roof cupola

On Fri, 03 Jan 2014 09:20:02 -0500, "G. Ross"
wrote:

G. Ross wrote:
wrote:
What wood is the best for outside roof cupola? The cupola will be painted white.

1--Treated pine. Leave it outdoors a month or so before painting.

2--Cypress

3--Redwood or Eastern red cedar.

Just my opinion

And aluminum nails or SS screws.

Years ago I would have used Douglas Fir.
Today I'd likely use cedar. I hate PT wood for ANYTHING.

Might even be tempted to do it with vinyl and not need to paint it.

Mike Marlow[_2_] January 3rd 14 05:28 PM

Wood for roof cupola

G. Ross wrote:
wrote:
What wood is the best for outside roof cupola? The cupola will be
painted white.

1--Treated pine. Leave it outdoors a month or so before painting.

2--Cypress

3--Redwood or Eastern red cedar.

Just my opinion

Might be a good suggestion, but I would have to ask where the poster is
located.

--

-Mike-

Leon[_7_] January 3rd 14 06:59 PM

Wood for roof cupola

On 1/3/2014 7:21 AM, wrote:
What wood is the best for outside roof cupola? The cupola will be painted white.

The most trouble free might not be wood at all, maybe something like a
compost like Trex.