DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Turning Bowls, on the Table saw and the Router Table (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/365572-turning-bowls-table-saw-router-table.html)

Leon[_7_] December 21st 13 11:04 PM

Turning Bowls, on the Table saw and the Router Table

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLaQyNSFwuU

Bill[_47_] December 21st 13 11:36 PM

Leon wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLaQyNSFwuU

So much to see. Did anyone notice the whistling? : )

woodchucker[_3_] December 22nd 13 02:43 AM

On 12/21/2013 6:04 PM, Leon wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLaQyNSFwuU

Thanks, that was cool.

Very interesting design. Looks well engineered.
I like that it can cross hatch or flute...

--
Jeff

WW[_2_] December 22nd 13 04:45 AM

"Bill" wrote in message ...

Leon wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLaQyNSFwuU

So much to see. Did anyone notice the whistling? : )

I did. WW

Bill[_47_] December 22nd 13 04:53 AM

WW wrote:

"Bill" wrote in message ...
Leon wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLaQyNSFwuU

So much to see. Did anyone notice the whistling? : )

I did. WW

Thanks, I wasn't sure whether Johnny Paycheck was setting up in the next
room.
But I sure thought I heard whistling. Waitress, please bring me a
beer! I'm going bowling tonight.

Larry W[_3_] December 22nd 13 03:09 PM

Turning Bowls, on the Table saw and the Router Table

In article ,
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLaQyNSFwuU

Absolutely amazing and a real treat to watch it being used. I started
smiling and laughing about 30 seconds into the video and the grin didn't
leave my face til it was over.

--
Often wrong, never in doubt.

G. Ross December 22nd 13 03:22 PM

Leon wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLaQyNSFwuU

Looks a little scary to me.

--
 GW Ross

 The way to a man's heart is through
 his back.

Leon[_7_] December 22nd 13 03:28 PM

On 12/22/2013 9:09 AM, Larry W wrote:
In article ,
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLaQyNSFwuU

Absolutely amazing and a real treat to watch it being used. I started
smiling and laughing about 30 seconds into the video and the grin didn't
leave my face til it was over.

They guy was really thinking outside the box, taking the concept of cove
cutting on the TS several steps further.

woodchucker[_3_] December 22nd 13 03:43 PM

On 12/22/2013 10:22 AM, G. Ross wrote:
Leon wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLaQyNSFwuU

Looks a little scary to me.

Not at all.
The jig keeps your hands away.
When clearing the bowl out it covers the blade so you are covered there.
Yes kick back can occur, stand on the outfeed side.

The concept is actually safer than a lathe. It's just as easy for a tool
to grab the wood and cause the tool to fly.
Or it's easy for a lathe to cause the wood to fracture and fly.

I was impressed with the level of flexibility... including the gear that
allows designing the bowls with etchings.

This was just way cool.

--
Jeff

Bill[_47_] December 22nd 13 06:23 PM

Larry W wrote:
In article ,
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLaQyNSFwuU

Absolutely amazing and a real treat to watch it being used. I started
smiling and laughing about 30 seconds into the video and the grin didn't
leave my face til it was over.

Yes, that's the "happiest" woodworking video ever. I've watched it at
least 5 times and have caught myself starting to whistle along! My
compliments to the artist!