DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   an ah ha moment (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/363629-ah-ha-moment.html)

woodchucker[_3_] November 2nd 13 01:31 AM

an ah ha moment

I was grinding something tonight and the wheel on the 4 1/2 grinder was
not true, it was bouncing around like crazy.. I didn't think I could
true a wheel, but I took my diamond dresser for a bench grinder and
trued the fiber impregnated wheel. It worked great.. I didn't think the
impregnated wheels could be trued, but it was worth a try since I didn't
have a new wheel available.

Hope that helps someone.
--
Jeff

Mike Marlow[_2_] November 2nd 13 01:44 AM

an ah ha moment

woodchucker wrote:
I was grinding something tonight and the wheel on the 4 1/2 grinder
was not true, it was bouncing around like crazy.. I didn't think I
could true a wheel, but I took my diamond dresser for a bench grinder
and trued the fiber impregnated wheel. It worked great.. I didn't
think the impregnated wheels could be trued, but it was worth a try
since I didn't have a new wheel available.

Hope that helps someone.

Huh - I never heard of an angle grinder disk getting out of true. Good
discovery (truing it with your diamond dresser).

--

-Mike-

jo4hn[_2_] November 2nd 13 01:30 PM

an ah ha moment

On 11/1/2013 6:31 PM, woodchucker wrote:
I was grinding something tonight and the wheel on the 4 1/2 grinder was
not true, it was bouncing around like crazy.. I didn't think I could
true a wheel, but I took my diamond dresser for a bench grinder and
trued the fiber impregnated wheel. It worked great.. I didn't think the
impregnated wheels could be trued, but it was worth a try since I didn't
have a new wheel available.

Hope that helps someone.

Invention is the necessity of mother. Or something like that.
grk,
jo4hn

Bill Gill November 4th 13 02:13 PM

an ah ha moment

On 11/1/2013 8:31 PM, woodchucker wrote:
I was grinding something tonight and the wheel on the 4 1/2 grinder was
not true, it was bouncing around like crazy.. I didn't think I could
true a wheel, but I took my diamond dresser for a bench grinder and
trued the fiber impregnated wheel. It worked great.. I didn't think the
impregnated wheels could be trued, but it was worth a try since I didn't
have a new wheel available.

Hope that helps someone.

But according to Shoe in the comics this morning an Ah Ha moment is
remembering that you have a new carton of ice cream in the freezer.
http://www.shoecomics.com/comics.php That's for November 4, 2013.

Bill