DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   wood stain on carpet (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/363114-wood-stain-carpet.html)

[email protected] October 19th 13 07:18 PM

wood stain on carpet

I refinished the staircase banister and its gorgeous, but got one spot of stain on the carpet. What solvent do you think might dissolve the stain while melting the carpet the least?

Thanks,
Mike

woodchucker[_3_] October 19th 13 09:19 PM

wood stain on carpet

On 10/19/2013 2:18 PM, wrote:
I refinished the staircase banister and its gorgeous, but got one spot of stain on the carpet. What solvent do you think might dissolve the stain while melting the carpet the least?

Thanks,
Mike

Mineral spirits if its oil base.

--
Jeff

[email protected] October 20th 13 12:54 AM

wood stain on carpet

Mineral spirits is what I was thinking but had never tried it on carpet. Flushed it with carpet cleaner and a wet vac. Did no harm and a lot of good.
Thanks for the encouragement,
Mike

WW[_2_] October 20th 13 01:57 AM

wood stain on carpet

wrote in message

I refinished the staircase banister and its gorgeous, but got one spot of
stain on the carpet. What solvent do you think might dissolve the stain
while melting the carpet the least?

Thanks,
Mike

I never wear gloves when I stain or paint stuff. Of course I get this on me
hands. I use Fast Orange hand cleaner and it cleans off even after drying.
Then wash with water. Try that. Let it soak in for several minutes then wipe
with a wet cloth. That takes it out on my clothes. WW

Morgans October 20th 13 10:10 PM

wood stain on carpet

wrote:
Thanks,
Mike

Go-Jo- the kind with petroleum distillates,if you can still find it
anywhere. As always, try on a spot of carpet in an inconspicuous place,
first.

--
Jim in NC