DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Hey Jeff(?)... (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/362978-hey-jeff.html)

Mike Marlow[_2_] October 15th 13 03:54 AM

Hey Jeff(?)...

The new HF flyer hit the streets today and the 12" miter was $10 more than I
paid for my 10". So, I called the store manager, explained that I had
purchased mine within the past two weeks, and he offered a full refund
against the price of the 12". So... now I've got the 12" for $10 out of
pocket. I just hate the guy (Claire?) that pointed out that I could cut a
4x4 with one pass with a 12" saw. See what happens...

--

-Mike-

Bill[_47_] October 15th 13 04:35 AM

Hey Jeff(?)...

Mike Marlow wrote:
The new HF flyer hit the streets today and the 12" miter was $10 more than I
paid for my 10". So, I called the store manager, explained that I had
purchased mine within the past two weeks, and he offered a full refund
against the price of the 12". So... now I've got the 12" for $10 out of
pocket. I just hate the guy (Claire?) that pointed out that I could cut a
4x4 with one pass with a 12" saw. See what happens...

A 10" DeWalt miter saw is supposed to be able to cut a 4by4, IIRC.
Congratulations on your upgrade!

woodchucker[_3_] October 15th 13 11:18 PM

Hey Jeff(?)...

On 10/14/2013 10:54 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
The new HF flyer hit the streets today and the 12" miter was $10 more than I
paid for my 10". So, I called the store manager, explained that I had
purchased mine within the past two weeks, and he offered a full refund
against the price of the 12". So... now I've got the 12" for $10 out of
pocket. I just hate the guy (Claire?) that pointed out that I could cut a
4x4 with one pass with a 12" saw. See what happens...

So you felt inadequate with the 10" and needed it a little bigger eh?
Hope you feel better now.

Enjoy, that saw is just big... it takes up a 4' footprint front to back.
I'm curious how accurate it is.

Sounds like a smart manager making you happy. That 12" saw looks like a
better saw then the 10" so I think you'll be happy.

I still haven't replaced my LS1013...

--
Jeff

Swingman October 16th 13 02:48 PM

Hey Jeff(?)...

On 10/15/2013 5:18 PM, woodchucker wrote:

I still haven't replaced my LS1013...

Nor do I intend to ever replace mine until it rolls over dead.

I bought a small Ryobi POS for grunt work, and to throw in the back of
the truck for non critical crosscuts, yet used the POS this past week to
do baseboards and shoe molding on a bathroom job because it was handy.

Nice to have a small, inexpensive tool for small jobs, and at a price
that allows inevitable replacement when the plastic fails.

Most woodworkers spend far too much money on a SCMS, IMO.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

woodchucker[_3_] October 16th 13 11:01 PM

Hey Jeff(?)...

On 10/16/2013 9:48 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 10/15/2013 5:18 PM, woodchucker wrote:

I still haven't replaced my LS1013...

Nor do I intend to ever replace mine until it rolls over dead.

I bought a small Ryobi POS for grunt work, and to throw in the back of
the truck for non critical crosscuts, yet used the POS this past week to
do baseboards and shoe molding on a bathroom job because it was handy.

Nice to have a small, inexpensive tool for small jobs, and at a price
that allows inevitable replacement when the plastic fails.

Most woodworkers spend far too much money on a SCMS, IMO.

Yes but you still have yours, I was stupid enough to drop it down a
flight of stairs where it broke the arm casting and base (surronding the
plate)... The rods didn't survive either.

I got caught, I think it was the plug or something... the result sucked...

I don't see any reasonably priced units that are as good.

That is a hell of a good unit, big base , and simple setup.

I miss it.

--
Jeff