Old September 26th 13, 03:44 PM posted to rec.woodworking

Default what is the value of a sears craftsman10 inch radial arm saw model no. 113.29411

I am selling a sears craftsman accra-arm 10 inch radial saw, model number
113.29411. that is attached to the table and cabinet... What is the value
of this and how much should I sell it for. It is in good working
condition.. A prompt reply would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you..

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/woodwor...aw-764332-.htm

Old September 26th 13, 03:52 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/26/2013 9:44 AM, Sandra wrote:
I am selling a sears craftsman accra-arm 10 inch radial saw, model number
113.29411. that is attached to the table and cabinet... What is the value
of this and how much should I sell it for. It is in good working
condition.. A prompt reply would be greatly appreciated. Thank you..

$75? But you might get a better estimate if you indicate the year it
was built and usage it has seen.
Old September 26th 13, 04:37 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 26 Sep 2013 14:44:02 +0000, Sandra
wrote:

I am selling a sears craftsman accra-arm 10 inch radial saw, model number
113.29411. that is attached to the table and cabinet... What is the value
of this and how much should I sell it for. It is in good working
condition.. A prompt reply would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you..

There was a recall on Sears radial saws. Check the site below and if
your saw is included you get $100 for returning the motor & carriage.
Shipping is free.

http://www.radialarmsawrecall.com/

Old September 26th 13, 07:44 PM posted to rec.woodworking

replying to Leon , Sandy wrote:
lcb11211 wrote:

$75? But you might get a better estimate if you indicate the year it
was built and usage it has seen.

thank you for the quick reply.. I have the handbook and it says copyright
1969. It was used by my dad in his home workshop... Thanks again,

Old September 26th 13, 08:34 PM posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

lcb11211 wrote:

$75? But you might get a better estimate if you indicate the year it
was built and usage it has seen.

thank you for the quick reply.. I have the handbook and it says copyright
1969. It was used by my dad in his home workshop... Thanks again,

http://vintagemachinery.org/photoindex/detail.aspx?id=42

That it or nearly so?

Those are pretty good saws; unfortunately the RAS has fallen into high
disfavor w/ the general public owing to (imo mostly unfounded/highly
exaggerated) tales of their danger quotient so getting a real value is
likely going to be difficult unless you can find the rara avis that
knows what it is that is looking at and wants it for that reason instead
of just a bargain hunter.

I'd _value_ it at $150-200 depending on just how clean it is and all,
but as Leon says and I repeat above it's highly unlikely you'll break
$100 unfortunately.

What accessories/blades did he have to round it out?

Old September 26th 13, 09:44 PM posted to rec.woodworking

replying to athiker , Sandra wrote:
athiker wrote:

There was a recall on Sears radial saws. Check the site below and if
your saw is included you get $100 for returning the motor & carriage.
Shipping is free.
http://www.radialarmsawrecall.com/

thank you for the information..

Old September 26th 13, 11:20 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On Thursday, September 26, 2013 2:34:28 PM UTC-5, dpb wrote:
On 9/26/2013 1:44 PM, Sandy wrote: replying to Leon , Sandy wrote: lcb11211 wrote: $75? But you might get a better estimate if you indicate the year it was built and usage it has seen. thank you for the quick reply.. I have the handbook and it says copyright 1969. It was used by my dad in his home workshop... Thanks again, http://vintagemachinery.org/photoindex/detail.aspx?id=42 That it or nearly so? Those are pretty good saws; unfortunately the RAS has fallen into high disfavor w/ the general public owing to (imo mostly unfounded/highly exaggerated) tales of their danger quotient so getting a real value is likely going to be difficult unless you can find the rara avis that knows what it is that is looking at and wants it for that reason instead of just a bargain hunter. I'd _value_ it at $150-200 depending on just how clean it is and all, but as Leon says and I repeat above it's highly unlikely you'll break $100 unfortunately. What accessories/blades did he have to round it out? --

My brother's Craftsman saw was bought in 1975. I used it often. It is a good saw. He received the (recalled) replacement blade guard and it still works fine. I think he was sent new wood for the whole table top, also. I'd value his at $150-$200, but it's whether someone would pay that much for it.

If yours doesn't have the replaced blade guard, yet, get it. If you don't know if it has been replaced, the recall folks should have a record, to know or not.

Post it for $200 (with the relaced guard), with lots of pics (Craigslist?). If, in 2-3 weeks, no one buys, then reduce the price.

Sonny
Old September 28th 13, 02:39 AM posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

I am selling a sears craftsman accra-arm 10 inch radial saw, model
number
113.29411. that is attached to the table and cabinet... What is the
value
of this and how much should I sell it for. It is in good working
condition.. A prompt reply would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you..

There was a recall on Sears radial saws. Check the site below and if
your saw is included you get $100 for returning the motor & carriage.
Shipping is free.

http://www.radialarmsawrecall.com/

Yep, his saw model is on the list (as is my old RAS); less hassle than
selling the thing, just take the money & run!

That's funny, a few years ago, I tried to point someone to this, and the
site had retracted the 100 and just offered the kit.

Not sure what happened... change of heart?

--
Jeff