Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.puzzles,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Default What is it? Set 511

#2980 has a fast taper similar to what is used on shafts or pipes to
hammer a shallow well. The first part may be the remains of the tip.

Paul

I'll do some searching to see what I can find on that. Thanks

It would appear to be a connection on an extending rod system - the wooden
poles having rotted.
We had a similar set for drain unblocking, but had brass connectors.
Is the "egg" piece hollow? is there place for a rod in the top of the
connecting piece?
If not maybe the upper part is a replaceable tip which gets damaged in use.

if solid, the "egg" part is a connector to another missing piece (I assume
a rod).

--
It's a money /life balance.