DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Segmented Walnut and Maple Bowl (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/361706-segmented-walnut-maple-bowl.html)

Spalted Walt September 3rd 13 01:24 PM

Segmented Walnut and Maple Bowl

Beautiful bowl but some of his tools could use a little lube. ;-)

http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/qFFS9PsghCI

jloomis[_2_] September 3rd 13 02:01 PM

Segmented Walnut and Maple Bowl

I enjoyed the film.
very interesting.
john

Lee Michaels[_3_] September 3rd 13 02:25 PM

Segmented Walnut and Maple Bowl

"Spalted Walt" wrote in message
Beautiful bowl but some of his tools could use a little lube. ;-)

http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/qFFS9PsghCI

I want a shop like that. Where all the tools do the work. I wonder if they
require much supervision? ;)

G. Ross September 3rd 13 04:14 PM

Spalted Walt wrote:
Beautiful bowl but some of his tools could use a little lube. ;-)

http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/qFFS9PsghCI

He needs a beefier planer.

--
 GW Ross

 Weird enough for all practical
 purposes.

Gramps' shop September 4th 13 04:30 AM

Segmented Walnut and Maple Bowl

So that's what happened to the Invisible Man.

Larry

jo4hn[_2_] September 4th 13 04:20 PM

On 9/3/2013 5:24 AM, Spalted Walt wrote:
Beautiful bowl but some of his tools could use a little lube. ;-)

http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/qFFS9PsghCI

As wonderful as that bowl is, he obviously spent much more time on the
photography. Exquisite.
mahalo,
jo4hn

[email protected] September 5th 13 05:00 PM

Segmented Walnut and Maple Bowl

On Tue, 03 Sep 2013 12:24:07 +0000, Spalted Walt
wrote:

Beautiful bowl but some of his tools could use a little lube. ;-)

http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/qFFS9PsghCI

OK, I love the video but don't understand why he drilled a hole at
about 6:41 on the video and then apparently put a plug in the hole at
6:53. I noticed that he didn't show any glue on the plug.

Lee Michaels[_3_] September 5th 13 07:53 PM

wrote:

Beautiful bowl but some of his tools could use a little lube. ;-)

http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/qFFS9PsghCI

OK, I love the video but don't understand why he drilled a hole at
about 6:41 on the video and then apparently put a plug in the hole at
6:53. I noticed that he didn't show any glue on the plug.

Maybe had had a problem having the glue bottle apply the glue by itself. :)

Ray[_7_] September 5th 13 09:00 PM

Segmented Walnut and Maple Bowl

When making a segmented base it is difficult to line up all the points
exactly. The area where the points come together is weak due to all
the fine points. It is a matter of aesthetics and strength. He
didn't photograph the glue genie.