DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Leon, your festool is cheap compared to the new kid on the block. (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/361360-re-leon-your-festool-cheap-compared-new-kid-block.html)

Lee Michaels[_3_] August 24th 13 06:51 AM

Leon, your festool is cheap compared to the new kid on the block.

"Lee Michaels" leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net wrote in message

"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message
On 8/23/2013 9:46 PM, woodchucker wrote:

Mafelle, check out Timberwolf USA's duo driller.
Neat little tool, well designed, but the Domino might be a better choice
still.

gotta link?

It is a Mafell duo dowel system.

http://www.timberwolftools.com/tools/mafell/MAF-DD40P.html

[email protected] August 24th 13 07:27 AM

Leon, your festool is cheap compared to the new kid on the block.

On Sat, 24 Aug 2013 01:51:40 -0400, "Lee Michaels"
It is a Mafell duo dowel system.
http://www.timberwolftools.com/tools/mafell/MAF-DD40P.html

One Mafell tool that really peaks my interests is their self
propelled track saw. It's been talked about here before, but I think
it deserves repeated mention. At $2500 it's not cheap, but there you
go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvwrUMHu2oc

G. Ross August 24th 13 09:24 AM

wrote:
On Sat, 24 Aug 2013 01:51:40 -0400, "Lee Michaels"
It is a Mafell duo dowel system.
http://www.timberwolftools.com/tools/mafell/MAF-DD40P.html

One Mafell tool that really peaks my interests is their self
propelled track saw. It's been talked about here before, but I think
it deserves repeated mention. At $2500 it's not cheap, but there you
go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvwrUMHu2oc

And it only weighs 17 kg.

--
 GW Ross

 Laugh, and the world ignores you.
 Crying doesn't help either.

[email protected] August 24th 13 01:47 PM

Leon, your festool is cheap compared to the new kid on the block.

On Sat, 24 Aug 2013 04:24:39 -0400, "G. Ross"
And it only weighs 17 kg.

Yeah, but that's with the guides which need some weight to hold the
pin points in place. ~ Anyway, much lighter than hauling your
contractor's saw out to a job site.

Considering my circumstances, it would be something I'd seriously
consider under the proper conditions. Have to see if I can find some
real user opinions on the thing.

Leon[_7_] August 24th 13 03:46 PM

On 8/24/2013 12:51 AM, Lee Michaels wrote:

"Lee Michaels" leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net wrote in
message news:...

"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message
On 8/23/2013 9:46 PM, woodchucker wrote:

Mafelle, check out Timberwolf USA's duo driller.
Neat little tool, well designed, but the Domino might be a better
choice
still.

gotta link?

It is a Mafell duo dowel system.

http://www.timberwolftools.com/tools/mafell/MAF-DD40P.html

There is a much less expensive Euro alternative.

http://www.amazon.com/Freud-FDW710K-...pr_product_top

I'll stick with the Domino, even if it wears out. ;~)

woodchucker[_3_] August 24th 13 07:29 PM

On 8/24/2013 10:46 AM, Leon wrote:
On 8/24/2013 12:51 AM, Lee Michaels wrote:

"Lee Michaels" leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net wrote in
message news:...

"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message
On 8/23/2013 9:46 PM, woodchucker wrote:

Mafelle, check out Timberwolf USA's duo driller.
Neat little tool, well designed, but the Domino might be a better
choice
still.

gotta link?

It is a Mafell duo dowel system.

http://www.timberwolftools.com/tools/mafell/MAF-DD40P.html

There is a much less expensive Euro alternative.

Certainly not as good if you watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUj-z...em-uploademail
This has a much better alignment design.

http://www.amazon.com/Freud-FDW710K-...pr_product_top

I'll stick with the Domino, even if it wears out. ;~)

I would agree. But thought you might like to see this in action.

--
Jeff