DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Pedestal Drilling Machine Help Please (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/360066-re-pedestal-drilling-machine-help-please.html)

[email protected] July 17th 13 04:13 PM

Pedestal Drilling Machine Help Please

On Tuesday, October 30, 2001 10:56:47 AM UTC+3, mike williams wrote:
I am about to purchase a Drilling Machine to complete a workshop.
Some advice please on Axminster, Rexon etc machines at around £250.
Is this false economy should I go for gold i.e. Record around the £500 mark.
Workshop is light furniture

MIKE,
I am following an old forum re record Power drill press RDP58P. Do you still have this drill press? I just bought one second hand and am having a problem. my depth of droll is only about 2 inches. looking inside the cover i notice that the fluted part of the spindle is about 1/2inch below the level of the top of the spindle. on yours is the fluted part about 1/2 ABOVE the top of the pulley?

many thanks in advance for your help
Peter