Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Hardiboard to cover steps?

I have three back steps which are under a overhang, but they do get
spattered when it rains. They are pine over treated lumber and SWMBO
wants the pine removed and something like TREX laid over them. I saw
some hardiboard siding (?) which looks like 3/8 thick and yellow in
color. Would this be acceptable if screwed down every 12 inches?
Will it hold paint? How about wear and weather resistance? I've
never used it but have used the grey cement board.

TIA
--
 GW Ross

 In nature, there are no rewards or
 punishments, only consequences.

HardiBoard unsafe?? Red Home Repair 6 June 24th 08 01:01 PM
The Birth Of Thriller Cover chapter 4--The Album Cover HiBob Home Repair 0 May 27th 08 08:55 AM
Storage building siding options...Hardiboard? [email protected] Home Repair 11 May 1st 07 05:47 AM
Reasonable Price for set of 3 steps, was : Replace Dangerous Side Steps. mm Home Repair 2 March 27th 07 04:57 PM
Hardiboard -- how hardy? Smagmire Home Repair 10 April 3rd 06 02:05 PM