Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Peachtree's return policy

Bought one of those $29 LED lights with the magnetic base at the Peachtree booth at the Woodworkers Show last weekend. DOA when I took it out of the box last night -- both on the AC adapter and batteries. Called Peachtree and I got stuck with the return shipping -- $8.75. Not a lot of money, but I expected them to exchange it and cover the shipping.

Larry
Posted to rec.woodworking

That would **** me off.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Gramp's shop" wrote:

Bought one of those $29 LED lights with the magnetic base at the
Peachtree booth at the Woodworkers Show last weekend. DOA when I took
it out of the box last night -- both on the AC adapter and batteries.
Called Peachtree and I got stuck with the return shipping -- $8.75.
Not a lot of money, but I expected them to exchange it and cover the
shipping.

SFWIW, they have now been removed from my approved vendor's list.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Is the LED lamp in backwards ? Is it inserted deep into the socket - or
rattled out in shipping from China...

Are the batteries in backwards ? - or plastic inside to prevent current
flow?

I get a box of flashlights with batteries - plastic pull - lights work.

Remember LEDS are diodes. They are polarized as far as current flow.

Martin (Electronics was what I cut baby teeth on)

On 2/19/2013 2:48 PM, Gramp's shop wrote:
Bought one of those $29 LED lights with the magnetic base at the Peachtree

booth at the Woodworkers Show last weekend. DOA when I took it out of the

box last night -- both on the AC adapter and batteries. Called
Peachtree a

nd I got stuck with the return shipping -- $8.75. Not a lot of money,
but I

expected them to exchange it and cover the shipping.

Larry

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
b.com...

"Gramp's shop" wrote:

Bought one of those $29 LED lights with the magnetic base at the
Peachtree booth at the Woodworkers Show last weekend. DOA when I took
it out of the box last night -- both on the AC adapter and batteries.
Called Peachtree and I got stuck with the return shipping -- $8.75.
Not a lot of money, but I expected them to exchange it and cover the
shipping.

SFWIW, they have now been removed from my approved vendor's list.

Lew

I also won't buy from them. WW

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Gramp's shop" wrote:

Bought one of those $29 LED lights with the magnetic base at the
Peachtree booth at the Woodworkers Show last weekend. DOA when I took
it out of the box last night -- both on the AC adapter and batteries.
Called Peachtree and I got stuck with the return shipping -- $8.75.
Not a lot of money, but I expected them to exchange it and cover the
shipping.

SFWIW, they have now been removed from my approved vendor's list.

Lew

I also won't buy from them. WW

I said I wouldn't either, but ...

Last month I purchased a couple of MINI-T-TRACK cam arms from Peachtree
simply because I couldn't find the size needed anywhere else.

Gotta say that their attitude exhibited at the shows - leaving you with
the impression they're doing you a favor selling to you - is carried
over to their business visibility online.

Their website is antiquated, inconvenient, and completely without regard
to customer experience with the little things that are so easy to
implement these days, like package tracking links in their order section
and emails.

Not to mention their shipping and handling added 50% to the cost (the
items were small and light enough that they could have been shipped USPS
for about half the price and still have arrived within the same delivery
window).

Impression, in a nutshell: "It's our way, or the highway."

Three things in their favor: they had the items I needed, they did not
charge my card until the items were shipped, and I got them in good
working order.

Overall grade: C-

Just makes for more appreciation of the Lee Valley's and Amazon's ...

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tuesday, February 19, 2013 10:20:02 PM UTC-6, Martin Eastburn wrote:
Is the LED lamp in backwards ? Is it inserted deep into the socket - or

rattled out in shipping from China...

Already sent back, but no easy way to access the LED lamp without risking damaging the light head. No detectable plastic pull tabs to unblock current flow.

Are the batteries in backwards ? - or plastic inside to prevent current

flow?

I get a box of flashlights with batteries - plastic pull - lights work.

Remember LEDS are diodes. They are polarized as far as current flow.

Martin (Electronics was what I cut baby teeth on)

On 2/19/2013 2:48 PM, Gramp's shop wrote:

Bought one of those $29 LED lights with the magnetic base at the Peachtree

booth at the Woodworkers Show last weekend. DOA when I took it out of the

box last night -- both on the AC adapter and batteries. Called

Peachtree a

nd I got stuck with the return shipping -- $8.75. Not a lot of money,

but I

expected them to exchange it and cover the shipping.

Larry

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 2/19/2013 2:48 PM, Gramp's shop wrote:
...[DOA product details elided for brevity]...
Called Peachtree and I got stuck with the return shipping -- $8.75. Not
a lot of money, but I expected them to exchange it and cover the shipping.

Relatively few cover shipping as routine replacement policy...even
Amazon that noted somebody lauded elsewhere in thread has a general
policy that covers return shipping on only selected product areas and
since now probably 80% of what's shipped thru Amazon checkout isn't
actually anything but a clearing house for other vendors the policy can
be almost anything...

IOW, caveat emptor up front if you're going to be bugged if something
happens you don't expect...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 19 Feb 2013 12:48:24 -0800 (PST), "Gramp's shop"
wrote:

Bought one of those $29 LED lights with the magnetic base at the Peachtree booth at the Woodworkers Show last weekend. DOA when I took it out of the box last night -- both on the AC adapter and batteries. Called Peachtree and I got stuck with the return shipping -- $8.75. Not a lot of money, but I expected them to exchange it and cover the shipping.

Larry

While I understand your frustration, it is not Peachtree's fault that
the light did not work. Their manufacturer is the one that should be
liable. This is true for any store selling merchandise they did not
make. If you bought it at Home Depot or Sears, you'd have to trek
back to make the return. They in turn have to get the stuff back to
the maker. They are not reimbursed for the return shipping.

Is there any warranty information with the unit?

OTOH, a few sellers do cover such things so if you have one, give them
your business.