DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Roentgens' Berlin Secretary Cabinet (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/351806-re-roentgens-berlin-secretary-cabinet.html)

Dave[_52_] January 16th 13 11:53 AM

Roentgens' Berlin Secretary Cabinet

On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 13:57:25 -0600, Swingman wrote:

On 1/15/2013 12:30 PM, Casper wrote:
Roentgens' Berlin Secretary Cabinet
http://youtu.be/MKikHxKeodA

Both that, and the desk, on my list of things to see before I die. I saw
some similar work in Europe ... makes you want to take up knitting
socks. Thanks for making us feel inadequate. :)

Yeah, seeing it work in person would be pretty neat bucket list item.
Wouldn't want to use one in a practical setting though. I'd keep
forgetting how to open many of the storage areas.

Unquestionably Confused January 16th 13 01:16 PM

On 1/16/2013 5:53 AM, Dave wrote:
On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 13:57:25 -0600, Swingman wrote:

On 1/15/2013 12:30 PM, Casper wrote:
Roentgens' Berlin Secretary Cabinet
http://youtu.be/MKikHxKeodA

Both that, and the desk, on my list of things to see before I die. I saw
some similar work in Europe ... makes you want to take up knitting
socks. Thanks for making us feel inadequate. :)

Yeah, seeing it work in person would be pretty neat bucket list item.
Wouldn't want to use one in a practical setting though. I'd keep
forgetting how to open many of the storage areas.

More like I'd keep forgetting that there WERE so many hidey holes in
that thing. I marvel at the sick, perverted mind that dreamed up that
thing. Wonderful! ;)

dpb January 16th 13 01:41 PM

On 1/16/2013 5:53 AM, Dave wrote:
On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 13:57:25 -0600, Swingman wrote:

On 1/15/2013 12:30 PM, Casper wrote:
Roentgens' Berlin Secretary Cabinet
http://youtu.be/MKikHxKeodA

Both that, and the desk, on my list of things to see before I die. I saw
some similar work in Europe ... makes you want to take up knitting
socks. Thanks for making us feel inadequate. :)

Yeah, seeing it work in person would be pretty neat bucket list item.
Wouldn't want to use one in a practical setting though. I'd keep
forgetting how to open many of the storage areas.

More like I'd keep forgetting that there WERE so many hidey holes in
that thing. I marvel at the sick, perverted mind that dreamed up that
thing. Wonderful! ;)

And all done pre-SU... :)

Swingman January 16th 13 01:52 PM

On 1/16/2013 7:41 AM, dpb wrote:
On 1/16/2013 5:53 AM, Dave wrote:
On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 13:57:25 -0600, Swingman wrote:

On 1/15/2013 12:30 PM, Casper wrote:
Roentgens' Berlin Secretary Cabinet
http://youtu.be/MKikHxKeodA

Both that, and the desk, on my list of things to see before I die. I
saw
some similar work in Europe ... makes you want to take up knitting
socks. Thanks for making us feel inadequate. :)

Yeah, seeing it work in person would be pretty neat bucket list item.
Wouldn't want to use one in a practical setting though. I'd keep
forgetting how to open many of the storage areas.

More like I'd keep forgetting that there WERE so many hidey holes in
that thing. I marvel at the sick, perverted mind that dreamed up that
thing. Wonderful! ;)

And all done pre-SU... :)

Beg your pardon ... even Babbage used a version of Sketchup that worked
on his first computer:

http://history-computer.com/Babbage/...EnginePlan.jpg ;)

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

Dave[_52_] January 16th 13 01:52 PM

Roentgens' Berlin Secretary Cabinet

On Wed, 16 Jan 2013 07:16:31 -0600, Unquestionably Confused
I marvel at the sick, perverted mind that dreamed up that
thing. Wonderful! ;)

I'm thinking it's the level of paranoid mind that could come up with
all those features.