DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Gloat? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/351732-gloat.html)

Unquestionably Confused January 15th 13 01:44 PM

Gloat?

It's been awhile since I scored a really good one, but I believe I may
have made up for lost time.

Found a Hegner Polymax-3 scroll saw with the factory stand. Overall the
saw is in excellent condition but missing some small (but expensive)
parts like the blade clamps and clamp carriers. With those and an
upgrade to the newer quick tension release assembly, I'm probably going
to have to invest $150 to have a fully operational, upgraded 8 speed
scroll saw.

Oh, yeah, I paid $230 for it and the seller loaded it in my van for meg

Is it worth the bragging rights?

Swingman January 15th 13 01:49 PM

Gloat?

Found a Hegner Polymax-3 scroll saw with the factory stand.

upgrade to the newer quick tension release assembly, I'm probably going
to have to invest $150 to have a fully operational, upgraded 8 speed
scroll saw.

Oh, yeah, I paid $230 for it and the seller loaded it in my van for meg

Is it worth the bragging rights?

Oh hell yeah you suck ...

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

Leon[_7_] January 15th 13 02:47 PM

Gloat?

It's been awhile since I scored a really good one, but I believe I may
have made up for lost time.

Found a Hegner Polymax-3 scroll saw with the factory stand. Overall the
saw is in excellent condition but missing some small (but expensive)
parts like the blade clamps and clamp carriers. With those and an
upgrade to the newer quick tension release assembly, I'm probably going
to have to invest $150 to have a fully operational, upgraded 8 speed
scroll saw.

Oh, yeah, I paid $230 for it and the seller loaded it in my van for meg

Is it worth the bragging rights?

Yup, certainly worth bragging about!

Dave[_52_] January 15th 13 03:35 PM

Gloat?

On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 07:49:13 -0600, Swingman wrote:
Oh, yeah, I paid $230 for it and the seller loaded it in my van for meg
Is it worth the bragging rights?

Oh hell yeah you suck ...

Nah, it's not a "You Suck" until we know for sure that he can get it
working properly for his estimated $150.

For now it's a "You Might Suck" ~ not nearly as good.

woodchucker[_3_] January 16th 13 04:11 AM

Gloat?

It's been awhile since I scored a really good one, but I believe I may
have made up for lost time.

Found a Hegner Polymax-3 scroll saw with the factory stand. Overall the
saw is in excellent condition but missing some small (but expensive)
parts like the blade clamps and clamp carriers. With those and an
upgrade to the newer quick tension release assembly, I'm probably going
to have to invest $150 to have a fully operational, upgraded 8 speed
scroll saw.

Oh, yeah, I paid $230 for it and the seller loaded it in my van for meg

Is it worth the bragging rights?

Looks like you have the right to gloat.

--
Jeff

Unquestionably Confused January 16th 13 04:35 AM

Gloat?

On 1/15/2013 10:11 PM, woodchucker wrote:

Oh, yeah, I paid $230 for it and the seller loaded it in my van for meg

Is it worth the bragging rights?

Looks like you have the right to gloat.

Took a bit of the edge off it tonight, I guess. Did a complete
assessment of the saw (had done quite a bit before even seeing it as
I've been negotiating with the seller more or less sight unseen for a
couple of weeks.

However, when all is said and done, the order placed with Advanced
Machinery in Delaware (Hegner's sole distribution point in the US) I'll
have all the upgrades, all the blade holders and - other than the wear
on the finish - a like new Polymax 3 for about $500 total investment.

I'd seen these at the shows, of course, but never handled one. What a
solid beast. German engineering at its best. But, man o man, are those
parts expensive.